Page 688 of 725 FirstFirst ... 188588638678686687688689690698 ... LastLast
Results 6,871 to 6,880 of 7244

Thread: Coronavirus thread

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    You and the other medical types posting in this thread have helped keep me sane these past 10 months. A big THANKS to you all...

Hopefully the beginning of the end of the worry for you. Looking forward to getting mine when my number comes up.
    Hah, happy to help however I was able. Still feeling like a bit of an armchair QB in the tail end of my PhD, but just got my clinic schedule for MS3 all squared away so I will be a real boy sooner than later I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    Got my first dose of the vaccine this AM (Pfizer). happy to get that taken care of. Next dose scheduled for Feb 4.
    Get some Tylenol ready before the second dose.

First dose not too bad, but definitely more local soreness than a regular flu shot.

Second dose much stronger of a local reaction for me. Several people in our office not only had that but developed significant systemic side effects like fevers, sweats, chills, upset stomach, and rigors.

Quote Originally Posted by ccmdfd View Post

First dose not too bad, but definitely more local soreness than a regular flu shot.

Second dose much stronger of a local reaction for me. Several people in our office not only had that but developed significant systemic side effects like fevers, sweats, chills, upset stomach, and rigors.
    So far about 6 hours out I feel about the same/ maybe a touch less soreness than annual flu vax. Maybe a touch of subjective fever too.

Next dose is in 3 weeks on the nose - can't come soon enough...

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Got my first dose of the vaccine this AM (Pfizer). happy to get that taken care of. Next dose scheduled for Feb 4.
    My mom got her first one on the 8th.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    My mom got her first one on the 8th.
    Really glad to hear that.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

I found out we are both eligible on the 26th, we’ll see if I can actually get jabbed this trip.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by ccmdfd View Post

I have a cousin that’s a nurse at Vanderbilt that got pretty sick after her second shot (throwing up, fever, body aches), but it only lasted a day. My wife had a low-grade fever for a few hours after her second shot, but nothing terrible. I should be getting my second dose on Tuesday or Wednesday next week.

Oh man. I spoke too soon about the vax side effects. Had killer myalgia/arthralgia that kept me up last night. Injection sight is incredibly sore too. Feels like Mike Tyson gave me a dead arm.

on the plus side, I guess that means its working?
    Last edited by Nephrology; 01-15-2021 at 10:30 AM.

Just got my second dose yesterday. Other than a mildly sore arm I have no issues. I'm 67 in a couple of days so I was glad to have this available.
    Several of my friends and coworkers that received dose number 2 last week reported mild flu-like sx lasting less than 24 hrs. We received the Pfizer as well.
    I took Tylenol and Pepcid before the injection, JIC.

Thoughts and Prayers for all that have been struggling with this. I lost my mother to COVID last September and my sister, also an RN, was hospitalized in ICU/SD, but went home on o2 after a week.
    She's back working now.

A lot of people are touched by this. Thanks for the great info and contributions in this thread.
    Last edited by Jamie; 01-15-2021 at 07:48 AM.

Site Supporter
    Oh man. I spoke too soon about the vax side effects. Had killer *myalgia/arthralgia* that kept me up last night. Injection sight is incredibly sore too. Feels like Mike Tyson gave me a dead arm too.

on the plus side, I guess that means its working?
    English! Do you speak it m'fer? [/Samuel L. Jackson]

I had to google those terms.

Chris

User Tag List