Page 369 of 725 FirstFirst ... 269319359367368369370371379419469 ... LastLast
Results 3,681 to 3,690 of 7244

Thread: Coronavirus thread

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    These days, most people who are running your hospitals and clinics have MBAs, not MDs.
    Yep. When our current CEO started his job, the executive committee had several seasoned MD's on board.

All of them were let go and replaced with MBA's. Every single one.

And of course the CEO just put out an interview on our internet system praising how we will thrive in this current mess (thrive, not survive) due to our "four core standards "

cc

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by misanthropist View Post
    Well...all of them.

Seriously though I think your point is quite valid. This is a crisis in many ways but I think people are bad at handling the numbers and they forget that people die in the tens of thousands every single day.
    They do. I see them every single day. This is different.

We have all the same cases in our usual numbers (except for a abnormal drop in the number of MVC fatalities), but on top of that we have in addition a surprising number of COVID deaths. There is very little "instead of", it is almost entirely "in addition to". We're keeping right on pace with the current statistical modeling. If we hold steady, we will do about a years worth of work in 2 months. I'm not looking forward to that.

Stay safe and healthy.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by ranger View Post
    That is true in all industries now - airlines, heavy manufacturing, etc. Accounting-Finance runs the "C suites".
    When I was a senior in engineering school, a high-profile entrepreneur gave a talk about his recent failed venture (started after he "retired"). He was one of the great engineers, literally a man who changed the world and is significantly, individually responsible for how we live today.

The next day in my econ class, the prof, who had obviously attended the lecture, told us his takeaway from the story:

"The people who control the money kick the asses of the technical people 100 percent of the time."

In a few decades since then, I have observed no exceptions.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

" La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

Does anyone have a handle on the infection and recovery rates for medical professionals working directly in the COVID hotspots? I'm wondering if those poor folks - who are essentially working in an incubator for the virus and are probably getting exposed to frequent heavy doses of it - are ending up with higher rates of hospitalization and complications than the general public has experienced.

Quote Originally Posted by David S. View Post
    What's the coincidence this would happen on April fools?
    We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

Quote Originally Posted by misanthropist View Post
    Still though...that's the last thing I'd want to do.
    Don't worry it will be the last thing you do.
    We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

" La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

@ccmdfd, @Nephrology, @YVK, @Sensei, @Josh Runkle, any other HCPs.....

If you're being threatened for complaints over PPE, please contact OSHA and make a complaint. They're treated as anonymous and you are protected by the Whistleblower Act.

Hospital administrators are fucking scumbags. Don't let them dictate your job to you. Tell the people who can actually do something about it, even if it takes time for the process to work (the hospital has 5 days to respond to allegations, etc.).

My wife is currently fielding several of these, and she's just one inspector covering one region. You're not alone.

The Joint Commission also just published a peepee slap paper for employers preventing HCPs from bringing in their own personal supply of PPE, so there's that as well if you are still trying to handle stuff internally.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    Are we going to see a massive reinfection in South Korea?
    If 1918 is a guide, it depends on how they respond to the backside of this. Interesting reading here. Culturally, I think they're in a better place to remain vigilant than most.

User Tag List