Page 213 of 725 FirstFirst ... 113163203211212213214215223263313713 ... LastLast
Results 2,121 to 2,130 of 7244

Thread: Coronavirus thread

Site Supporter
    Washington State just went to all restaurants and bars to take out only. Gatherings limited to 50 people instead of the 200.

REI and Apple Stores are closed until the 27th.

My federal employer is going to telework starting immediately, I would think for at least a month. I’ll know more tomorrow by conference call.

Shit is getting real.

Name:  B204A898-3737-4D20-8255-0BAB50359A39.jpg
Views: 512
Size:  37.7 KB

Here are links to the Tweet and to the scientific piece on which it was based.

https://twitter.com/donmoyn/status/1...715396609?s=21

https://osf.io/fd4rh/?view_only=c2f0...421fc2ea38e295

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    That's pretty much what I was about to post, but the actual doctor beat me to it.

Nobody should be making the phone ring in any ER right now, especially in Seattle.

If you are able to talk to him, get him to sleep with his head and chest propped up, not lying down.
    I sent the information by text and email. He is not answering his phone, a common habit I don't understand about younger people.

Thanks all for your concern and help.

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie Monster View Post
    Washington State just went to all restaurants and bars to take out only. Gatherings limited to 50 people instead of the 200.

REI and Apple Stores are closed until the 27th.

My federal employer is going to telework starting immediately, I would think for at least a month. I’ll know more tomorrow by conference call.

Shit is getting real.
    Far out.

https://tdn.com/news/state-and-regio...7f0745fe9.html
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by willie View Post
    I sent the information by text and email. He is not answering his phone, a common habit I don't understand about younger people.

Thanks all for your concern and help.
    Please keep us posted, Willie.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

Site Supporter
    There are still many people who stubbornly cling to the idea that this is all an attempt by the Democrats to embarrass the current president.

When those people get sick, I hope they do not infect anybody who is particularly vulnerable to the virus.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Die, Press-Ganey - die!
    My RN wife agrees!
    Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer.

The statement that really hit me was “You may know in two weeks if you have it today.”

That’s well outside the pattern of most “normal” illnesses. It’s not surprising that so many people are having a hard time figuring out the right thing to do.

No shit...I was there...

It began like any other day...until the TP ran low. Plans were made. The Meat Guy had passed on the info from the grocery clerk who'd heard it from the delivery man: "Psst - we are getting a shipment tonight; be here before 6:30AM tomorrow to get a spot in line for 7AM when the doors open. There'll be a limit." Then he gave a wink and returned to his duties.

Waking to the normal alarm time, Rich used his usual Barney mag to chamber a round of Federal 147 HST in his G19. He thought, as always, I might have to use this. A quick tug on his carry magazine, and he was ready to go. Over a couple cups of coffee, the mission was clarified; the threats were assessed, and the ground recce reviewed. The team was ready to mount up. After getting strapped in, the crew exchanged nods, confirming the usual duty assignments: Shootin' partner behind the wheel with her Sig P365, Rich in overwatch with his Glock and a spare mag.

The pre-dawn drive to the objective was quiet. Perhaps too quiet. A few Airmen on the way to MacDill, the odd Airport worker heading to Tampa International. Closer in, the team conducted a slow drive by to assess the situation, before heading to a strategically selected parking spot before going to the front of the store at the pre-designated time.

The team took up the #2 position, using a grocery cart to establish social distance from that chatty lady behind. Rich felt pretty good about the prospects, because there were at least 100 people who showed up to grab carts and line up down the block behind the team.

A few minutes before the "Go" some old lady strolled up and stood in front of the second entry door. After giving her the hairy eyeball for a minute, several people in the front of the line let her know in no uncertain terms, "HEY! The line is back there!" She remained where she was. Fuck her.

The manager came out and announced he would be opening shortly. The crowd rustled in preparation. At the time, the doors parted. (The door where the old lady stood never opened. Ain't Karma a bitch. lol.)

Sprinting rapidly by tactical leapfrog, they arrived in Aisle 11 to find bare shelves almost everywhere up and down the line - except for one.

The prize was at hand.

Rich snatched his allotted one package and retreated to the register, taking cover and concealment where possible on end caps and a stack of unused "March Madness" beer displays. Manuevering was tight past the steady stream of carts heading optimistically to Aisle 11.

Back at base, an AAR was conducted to evaluate what the team could have done better. But Mission Success was the main objective. No one was hurt, and everyone came back in one piece. Good for another week. Phew.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by peterb View Post
    The statement that really hit me was “You may know in two weeks if you have it today.”

That’s well outside the pattern of most “normal” illnesses. It’s not surprising that so many people are having a hard time figuring out the right thing to do.
    Right. But it's easy to understand that. And if you think it through, it tells you what the right things to do are. The problem is people bothering to understand, and then to think it through.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

User Tag List