Page 140 of 725 FirstFirst ... 4090130138139140141142150190240640 ... LastLast
Results 1,391 to 1,400 of 7244

Thread: Coronavirus thread

Another data point: the U Pres and BOT just converted the state U here to online-only until further notice. I’m GTG for next quarter, but I’m sure chaos will ensue, as we are primarily a throwback to the land-grant dormitory 4-year schools of yore.

On the other hand, I just lost an hour 10 on my commute and gained the ability to teach in my underwear with an LCR in a clip-on in my meundies, so what taketh, giveth.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    FWIW here is some more info on the bug. Source can't be vetted so what you see is what you get.
    Consistent with other things posted previously, isn't it. I've told my colleagues at a work meeting on Monday to be very cognizant of all consults on patients with newly diagnosed severe LV dysfunction, although it seems that the SARS would have already been present by then.

The more I read all this, the more I am getting fucking pissed. Without even finding cause-effect relationship, whys and whats, we're seeing lowest mortality rates in a country with highest levels of per capita testing. Ours [levels of testing] for all purposes are non-existent.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Bad news - Looks like they just canceled an NBA game a minute before tip-off. Several players on Utah Jazz are ill and a team doctor ran out and shut the game down.

Here we go.

ETA: I read the FB posts that Neph linked - I can't understand all of it - but I got a few things from it -

1) there is a bit of a predictable path the disease follows - that's good, it means if we can identify where along the path individuals are, maybe we can do something about it.

2) No steroids.

3) Remdesivir seems to work well. Glad to see that everyone is working together on this to try to get this antiviral out there beyond just trials. It will be a real coup if we can move through some of the red-tape a little faster.

____

When do we say "FUCK IT!" and start doing our own testing without concern for CDC? Seems like that day is coming sooner than later.
    Last edited by RevolverRob; 03-11-2020 at 07:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    FWIW here is some more info on the bug. Source can't be vetted so what you see is what you get.
    You da man. Even tho I didn't understand 99.9% of it, it's all appreciated. Sounds like we're under siege and hospitals have become triage units.

Steadfastly defending my ground. Get away from the my perimeter and have a nice day.
    Last edited by Borderland; 03-11-2020 at 08:06 PM.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    Trump just suspended all travel from Europe to the US. Excludes the UK. Effective for 30 days.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

I just found out that someone that works for my wife just had a friend come back from Italy and they have been hanging out since they returned.

I don't know what part of Italy and I hope it was more than 2 weeks ago but I don't know for sure. My wife is now considering not going to visit her 77 yr old mother this weekend, just in case she may have been exposed. I agree.

Of course there are 3 people that work with me that went on a cruise on Monday, someone else is going to Georgia this weekend and next week another guy is going on a driving trip across Texas to Arizona and back.

I just don't understand why people aren't taking this stuff more seriously. I personally am not/would not be traveling anywhere and am avoiding large gatherings of people (other than work) until we have a better understanding of what the risks are.

I am also hoarding toilet paper but I always "hoard" toilet paper so that isn't really anything new. I hate shopping so when I go buy buggy full of TP at the dollar store 2 or 3 times a year.

Quote Originally Posted by Chance View Post
    Trump just suspended all travel from Europe to the US. Excludes the UK. Effective for 30 days.
    Name:  1A0AD22E-DF8A-4AD8-B080-A012D3546034.jpeg
Views: 458
Size:  25.9 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Chance View Post
    And to Europe from the US.

___

The next step is to no longer allow U.S. Citizens to return into the U.S. for the next 30-45 days - and it will be coming.

For those that decided to head out on cruises or fly around the world - tough shit.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    Consistent with other things posted previously, isn't it. I've told my colleagues at a work meeting on Monday to be very cognizant of all consults on patients with newly diagnosed severe LV dysfunction, although it seems that the SARS would have already been present by then.

The more I read all this, the more I am getting fucking pissed. Without even finding cause-effect relationship, whys and whats, we're seeing lowest mortality rates in a country with highest levels of per capita testing. Ours [levels of testing] for all purposes are non-existent.
    Very consistent. and I am also very pissed. We should have been on the full court press weeks ago.

User Tag List