Page 244 of 725 FirstFirst ... 144194234242243244245246254294344 ... LastLast
Results 2,431 to 2,440 of 7244

Thread: Coronavirus thread

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    Laura Kelly is a moron. I hope they hang her with this.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    Laura Kelly is a moron. I hope they hang her with this.
    While she might be a moron I don’t think any kids in the country are going back to school before the fall.

I’m also going ahead and predicting a countrywide shutdown for a minimum of two weeks will be announced on Friday.

A "Shelter In Place Order" was issued by my county. Details are scarce, but it sounds similar to others in CA.

ETA: I dialed back my social interaction about 10 days ago, and started working from home this week, so it's not a big change for me. I suspect it will have a more dramatic effect on some others.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    My brother in law that is an infectious disease doctor just texted the family this afternoon and said that despite putting 2 patients to a ventilator, he’s close to running out of ventilators.
    Allowed to share which hospital?

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    This is frightening.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-h...KBN2152V0?il=0

But strict testing rules mean only patients hospitalized with severe symptoms are normally being swab tested.

While no detailed data is available, officials, nurses and relatives say there has been a spike in nursing home deaths in the worst affected regions of northern Italy since the virus emerged, and they are not showing up in coronavirus statistics.

“There are significant numbers of people who have died but whose death hasn’t been attributed to the coronavirus because they died at home or in a nursing home and so they weren’t swabbed,” said Giorgio Gori, mayor of the town of Bergamo.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    Discussion of the day (one of many) at work is how we do the CPR on COVID19 patients or strongly suspected ones.

Background: CPR is a high risk procedure from a transmission standpoint due to aerosolization. There's a massive shortage of N95 masks. We can't run in them at all times because we'll use them up. Cardiac arrests usually come unannounced. If we have some level of anticipation, we plan on using N95s and PAPRs ahead of the time. If we don't have correct PPE on when arrest happens, then things might become interesting.

The take-home point for all of you: if you're ACLS trained and see yourself as a bystander CPR-capable and willing, you might wanna have a properly fit N95 with you.
    What's the success of CPR on Covid-19 codes both here and overseas?

Sort of a leading question....but my thoughts are why not withhold abuse of a corpse CPR?
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    Not sure about frightening, but normal when in crisis. Wasting resources on testing those who are dead is just that - Wasting resources. Unless there is something to be gained from the work, when already rationing care and resources for the living; spending time on testing the dead for the sake of stats is not a good use of time. Its sucky, and cold, but the focus needs to be on the living and those who can be helped.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TAZ View Post
    Not sure about frightening, but normal when in crisis. Wasting resources on testing those who are dead is just that - Wasting resources. Unless there is something to be gained from the work, when already rationing care and resources for the living; spending time on testing the dead for the sake of stats is not a good use of time. Its sucky, and cold, but the focus needs to be on the living and those who can be helped.
    Mostly i meant implications for overall case fatality rate

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    a friend of mine said "that's about the only way any of this hysteria makes sense".
    If Putin's disinformation is behind all the conservative outlets telling people it's just a flu, it would indeed be interesting.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    If Putin's disinformation is behind all the conservative outlets telling people it's just a flu, it would indeed be interesting.
    What conservative outlets would that be?

User Tag List