Page 241 of 725 FirstFirst ... 141191231239240241242243251291341 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,410 of 7244

Thread: Coronavirus thread

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    We just had a 5.7 magnitude quake. Can you believe it? Literally last thing we need.
    SLC airport reported as closed with injuries.

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Anyone else seeing a massive decrease in call quality for Skype today? We've been using it for language school without issue, and today it's been terrible.
    FWIW, of the three online platforms in common use (Skype, Facetime, Zoom), Skype is generally considered to have the worst quality in the best of times. All the schools I am aware of—which is a decent sampling—use zoom for synchronous instruction. FT works pretty well one-on-one. FWIW, but this is all I’ve been doing this week—at least when I'm not farting around on P-F.

I’m sure you don’t have a choice in the matter. I’m just throwing out a data point that Skype has a rep for overtaxing out, in general. I’ve been wondering how the various systems would hold up as a majority of the country’s universities and colleges go online-only, all at once across a roughly 3-week time frame. We will see in the next 2 weeks. I’m not an IT guy, but tout le monde switching to skype and facetime all at once has got to tax the system. Again, FWIW.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    I’m sure you don’t have a choice in the matter.
    We do to some degree, actually. We chose Skype. My wife and I used Zoom the other night for a meeting and the quality was worse than Skype. The school was thinking about investing it, but they haven't bought it. We have Teams available as well, but I'm having some account troubles so we haven't used it.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Site Supporter
    Italy checks in today with 4.207 new cases and 475 deaths in a single day.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    I am not a lawyer but as far as I know HIPAA privacy rules only apply to healthcare providers and their subcontractors, healthcare information clearing houses and health insurance companies. I don't believe HIPAA applies to a private party to whom you disclosed you health information. However, I could be totally wrong.
    You are correct.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

anyone seen this one?
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world...cid=spartandhp

Russian media have deployed a "significant disinformation campaign" against the West to worsen the impact of the coronavirus, generate panic and sow distrust, according to a European Union document seen by Reuters.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    anyone seen this one?

Russian media have deployed a "significant disinformation campaign" against the West to worsen the impact of the coronavirus, generate panic and sow distrust, according to a European Union document seen by Reuters.
    that would certainly be on brand. Fuck em. They'll be having plenty of fun on their own shortly.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    that would certainly be on brand. Fuck em. They'll be having plenty of fun on their own shortly.
    a friend of mine said "that's about the only way any of this hysteria makes sense".

I've kind of given up worrying about whether or not the hysteria is real or justified and way more focused on how to deal with the repercussions.

We had a call today with a company who has offices in the same area as Google and Amazon on Seattle. This company has had NO confirmed cases in their own office. CDC has told them they might get back in the office by end of May.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    anyone seen this one?

User Tag List