Page 264 of 725 FirstFirst ... 164214254262263264265266274314364 ... LastLast
Results 2,631 to 2,640 of 7244

Thread: Coronavirus thread

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

We starting testing for our entire county. First responders are being tested currently, with the general public starting next week. It is voluntary, but available to all residents of the county. I am hearing that this will be rolled out nationally soon.

http://www.unitedbiomedical.com/COVID-19/index.html

“After SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes the coronavirus disease, 2019 (COVID-19), infects a person, that person’s immune system will produce antibodies against the virus to fight the infection. A COVID-19 antibody test is able to detect the antibodies made by the body against the SARS-CoV-2 virus from a small sample of blood to diagnosis whether a person has (or previously had) COVID-19. The United Biomedical, Inc. (UBI) Group of Companies (UBI Group) has developed a COVID-19 antibody test that is called the UBI[emoji2400] SARS-CoV-2 ELISA.

Validation tests conducted in China, Taiwan and California have demonstrated that the UBI[emoji2400]SARS-CoV-2 ELISA is highly sensitive, specific, and accurate. 100% of the blood samples collected post seroconversion of infection from patients who tested positive to COVID-19 by other methods were found to be positive using the UBI[emoji2400] SARS-CoV-2 ELISA. We have also tested over 900 blood samples that were collected before the present COVID-19 outbreak and none of these samples tested positive using our test, which means that our test has not produced even one false positive result. These samples included blood samples from patients who have previously tested positive for other human coronaviruses (e.g., NL63 or HKU-1) as well as other infectious diseases (e.g., HIV, HCV, and HBV).”

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Mr. Sluder is going to find out that his stupidity will follow him to his grave. Thus Spaketh the Internet.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    May they be pelted with bowling balls.

My mother is in her mid-90s. Even if she doesn't contract COVID-19, a 12-18 month crackdown on visits to assisted living/nursing homes means that there is a fair chance that I'll never see her again. Never to hug her, to kiss her, to tell her, in person, how much she has meant to me. I talk to her every day, but that's not the same.

I can't tell you how much considering the above saddens me. So I'm going to try not to think of it.

Suck it up and drive on. There's nothing else to do. Giving into the darkness isn't an option.
    My grandma is 99 and went into a nursing home recently. I normally see her once a week but haven’t been able to lately of course.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JPC View Post
    We starting testing for our entire county. First responders are being tested currently, with the general public starting next week. It is voluntary, but available to all residents of the county. I am hearing that this will be rolled out nationally soon.

I’m stoked if that anti body test is actually accurate as they say it is and can be rolled out wide scale. We’re going to need that in real a bad way in a couple of months with the lack of testing we’ve had.

Quote Originally Posted by JPC View Post

That awesome. I know I shouldn't be surprised but I am super pissed that fucking NBA teams are getting tested when our first responders and medical staff cant get fucking tested...

Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    That awesome. I know I shouldn't be surprised but I am super pissed that fucking NBA teams are getting tested when our first responders and medical staff cant get fucking tested...
    I'm wondering how much traction Bernie's healthcare perspective will receive in the wake of this event. It's certainly not new information, and nobody should be shocked by what's been reality every day of our lives, but it's hard to escape being hit in the face by the "privilege" daily and some are finding it a wake up call.

I just hope Jay Z and Beyonce won't be inconvenienced.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I'm wondering how much traction Bernie's healthcare perspective will receive in the wake of this event.
    Depends if he lives through this.

I’m only fractionally joking, considering his age and recent heart attack; so many of our key political leaders are just so old. Biden? Trump has a clean bill of health, but he’s still in the high risk zone. And don’t even get me started on RBG—she really needs to avoid this virus to keep her spot on the bench. What happens if the top dem contenders end up on ventilators? Not probable, but stranger things have happened. It’ll be interesting to watch all this unfold.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I got back to GA just in time!

User Tag List