Page 696 of 725 FirstFirst ... 196596646686694695696697698706 ... LastLast
Results 6,951 to 6,960 of 7244

Thread: Coronavirus thread

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    Vaccine seems to be effective against the mutations, but less so against South African variant:

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2021/...it-for-variant

Side note, SIL is back in the hospital. COVID didn't kill her but it didn't help her. She's been in and out of the hospital three times now, returning today. As a transplant recipient, and due to other co-morbidities, she's having some long lasting effects. I suppose from the hypoxia straining her body, but I don't know. Reduced liver and kidney function, now pancreatic issues. She's not hospice level sick yet but they can't figure out a way to get her organs back to better function without inducing strains on her body it won't handle.
    That's a load. Hoping she makes a recovery. I wish her well.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by CleverNickname View Post
    Gosh, I wonder where they came up with the three to five inch recommendation.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    Gosh, I wonder where they came up with the three to five inch recommendation.
    It’s 3-5 Centimeters, if it was in inches they’d be emasculating the ccp.
    im strong, i can run faster than train

Site Supporter
    Last Friday I started having severe headaches which in turn caused sleeplessness, which ended Monday. Since they're both on the list of indicators of Covid, I made an appointment with my GP for a Covid test. Just got back from the appointment - I'm negative.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    Last Friday I started having severe headaches which in turn caused sleeplessness, which ended Monday. Since they're both on the list of indicators of Covid, I made an appointment with my GP for a Covid test. Just got back from the appointment - I'm negative.
    Was it an antibody test?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    Was it an antibody test?
    Nope, it was one of those lower-brain scrape swabs.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    Nope, it was one of those lower-brain scrape swabs.
    If you’re curious lab corps and other venues are doing antibody tests for like 10 bucks.

I had similar symptoms as you for a couple of days and sprung for the antibody test a few weeks later. I was negative too.

My very healthy 65 year/old uncle got covid last summer and it was not a huge deal: he felt a bit crummy for a week (but kept working from home) and took another 3 weeks to get back to his pre-illness running pace. He contracted covid again about a month ago and this time it seems to be getting worse as time goes on - he's increasingly becoming fatigued and experiencing brain fog. He attends a mega church that generally turns down medical treatment, but it's serious enough that he's actually considering seeing a doctor now.

No idea if this is one of the new strains, but an (older) prior infection doesn't seem to confer generalized long-term immunity in this sample size of 1...

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 0ddl0t View Post
    My very healthy 65 year/old uncle got covid last summer and it was not a huge deal: he felt a bit crummy for a week (but kept working from home) and took another 3 weeks to get back to his pre-illness running pace. He contracted covid again about a month ago and this time it seems to be getting worse as time goes on - he's increasingly becoming fatigued and experiencing brain fog. He attends a mega church that generally turns down medical treatment, but it's serious enough that he's actually considering seeing a doctor now.

No idea if this is one of the new strains, but an (older) prior infection doesn't seem to confer generalized long-term immunity in this sample size of 1...
    Damn. Sorry to hear that.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 0ddl0t View Post

Interesting case. I am a serious person of faith, and I take God seriously when He told us to conquer nature. This includes using proper medical treatments to conquer it. Hope he gets better soon!

My brother and sister in law had it, and likely my niece. They (brother and sis in law) were given Ivermectin, and they seem to be doing fine now. Whether it was just the natural progression for their bodies, or if the Ivermectin helped, I do not know.

User Tag List