Page 212 of 725 FirstFirst ... 112162202210211212213214222262312712 ... LastLast
Results 2,111 to 2,120 of 7244

Thread: Coronavirus thread

Quote Originally Posted by ccmdfd View Post
    Man you should buy them a drink!!

cc
    I might. I am going in tomorrow to see two new consults and help my associate with a tricky pericardiocentesis, that's it. Our clinic staff apparently worked the entire Sunday remotely, trying to reschedule and inform patients. They will get the first round of drinks.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Site Supporter
    My hospital has just enacted a no visitors policy.

Also I spent most of the day in an N95.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by deflave View Post
    Did he try his local ER?

What are they saying?
    He has taken no action other than go to bed. This is a new development. Tomorrow I want him to have this information in hand. His family is in Las Cruces and will move this summer. Being sick and alone in a big city is dangerous. He could have pneumonia since one lung has become congested. But having 100% of covid19 symptoms in Seattle is scary.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by willie View Post
    My nephew, age 54, in Seattle just emailed me that he has 100% of the symptoms. He is fairly new there and lives alone downtown. Do Seattle residents have a suggestion about a quick route for getting tested? He does not yet have a doctor?
    Have him call state hotline. I would not go to ER unless he was having difficulty breathing. State will be able to triage him appropriately by phone and get him faster access to testing than going to local ED.

Quote Originally Posted by deflave View Post
    Did he try his local ER?

What are they saying?
    Quote Originally Posted by willie View Post
    Just what I needed. I sent this to him. He is a capable person, but I fear that high fever might might affect his judgment such that he would delay making appropriate decisions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    Have him call state hotline. I would not go to ER unless he was having difficulty breathing. State will be able to triage him appropriately by phone and get him faster access to testing than going to local ED.
    That's pretty much what I was about to post, but the actual doctor beat me to it.

Nobody should be making the phone ring in any ER right now, especially in Seattle.

If you are able to talk to him, get him to sleep with his head and chest propped up, not lying down.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Wow, I knew it was bad....I didn't realize it was that bad.

We are a society that is overly focused on performance metrics and austerity measures.
    Die, Press-Ganey - die!
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Site Supporter
    Had to drive to Savannah GA and back this weekend to pick up dogs being watched by our daughter. Across the GA interstates are electronic billboards that normally say "don't text", "don't DUI", "wear seatbelt", and sometimes "accident ahead, traffic backed up". Today, all the electronic boards stated "Coronavirus, stay home, wash hands" from Savannah to Atlanta.

Site Supporter
    Looks like we will have a pretty strict shutdown tomorrow. Educational activities are suspended and all student deadlines (thesis, dissertation, etc) extended. Students have been sent home. All but two public entrances are locked up tight. I always enter through a secure door anyway, so I should be able to avoid the masses. I'm not sure what else the clinical side is doing to lower patient volume before the tsunami, but my impression is that we are being very proactive in all respects. The administration was in meetings all day. I have no idea how many other faculty I interacted with via e-mail. It's going to be a crazy week. I've never been this engaged in anything before.

I flew home today Manchester, NH > Chicago Midway.

The 737-800 had a whopping 80 pax (this is normally a heavy schedule.) I was wearing an N95, one of the common 3M type that have never fit me properly; I’m used to the “duckbill” style but beggars can’t be choosers.

Only two others on my flight were masked, both apparently Asian businessmen. And walking through Midway, I did not see one single other mask.

I’m glad to be home, but I fear for my partner and her boys.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Major chains in CT are cutting back their open hours to allow staff to restock and clean, with the local grocery closing 4 hours early (8PM). I was there late Friday in an attempt to avoid the larger daytime crowds, which is a normal shopping time for me. It was busier than usual, with some empty shelves, but very calm. I don’t like the idea of being herded into a narrower, more populated time slot for shopping, but it probably won’t really increase crowd density/exposure that much.

User Tag List