Page 267 of 725 FirstFirst ... 167217257265266267268269277317367 ... LastLast
Results 2,661 to 2,670 of 7244

Thread: Coronavirus thread

Quote Originally Posted by peterb View Post
    "Hence, the question remains why the age distribution of cases is shaped so differently in Italy compared to South Korea. It has also been pointed out that the testing procedures for coronavirus in the countries are very different — Italy has predominantly been testing people with symptoms of a coronavirus infection, while South Korea has been testing basically everyone since the outbreak had become apparent. Consequently, South Korea has detected more asymptomatic, but positive cases of coronavirus than Italy, in particular among young people.
    A complementary reason is that the Korean outbreak took place mainly among followers of the Shincheonji megachurch/sect in and around the city of Daegu. Possibly, many followers of this movement are of relatively young age, explaining the unusual spike of cases among the 20–29-year-olds once testing intensified around this group. This might have also prevented the virus from spreading extensively among the Korean elderly so far. With regard to Italy, we do not know who spread the virus among the old population of the North — but the surprisingly high number of tourists that have been diagnosed with coronavirus after returning from trips to Northern Italy suggests that the unnoticed and asymptomatic spread of the virus has probably been going on there for quite some time, building up to then ravage the elderly."
    The bias in the data to young infected and female (50s and overlap in the spike in the 20s) is due to the demographics of that mega church cluster.

Site Supporter
    My daughter’s boyfriend is still waiting for his test result. He was swabbed last Friday. The next year is going to be interesting.

Site Supporter
    A person that I consider my son has dismissed findings of our best scientists and has pulled a conspiracy theory out of his head. His IQ is higher than mine. I have two graduate degrees with a total of 90 semester hours in biology. I feared that his thinking processes would lead down this path.

Those who can't accept our plight may march to a different drummer. Psychology of denial may be a factor. Arrogance may be tied into this twist of reasoning. And then some guys, when they say that they know something, really are merely thinking that they know something--to use simple terms.

Ability, experiences, education level, skill sets, maturity, and integrity of forum members contribute to its standing in the big community. Interacting without disruption hinges on at least a couple of factors. One is social skills. Another is having a personality profile that is not skewed off to one side. These two, social skills and personality profile, are factors(among several)that interact to form etiquette. When we continue to fail to respect others' opinions, and if we express in ways that are disruptive, then we become a detriment to the overall mission.

https://www.statnews.com/pharmalot/2...vid19-malaria/

Seems like they are ramping up to produce this chloroquine drug by the 10’s of millions.

The drug maker expects to begin supplying the pills by mid-April, based on existing supplies of the active pharmaceutical ingredient, and ramp up production to provide 50 million tablets and potentially treat a total of more than 1.5 million patients. The potential use of this medicine for Covid-19 related treatment is pending additional FDA and other regulatory body guidance, the company added.

Meanwhile, Teva expects to donate more than 6 million doses through wholesalers to U.S. hospitals to meet “urgent demand,” the company said in a statement. The doses will be shipped by March 31, and more than 10 million within a month. Additional production is being assessed. The drug is being studied for its ability to fight Covid-19 and Teva noted U.S. officials requested it be made available for immediate use.
    David S.

"Police in Virginia are investigating an incident in which “juveniles” coughed on produce at a grocery store while filming themselves, in a sickening sign of the coronavirus times."

https://www.mediaite.com/news/antiso...avirus-crisis/

Has me wondering what the legal implications would be for "corporal" levels of force to "interdict" such behavior. The next level could just as easily be coughing into someone's face to freak them out ie terrorize them.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I'm not speaking of Bernie's health. I'm speaking about the concept of healthcare for all. Whether he lives or dies doesn't change whether the voting public will come around to that point of view, now or in the future.
    I suspect the voting public in general has already been there for a while. It’s not like a majority of America wasn’t under-insured long before anyone had ever heard of C19. What remains to be seen is if the political class comes around
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    "Police in Virginia are investigating an incident in which “juveniles” coughed on produce at a grocery store while filming themselves, in a sickening sign of the coronavirus times."

Has me wondering what the legal implications would be for "corporal" levels of force to "interdict" such behavior. The next level could just as easily be coughing into someone's face to freak them out ie terrorize them.
    They better catch these fucks and make them go volunteer to help in hospitals with covid 19 patients.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Pepper spray? Spray bottle of alcohol? "No officer, I was just trying to disinfect myself and anything in the area." :-)

Site Supporter
    I found out that I missed a visit by an infected person to a local market by one day. We still have few enough cases that they are tracking and posting where the infected have gone.

As far as the coughing juveniles, charge them as adults with domestic terrorism. Do that along with that idiot on TV saying he was going to party on the beach. That clip should be put on a Web site for future employers called Maximum Douche Bags.

PS - missed two local sites by one day.
    Last edited by Glenn E. Meyer; 03-20-2020 at 10:14 AM.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    It could be argued that coughing deliberately in someone's face during a pandemic is similar to pointing a toy gun at them: It could be viewed as assault with a deadly weapon.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

User Tag List