Page 220 of 725 FirstFirst ... 120170210218219220221222230270320720 ... LastLast
Results 2,191 to 2,200 of 7244

Thread: Coronavirus thread

Also seeing studies that suggest centralized quarantine for mild or asymptomatic cases was key in cutting down rate of infection especially among families quarantined together. Wonder if feasible here, though with fewer multigen situations here the impact would probably be less.

CDC just announced requests of gatherings of no more than 10 people, no bars or restaurant patronage.

Quote Originally Posted by Zincwarrior View Post
    CDC just announced requests of gatherings of no more than 10 people, no bars or restaurant patronage.
    Holy shit...

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Can you cite this? I'm not finding that.

-Cory

EDIT: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...-covid-19.html

This recommends less than 10 "At a minimal-to-moderate level of community transmission" ... "for organizations that serve higher-risk populations"

10? The CDC website and their Twitter list a 50-person recommendation, but not 10.

Quote Originally Posted by CleverNickname View Post
    10? The CDC website and their Twitter list a 50-person recommendation, but not 10.
    10 was just sugrsted moments ago in the current ongoing Presidential news conference.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by CleverNickname View Post
    Press conference right now.

Quote Originally Posted by scw2 View Post
    With shelter in place for Bay Area just announced and many orders/voluntary restaurant closures we’ve taken another step forward on the 13 step plan from Seattle that was shared a few days ago. Last step in that 13 step plan is full lockdown.

Looks like window is closing for where we want to be located and with whom to ride out the virus.
    More detail on the Bay Area shutdown: https://www.sfchronicle.com/local-po...y-15135014.php .
    "Six Bay Area counties announced a “shelter in place” order for all residents on Monday — the strictest measure of its kind in the country — directing everyone to stay inside their homes and away from others as much as possible for the next three weeks as public health officials desperately try to curb the rapid spread of coronavirus across the region.

The directive begins at 12:01 a.m. Tuesday and involves San Francisco, Santa Clara, San Mateo, Marin, Contra Costa and Alameda counties — a combined population of more than 6.7 million. It is to stay in place until at least April 7. Three other Bay Area counties — Sonoma, Solano and Napa — were not immediately included.

So I’m sick, the wife is sick, the kids are sick (all mild symptoms so far). The wife was recently at a conference with S. Koreans from an affected area. One family member has chronic asthma. I called the line to the health organization doing drive through testing. I was on hold for 2 hours and 45 minutes only to be told we don’t meet the CDC criteria for testing.

My company just announced mandatory work from home starting tomorrow through the 27th.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

User Tag List