Page 221 of 725 FirstFirst ... 121171211219220221222223231271321721 ... LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,210 of 7244

Thread: Coronavirus thread

Quote Originally Posted by Torsius View Post
    So I’m sick, the wife is sick, the kids are sick (all mild symptoms so far). The wife was recently at a conference with S. Koreans from an affected area. One family member has chronic asthma. I called the line to the health organization doing drive through testing. I was on hold for 2 hours and 45 minutes only to be told we don’t meet the CDC criteria for testing.
    Yeah, we're in a similar situation (but with less risk than you). IMHO the US is wildly, wildly underreporting.

Quote Originally Posted by Torsius View Post
    So I’m sick, the wife is sick, the kids are sick (all mild symptoms so far). The wife was recently at a conference with S. Koreans from an affected area. One family member has chronic asthma. I called the line to the health organization doing drive through testing. I was on hold for 2 hours and 45 minutes only to be told we don’t meet the CDC criteria for testing.
    Best wishes for your family.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Site Supporter
    I went out for groceries at what I hoped would be an off hour this mid-morning, after putting off any shopping over the weekend. I broke out an N95 mask. I've seen zero masks here so far, I was worried a bit that someone would think I was sick and cause a ruckus. Kroger was slightly more crowded than for a normal Saturday. I guess lots of folks had the same idea and were home from work. Managed to score some fresh eggs. We don't normally buy brown organic eggs, but, any port in a storm.

I am aware that CDC says masks in public are not necessary, but honestly, if the Chinese are ordered not to be in public without one.... I know, it's about them keeping it in rather than avoiding picking it up... Copy.

Anyways, mask, ballcap, regular glasses (gave up the contacts for a while). Constantly aware of distancing. Lots of looks, but no comments. I did it as much for breaking the paradigm. Part, "Better get used to this people!" and part "It's ok to take it seriously, even though your neighbors aren't". Folks around here are not taking this seriously enough. My neighbor invited us out for drinks yesterday after they went to the movies. Breathtaking.

I managed to buckle my seatbelt and start my car before applying hand sanitizer. The mask experience was definitely a distraction and I lost focus. Will be cleaning the car tonight. Does leather prefer Clorox CleanUp or 70% Isopropyl alcohol neat?

I'm tired of this and it's not even the second inning.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post

Either that, or we really do have the worst IT people in the world. "Bringing you yesterday's technology, tomorrow".
    So, as a result of my profession (music), not theirs, I once found myself in the living room of the individual most directly responsible for computer security for us, on my side of the US and the pac-rim. Among the things I got out of the conversation is that we know more about origins than one might think. My sense—from asking directly—is that a lot of countries get a lot of passes on this stuff.

That noted—and I’m totally veering away from any dinner conversation and into pure conjecture—with our current admin, it’s possible that tolerance for this sort of thing is down.

Or not, depending on how much tipping of the hand folks want to do. JMO.

Again this was a unique, one-time chat. I like to think that somewhere, there are some broken bodies that nobody will ever find, but that’s all in my head.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Site Supporter
    How will they have the national political conventions if this goes on? Crowds of true believers? OMG!

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post

Will be cleaning the car tonight. Does leather prefer Clorox CleanUp or 70% Isopropyl alcohol neat?

I am not worth listening to, but I don't yet think this is necessary. Leaving it out in the Texas sun for day is probably more effective.

Site Supporter
    I have started a new regimen. After having gone out among other people, upon return I'm removing outer clothes in garage and then I enter the house. This morning I explored at my supermarket. The only item in abundance was dick rubbers. Not finding any double XL king size ones, I moved on.

Quote Originally Posted by willie View Post
    I have started a new regimen. After having gone out among other people, upon return I'm removing outer clothes in garage and then I enter the house. This morning I explored at my supermarket. The only item in abundance was dick rubbers. Not finding any double XL king size ones, I moved on.
    The one thing most hoarders should be stocking up on is being left alone. In 9 months we are going to have a wave of children born to imbeciles.

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/cybe...PQ181ZRO2BL3fM

Cyberattack on HHS meant to slow coronavirus response, sources say
    The attack happened Sunday night, sources said.
    I could go on at length if anyone cares, but my reaction to that is largely a shrug. Any sufficiently advanced adversary has long-since hacked HHS, so if that fluctuation in traffic was actually an "attack", it was just someone trying to stir up trouble because they had nothing better to do.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Italy's fatality rate continues to grow. 8% as of today.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

User Tag List