Page 261 of 725 FirstFirst ... 161211251259260261262263271311361 ... LastLast
Results 2,601 to 2,610 of 7244

Thread: Coronavirus thread

Site Supporter Maple Syrup Actual's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Seven_Sicks_Two View Post
    With the world being what it is, I'd be real hesitant to call the Germans "superior" unless you want to feel the wrath of Woke Twitter
    if woke twitter doesn't like my sense of humour, woke twitter can eat a bag of dicks, which are necessarily male sex organs

But we can order takeout alcohol now!

CONCORD, N.H. —
    Gov. Chris Sununu issued emergency orders Wednesday to allow restaurants to sell take-out or delivery beer and wine, and to make it easier for schools to teach students remotely and for residents to access telehealth services.

The orders were issued as part of the governor's emergency declaration to respond to the threat of COVID-19.

One of the orders temporarily authorizes restaurants, bars, private clubs and any other establishment with both a restaurant license and on-premises license from the state Liquor Commission to sell beer or wine for takeout or delivery.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    I saw a couple plain clothes (Detectives?) leo with cuff pouches, spare mags and a pistol worn OWB. One had a Tac Vest (?) with POLICE prominently on it. I think they were using M&Ps from the mag I glimpsed. I try very very hard not to stare at Cops guns when I’m out and about. I just try to blend in acting oblivious like every one else. (I had my G43X in my 10° cant RCS Perun ALWB. Really liking that setup.)
    Probably just guys working of-duty. Some PDs don't allow the uniform to be worn at off duty jobs, some employers don't want uniformed officers for whatever reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Chance View Post
    A question for law enforcement folks: what exactly are the implications of these "shelter in place" orders that are beginning to pop up? I realize the particulars will vary based on jurisdiction, but the way media outlets are explaining it, it sounds like an extra stern, "Please don't leave your house."

I've no idea what it's like other places but here we're not supposed to respond and notify EOC (Emerengy Operations Center). Ordinarily I'd be one of the folks on the response squad but I'm out for two reasons, 1) I put myself on the inactive list when I jacked up my tendon in my foot and 2) I'm on vacation. I'm not sure what they are doing, but I assume it's probably more like ordinance/code enforcement then "regular" law enforcement.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Another factor in how different countries are able to cope with a surge of new cases:

Name:  beds.JPG
Views: 457
Size:  41.5 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Glock View Post
    I just directed my office to cancel everything up to April 1st inclusive. Basically the next two weeks of operations.

Nothing is urgent and this is in keeping with current CMS and CDC guidelines. This is around 40 outpatient procedures, and 120 clinical office visits It was an extremely hard decision for me and will inconvenience a lot of people, but I can not in good conscience continue risk my patients, or staff's health in this uncertain time. I am almost shaking making the decision actually because it is such a big call for a one man practice. Thankfully I can continue to pay staff, and can personally go without income. For a while anyway. If this goes on for months...

We are out in the sticks so are about two weeks behind the big urban areas. We have no confirmed cases in this county, but I fear the tsunami is coming.
    I commend you for making a very difficult and painful decision, albeit no doubt the correct one. I think it's amazing that you're able to continue to pay your staff for a while. I can't even imagine how frightening/stressful this must all be for a small business owner to have families depending on you for their pay. But they are lucky to have one that obviously cares about them as well as the health of the overall community. I truly hope you and they stay healthy and are able to rebound quickly from this when it clears.

Now, the amazing hospital company I work for has finally realized there is enough threat that the daily management meetings are now done via video, and they've closed the cafeteria dining area. Starting tomorrow there are no visitors allowed in the hospital except for dire patients. Yet, the elective surgeries continue. Today we had 2 condyloma excision procedures that require the use of N95s and 2 knee scopes. Tomorrow are 3 bunion surgeries and 4 non-incarcerated hernias and a few hemorrhoids surgeries.

Site Supporter
    https://www.cbsnews.com/news/coronav...YUfIYLgt6Vq0A#

Almost half of coronavirus patients have digestive symptoms, study finds

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    More specifically, in this instance, one of our two senators from NC. So much for their sense of duty.

https://www.npr.org/2020/03/19/81819...ts-on-covid-19
    This does not need to be lost in the shuffle a 3 week heads up for his financial supporters while the citizens get nothing. What are the odds the tip was based upon information from a classified briefing. I guess we didn’t need to know.

CA Governor Newsom said that he expects 56% of his state's population to be infected within eight weeks. https://www.latimes.com/california/s...id-coronavirus

Let's hope he is very wrong. Even at 0.5% fatalities, that is more than 125,000 deaths and who knows what long term health and economic impacts in one state.

Quote Originally Posted by peterb View Post
    The 1918 flu pandemic was a look at how bad these things can be. It’s worth a bit of reading.

Some countries — South Korea, for example — seem to have done a great job at controlling the spread and/or limiting fatalities. Others, not so well. I have no idea where we’ll fall on that scale.

I suspect we’ll all know more in a couple of weeks.
    A good book on the Spanish flu is The Great Influenza by John M. Barry:

https://www.amazon.com/Great-Influen...dp/0143036491/

Years since I read it but might take it off the shelf and read again...

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    https://www.cbsnews.com/news/coronav...YUfIYLgt6Vq0A#

Almost half of coronavirus patients have digestive symptoms, study finds
    That's not going to help the TP situation....

User Tag List