Page 249 of 725 FirstFirst ... 149199239247248249250251259299349 ... LastLast
Results 2,481 to 2,490 of 7244

Thread: Coronavirus thread

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by farscott View Post
    Would you please share your reasons for predicting this? I assume a country-wide shutdown would have to be ordered by the individual States, and I cannot see all States agreeing to it. Of course, I have been known to be wrong.
    Take a look at the report from the Imperial college all the steps are spelled out. As testing has begun our doubling rate has been 2 days. I probably should have posted that in the conspiracy thread because it’s speculation based on the overall collection of data I’ve seen and not any solid or confirmed information.

I do hope that we can keep shutdowns localized.

CDC guidelines green lights the use of bandanas when your N95s run out. Anyone heard of the Administration placing orders for 300 million yet?

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/cnns-gup...danas-scarves/
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Are there any good guides for what one should do for home care in the event you are sick and trying to keep yourself out of a hospital, or if there is no hospital available?
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    CDC guidelines green lights the use of bandanas when your N95s run out. Anyone heard of the Administration placing orders for 300 million yet?

That's it, I'm going out in town with an Israeli bandage strapped to my face.

Haters gonna' hate. People can't appreciate real fashion.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pangloss View Post
    My institution cancelled all elective surgeries, which is definitely not crazy. I think they may have also cancelled all "non-essential" surgeries, though I don't know what the difference is between the two.
    I canceled my routine colonoscopy for early next month. I don't need to walk into a building full of sick people. They may need the supplies elsewhere. And if things get really hairy, the docs doing those procedures may be helping out elsewhere.

This would seem to be the time to invoke the old wartime question of "is this trip really necessary" when it comes to using medical resources.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Site Supporter
    The hospital ships will takes weeks to deploy according the Sec. of Defense. I recall this happened in past crises. Maybe Sandy or Katrina?

So I ask WTF are they good for? A disaster and a war? If when the crisis happens, it takes weeks to turn the key?

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post

Awesome. Now I can finally go out in public with that Camo Shemagh (*) I sheepishly bought on eBay and not look like a twat.

* Kidding - I do not own a Camo Shemagh. I do own a plain OD Balaclava I use to protect my neck for outdoor shooting. I'll go fish that out.

Site Supporter
    No, you will still look like a twat. At the market yesterday (still need food), there was one guy wearing dry wall mask. Looked like a -- pick your genital to describe him.

He is not infected as he would have been quarantined. Weird thing at the market - a old guy (older than me) asked me if I was the monsignor. Huh? I had to tell him no.

A woman told me that now we know that folks don't like Brussels sprouts as the frozen section was full of them. Plenty of fresh veggies though. Plenty of higher end meat and fish.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    The hospital ships will takes weeks to deploy according the Sec. of Defense. I recall this happened in past crises. Maybe Sandy or Katrina?

So I ask WTF are they good for? A disaster and a war? If when the crisis happens, it takes weeks to turn the key?
    The ships are kept in sort of a hot reserve status, with a caretaker crew. It takes about 1,300 people to fully crew one; you're not going to have all those doctors, nurses, corpsmen, etc. sitting around. So the ships get manned up when they're needed.

It doesn't take weeks. In an emergency, they can get up faster.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    That's it, I'm going out in town with an Israeli bandage strapped to my face.

Haters gonna' hate. People can't appreciate real fashion.
    Sweet, an actual use for my previously-cringeworthy "Ghost" balaclava from 2009.

User Tag List