Page 268 of 725 FirstFirst ... 168218258266267268269270278318368 ... LastLast
Results 2,671 to 2,680 of 7244

Thread: Coronavirus thread

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    It could be argued that coughing deliberately in someone's face during a pandemic is similar to pointing a toy gun at them: It could be viewed as assault with a deadly weapon.
    It could also be similar to pointing an actual gun. Hell, the cougher may not even know they're infected.

I think society isn't far from physical altercation in these scenarios. Hell, I think we're pretty close to some of those apocalyptic style movie/video games about virus outbreaks.

-Cory

" La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

Knowingly exposing someone to HIV is no longer criminal....good luck with coughing.

Quote Originally Posted by Navin Johnson View Post
    Knowingly exposing someone to HIV is no longer criminal....good luck with coughing.
    Still is in my state.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    "Police in Virginia are investigating an incident in which “juveniles” coughed on produce at a grocery store while filming themselves, in a sickening sign of the coronavirus times."

https://www.mediaite.com/news/antiso...avirus-crisis/

Has me wondering what the legal implications would be for "corporal" levels of force to "interdict" such behavior. The next level could just as easily be coughing into someone's face to freak them out ie terrorize them.
    The only question in your latter s snaring would be if it was considered assault or assault with a deadly weapon. Either way that person is getting a kinetic response.

Along the same lines:

https://www.policeone.com/coronaviru...8I4YQaZXBYdvUg

Texas man arrested for lying online about having COVID-19 as 'social experiment' The suspect was arrested for causing false alarm after police and EMS responded to his home after the Facebook post

TYLER COUNTY, Texas — A Tyler County man who falsely claimed he had coronavirus in a Facebook post told police he did it as a social experiment.

Michael Lane Brandin, 23, of Woodville, wanted to “make a point that you cannot believe everything you view online,” the Tyler County Sheriff’s Office said in a news release.

A warrant was issued for his arrest on Tuesday on the charge of false alarm or report, a misdemeanor, according to the sheriff’s office. He turned himself in on Tuesday.

His bond has been set at $1,000.

The sheriff’s office reportedly received multiple reports on March 13 of a Facebook post where a Tyler County man claimed he tested positive for COVID-19 at the Tyler County Hospital. Due to the growing concerns over coronavirus across the country and in Texas, law enforcement, medical workers and emergency management officials responded, the sheriff’s office said.

As deputies investigated the alleged illness, the sheriff’s office said, they discovered Brandin had published the post as a social experiment.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    I found out that I missed a visit by an infected person to a local market by one day. We still have few enough cases that they are tracking and posting where the infected have gone.

As far as the coughing juveniles, charge them as adults with domestic terrorism. Do that along with that idiot on TV saying he was going to party on the beach. That clip should be put on a Web site for future employers called Maximum Douche Bags.

PS - missed two local sites by one day.
    There is no domestic terrorism charge and even if there was this behavior would not meet the definition. Being an asshole Does not constitute a social or political goal.

You would charge it as an assault, get a court order to have them tested for COVID 19 and if positive charge him with assault with a deadly weapon or attempted murder. If negative it on charge is a false report and terroristic threat.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    As far as the coughing juveniles, charge them as adults with domestic terrorism. Do that along with that idiot on TV saying he was going to party on the beach. That clip should be put on a Web site for future employers called Maximum Douche Bags.
    That's an extreme over-reaction at best and does nothing to address the issue.

In fact, such suggestions are more likely to incite more unreasonable behavior and serve only to antagonize others. Try dialing back on the 'fists clenched' confrontational rhetoric instead—you'll get a better response.
    ''Politics is for the present, but an equation is for eternity.'' ―Albert Einstein

Full disclosure per the Pistol-Forum CoC: I am the author of Quantitative Ammunition Selection.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    For what it's worth, the governor's order doesn't seem to have changed the situation on the ground in California. Nor did my County's "Shelter at Home" order. I have three buddies in residential construction, and all three went to work today. So did my neighbors who are general contractors. I think the general feeling is "If I don't work, I don't get paid." And the fear of poverty seems to outweigh the slightly abstract idea that social contact drives the epidemic.

Most of the schools are closed and most state employees are working from home, so that's reducing social contacts. But there's still a lot of folks going about their daily routine.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Navin Johnson View Post
    It is here.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    "Police in Virginia are investigating an incident in which “juveniles” coughed on produce at a grocery store while filming themselves, in a sickening sign of the coronavirus times."

https://www.mediaite.com/news/antiso...avirus-crisis/

Has me wondering what the legal implications would be for "corporal" levels of force to "interdict" such behavior. The next level could just as easily be coughing into someone's face to freak them out ie terrorize them.
    knuckle sandwich should be the appropriate and approved response.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

User Tag List