Page 366 of 725 FirstFirst ... 266316356364365366367368376416466 ... LastLast
Results 3,651 to 3,660 of 7244

Thread: Coronavirus thread

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TQP View Post
    Hate to break this to you but...

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/healthcare-facilities/hcp-return-work.html

The guidelines don't even call for temperature checks, the facility/system added those.
    Those guidelines list two strategies, testing and not testing.

If an employee is tested they are to be off work until there is no fever, an improvement in symptoms, and there are negative results for two swabs taken 24 hours apart.

If an employee is not tested they can return after there is no fever, and improvement in symptoms, and it's been seven days since the onset of symptoms.

The hospital's guidelines for a positive with no symptoms is to keep working, and with symptoms to return after the fever is reduced and the symptoms improve. They are leaving out the negative test results the CDC recommends.

The hospital's guidelines for employees that aren't tested are to return once the fever is reduced. That's it. No improvement of symptoms and seven says since onset of symptoms as recommended by the CDC.

Site Supporter
    You're correct. That's what I get for rushing through that.

That said, at least around here, it's never going to come up because you can't get an asymptomatic person tested. Unless they're getting admitted, or there's a documented HCW exposure ( unprotected), you can't get a Symptomatic person tested.

Meanwhile, I'm still waiting for results on a symptomatic employee. It's been 6 days.
    'Nobody ever called the fire department because they did something intelligent'

Site Supporter
    Same here. Very few are being tested. And the state says their lab has zero pending so it's not like it's because they're backed up. They simply don't want to test.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Damn.

Don't test, don't tell for reals.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Through yesterday, my county had 45 confirmed cases. Today, a small local nursing home announced six infected patients and one infected worker. So as of today (facepalm), they started restricting visitation.

Site Supporter
    Damn, we’re at Italy/Spain levels of daily deaths today with 748.

Based on the number of daily new cases last week I’m predicting that we’ll be at over 1,000 a day by the end of the week easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post

Based on the number of daily new cases last week I’m predicting that we'll be at over 1,000 a day by the end of the week easy.
    The last figure I saw before the numbers flipped was 894 deaths today. Sadly, it looks like we could be over 1,000 a day by tomorrow.

Stats from... https://coronavirus.1point3acres.com/en

Name:  Screen Shot 2020-04-01 at 12.08.31 AM.jpg
Views: 488
Size:  25.1 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post

Based on the number of daily new cases last week I’m predicting that we’ll be at over 1,000 a day by the end of the week easy.

It is expected. We've a 5-6 times larger population. If we have three - four hotspots and NYC, ATL, and NOLA get 500-600 dead, we can get to 2000/day fairly easily. That would still be half the rate of Italy or Spain per capita.
    Question is if we ever get to 4000/day.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Quote Originally Posted by StraitR View Post
    The last figure I saw before the numbers flipped was 894 deaths today. Sadly, it looks like we could be over 1,000 a day by tomorrow.

Stats from... https://coronavirus.1point3acres.com/en

Name:  Screen Shot 2020-04-01 at 12.08.31 AM.jpg
Views: 488
Size:  25.1 KB
    While that's a horrific number. Remember that 7600 Americans die every day of all kinds of causes. How many of those 1000 people were going to die anyway? I'm not typically a callous person, but at some point we need the stats of how many of these patients were compromised in some other way before we dive into a world of hysteria.

User Tag List