Page 253 of 725 FirstFirst ... 153203243251252253254255263303353 ... LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,530 of 7244

Thread: Coronavirus thread

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Glock View Post
    I just directed my office to cancel everything up to April 1st inclusive. Basically the next two weeks of operations.

Nothing is urgent and this is in keeping with current CMS and CDC guidelines. This is around 40 outpatient procedures, and 120 clinical office visits It was an extremely hard decision for me and will inconvenience a lot of people, but I can not in good conscience continue risk my patients, or staff's health in this uncertain time. I am almost shaking making the decision actually because it is such a big call for a one man practice. Thankfully I can continue to pay staff, and can personally go without income. For a while anyway. If this goes on for months...

We are out in the sticks so are about two weeks behind the big urban areas. We have no confirmed cases in this county, but I fear the tsunami is coming.
    You’re a good man, @Doc_Glock

Cliff notes for the press conference today? Missed it.

Your Elected Representatives at Work

More specifically, in this instance, one of our two senators from NC. So much for their sense of duty.

https://www.npr.org/2020/03/19/81819...ts-on-covid-19

The chairman of the Senate Intelligence Committee warned a small group of well-connected constituents three weeks ago to prepare for dire economic and societal effects of the coronavirus, according to a secret recording obtained by NPR.

The remarks from U.S. Sen. Richard Burr were more stark than any he had delivered in more public forums.

On Feb. 27, when the United States had 15 confirmed cases of COVID-19, President Trump was tamping down fears and suggesting that the virus could be seasonal.

"It's going to disappear. One day, it's like a miracle. It will disappear," the president said then, before adding, "it could get worse before it gets better. It could maybe go away. We'll see what happens."

On that same day, Burr attended a luncheon held at a social club called the Capitol Hill Club. And he delivered a much more alarming message.

"There's one thing that I can tell you about this: It is much more aggressive in its transmission than anything that we have seen in recent history," he said, according to a secret recording of the remarks obtained by NPR. "It is probably more akin to the 1918 pandemic."...

...The message Burr delivered to the group was dire.

Thirteen days before the State Department began to warn against travel to Europe, and 15 days before the Trump administration banned European travelers, Burr warned those in the room to reconsider.

"Every company should be cognizant of the fact that you may have to alter your travel. You may have to look at your employees and judge whether the trip they're making to Europe is essential or whether it can be done on video conference. Why risk it?" Burr said.

Sixteen days before North Carolina closed its schools over the threat of the coronavirus, Burr warned it could happen.

"There will be, I'm sure, times that communities, probably some in North Carolina, have a transmission rate where they say, 'Let's close schools for two weeks. Everybody stay home,' " he said.

And Burr invoked the possibility that the military might be mobilized to combat the coronavirus. Only now, three weeks later, is the public learning of that prospect.

"We're going to send a military hospital there; it's going to be in tents and going to be set up on the ground somewhere," Burr said at the luncheon. "It's going to be a decision the president and DOD make. And we're going to have medical professionals supplemented by local staff to treat the people that need treatment."
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    Pres. Trump mentioned that cruise ship companies might offer ships to the major cities as resources for people to stay, I assume it would be a quarantine. But that's a blurb and I don't attest to the accuracy of the report.

Boss is out woth “flu-like” symptoms. There was a confirmed case in one of the buildings we have labspace in. We have a shortage of testing kits, and the recent earthquake knocked out two of our clinics. Will this make me the first P-F case?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    CDC guidelines green lights the use of bandanas when your N95s run out. Anyone heard of the Administration placing orders for 300 million yet?

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/cnns-gup...danas-scarves/
    Need to dig out my "drive on rags" from my Lightfighter days - knew they would come back in style!

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    I cancelled my routine colonoscopy for early next month.
    The below link will (hopefully) be a short amusing thread diversion for anyone over 50.

https://www.miamiherald.com/living/l...le1928847.html

Quote Originally Posted by Warped Mindless View Post
    Cliff notes for the press conference today? Missed it.
    https://www.hngn.com/articles/228138...-effective.htm

"By Staff Reporter Feb 23, 2020 10:51 PM EST

Chloroquine phosphate, an antimalarial drug, is shown to have yielded positive data against COVID-19 associated pneumonia in multicenter clinical trials conducted in China.

It is slated to be included in the next version of the Guidelines for the Prevention, Diagnosis, and Treatment of Pneumonia Caused by COVID-19 issued by the National Health Commission of the People's Republic of China.

Chloroquine is under assessment in more than 100 infected patients at over ten hospitals in Beijing and Guangdong province. Plans for an additional study in Hunan province are in progress."

Googled "Chloroquine Coronavirus" and there were dozens of hits, this is just the first.

Be interested in the p-f Doc take on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Glock View Post
    I just directed my office to cancel everything up to April 1st inclusive. Basically the next two weeks of operations.

Nothing is urgent and this is in keeping with current CMS and CDC guidelines. This is around 40 outpatient procedures, and 120 clinical office visits It was an extremely hard decision for me and will inconvenience a lot of people, but I can not in good conscience continue risk my patients, or staff's health in this uncertain time. I am almost shaking making the decision actually because it is such a big call for a one man practice. Thankfully I can continue to pay staff, and can personally go without income. For a while anyway. If this goes on for months...
    Oh dude, I so feel for you. The only consolation is that when this shit ends, we'll be buried in work.

Wait, is that a consolation???
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    Pres. Trump mentioned that cruise ship companies might offer ships to the major cities as resources for people to stay, I assume it would be a quarantine. But that's a blurb and I don't attest to the accuracy of the report.
    On the surface this sounds like a good idea. Keeps the cruise ship companies from going bottoms up, provides an effective quarantine for The Infected.

I'm actually sort of surprised this wasn't put in to place already.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

User Tag List