Page 396 of 725 FirstFirst ... 296346386394395396397398406446496 ... LastLast
Results 3,951 to 3,960 of 7244

Thread: Coronavirus thread

If I could have my druthers, I'd have @misanthropist doing daily CBC briefings on Corona virus and other practical matters of import.

"Are you not entertained?"
    There's nothing civil about this war.

No mask = unprotected sex

Mask = sex with unseen holes in the condom
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    No mask = unprotected sex

Mask = sex with unseen holes in the condom
    Hell, I couldn't get laid with two masks, a dick rubber, and a handful of those little pills!

Quote Originally Posted by misanthropist View Post
    I would have to say it must. Think of it this way: if you have a shirt over your face, and you cough unexpectedly...is that not automatically better than coughing unexpectedly without a t-shirt? There is at least some physical barrier which minimizes droplet spray.

The completely inept use of poor quality masks...is still going to be some improvement over nothing. In fact, I suspect that in the long run, the early dismissal (if not outright discouragement) of widespread mask use is going to be seen as one of the great contributing factors to the Wuhan Flu Apocalypse.
    Knowing they were used extensively and early in the 1918 flu (can't say Spanish so the NPR types will stay calm) I think the only reason was to ensure medical people had enough.

Steady stream of golfers today as there was yesterday. Pretty sure that's not 6 feet.

Attachment 51325
    We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Navin Johnson View Post
    Knowing they were used extensively and early in the 1918 flu (can't say Spanish so the NPR types will stay calm) I think the only reason was to ensure medical people had enough.
    I'm inclined to agree.

A current article, with today’s current thinking:

https://nucleuswealth.com/articles/u...ortality-rate/

Updated COVID-19 statistics and analysis

Meanwhile, in Sweden:
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Site Supporter Maple Syrup Actual's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    If I could have my druthers, I'd have @misanthropist doing daily CBC briefings on Corona virus and other practical matters of import.

"Are you not entertained?"
    Sadly I would be considered unemployable by the CBC - they have policies which preclude hiring my particular demographic. But this would be one of the few jobs I feel I could really deliver on, although I have a hard time imagining the CBC brass agreeing with my viewpoint.

On the other hand, CBC television ratings are now so low, there's an argument that I couldn't make things much worse.

Site Supporter Maple Syrup Actual's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    A current article, with today’s current thinking:

https://nucleuswealth.com/articles/u...ortality-rate/

Updated COVID-19 statistics and analysis

Meanwhile, in Sweden:
    I am SUPER fascinated to see how things go in Sweden.

Quote Originally Posted by misanthropist View Post
    I am SUPER fascinated to see how things go in Sweden.
    My opinion is that they simply had many fewer initial cases due to geographical location.

In December/January/February, nobody is going to winter destinations like Sweden. People go to temperate locations like Italy, Spain, and the US. There is a massive tourist air-route with direct flights to these three countries. Tens of thousands per day. Way more infected people from China seeding those three countries than northern Europe.

Second, from a cultural standpoint northern Europeans are good at listening to orders and social distancing is a fairly natural thing for them to do during normal times.

Third, too many people in the US think viruses are fake, medicine is a big hoax, etc. and don't give a shit about a pandemic.

User Tag List