Page 238 of 725 FirstFirst ... 138188228236237238239240248288338 ... LastLast
Results 2,371 to 2,380 of 7244

Thread: Coronavirus thread

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    With more and more people being told to stay home (or being off work), has any of our LEOs noticed an uptick in domestic violence calls? Or might that happen more in a few weeks?

Are we also going to see a Covid-19 Baby Boomlet?
    Yeah, i agree. But I’m less concerned with cabin fever than petty theft. I’m worried that as the job/labor/income market contracts that we are going to see a rise in petty crime and property crime. As a source of short term cash or desirable theft items.
    "Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force; like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master"

Site Supporter
    Zubin Damania and guest asking interesting questions about how we're handling this. Triggered many. Been watching his stuff for years.

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Anyone else seeing a massive decrease in call quality for Skype today? We've been using it for language school without issue, and today it's been terrible.
    On a call right now with DoD and .com entities from home/VPN. Upwards of 40+ folks/orgs. All clear.

Quote Originally Posted by Triggerf16 View Post
    Yeah, i agree. But I’m less concerned with cabin fever than petty theft. I’m worried that as the job/labor/income market contracts that we are going to see a rise in petty crime and property crime. As a source of short term cash or desirable theft items.
    Doesnt help that police departments are posting on FB that they wont be out arresting people right now for any nin violent crime. Like, oh good, thanks for giving criminals the heads up.

Site Supporter
    China: Avigan effective in tackling coronavirus

The director said the tests were conducted in the cities of Wuhan and Shenzhen and involved 240 patients and 80 patients respectively.

He said those who were given the medicine in Shenzhen turned negative for the virus after a median of four days after becoming positive, while it took a median of 11 days for those without the drug.

The trial also found that X-ray photos confirmed improvements in lung conditions in about 91 percent of the patients who were given the medicine. The number stood at 62 percent for those without the drug.

The director said the drug is highly safe and its effect is obvious, and formally recommend the use of the medicine as a way to tackle the virus.
    ETA: https://www.japantimes.co.jp/tag/avigan/
    Last edited by RoyGBiv; 03-18-2020 at 09:25 AM.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by Warped Mindless View Post
    Doesnt help that police departments are posting on FB that they wont be out arresting people right now for any nin violent crime. Like, oh good, thanks for giving criminals the heads up.
    There's some jackass who's been running his crotch rocket up and down the main road past our development at like 100 MPH since yesterday AM.

It's raining now, so hopefully he tries again. I can siphon the gas from the wreck.

Seriously, if he comes out again, I'll reach out to my friends who're local and I'm sure SOMEONE will stop his nonsense.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Everything I have read suggests all the experimental therapies (remdesivir, chloroquine, etc etc) are still very much experimental. We definitely don't have a handle on best Tx at present.

Site Supporter
    These electronic signs typically display the time in minutes to get to the next major highway on my commute. Yesterday, they looked like this. I’m one of the unlucky schlubs still heading to the office every day (despite the fact that I could very easily do my work from home). Traffic is a tiny fraction of what it normally is...
    Name:  28DAAEB5-9BAC-41AA-98C6-C9608A94061A.jpg
Views: 373
Size:  21.3 KB

I'm working from home as a contractor to a local tech giant. Microsoft Teams is holding up pretty well, but sometimes we have to call in on our phones for the smoothest audio. A bit more difficult than normal, but only a bit.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    This is what you get when you have theocractic morons in charge of your state.
    Bad news for Persians.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/hard-line...075259798.html

In announcing the new warning, the Iranian state TV journalist, Dr. Afruz Eslami, cited a study by Tehran's prestigious Sharif University of Technology, which offered three scenarios: If people cooperate fully now, Iran will see 120,000 infections and 12,000 deaths before the outbreak is over; if they offer medium cooperation, there will be 300,000 cases and 110,000 deaths.

But if people fail to follow any guidance, it could collapse Iran's already-strained medical system, Eslami said. If the “medical facilities are not sufficient, there will be 4 million cases, and 3.5 million people will die,” she said.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

User Tag List