Page 351 of 725 FirstFirst ... 251301341349350351352353361401451 ... LastLast
Results 3,501 to 3,510 of 7244

Thread: Coronavirus thread

Site Supporter
    That makes no sense. I would have never thought that people could be that stupid, but on the other hand, I should not be surprised. Where is security?

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan1980 View Post
    My daughter is a flight nurse at our university hospital. She said medical workers there are getting threats while walking to and from their parking areas and lots of them are afraid it's going to get sporty for real. Supposedly fear that they are spreading this crap. I sent her a some Sabre Red in a couple of different carry configurations and told her her walk in groups. Pisses me the hell off that they're a NPE in times like these, but it's a job that's best not lost since she worked for 12 years to get it. Anyone else dealing with this crap?
    State DPH. Apart from the random people come in off the street for in person testing (we only test samples FROM hospitals), we had a guy tell our security: he was a Dr. On a tour, he had an LTC (presumably armed), he should be allowed in the DPH building. Fled the scene once security started asking questions and State Police were enroute. Very suspect. Agree healthcare workers are going to have a target on our backs if this gets much worse.
    Optometrist friend has cleared inventory from his store in case of looting.

Formula One

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-52087002#

"Early reports from Lombardy in Italy suggest about 50% of patients given CPAP have avoided the need for invasive mechanical ventilation."
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    My daughter is a flight nurse at our university hospital. She said medical workers there are getting threats while walking to and from their parking areas and lots of them are afraid it's going to get sporty for real. Supposedly fear that they are spreading this crap. I sent her a some Sabre Red in a couple of different carry configurations and told her her walk in groups. Pisses me the hell off that they're a NPE in times like these, but it's a job that's best not lost since she worked for 12 years to get it. Anyone else dealing with this crap?
    IIRC, there was a story in the paper here that medical pros who wore their scrubs into a store were being seriously social-distanced by other people.

I can't blame people for that. But yelling at folks who are trying to save our lives at a real risk to their own is just nuts.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

I'm wondering how long it will be until the first John Q scenario presents itself...

This doesn’t help things......a Doctor came back from Florida spring break and didn’t self quarantine and decided it was a good idea to go business as usual and see patients all week in a hospital before finally getting tested.....he is positive for COVID-19.

Same shit happened to the Asian communities when we were calling it the Chinese virus.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

That's insane. And Trump blaming hospitals for mask and ventilator shortages (and hinting someone is selling them out the back door) is exactly the kind of bullshit that would speak to people like this.

There appears to be no bottom to the depths of human ignorance and resultant bad choices.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    Is there anyone left there? My folks winter in Surprise, AZ. They said the Canadians headed out as soon as the word got out. My folks left mid March and will finish their quarantine on April 2nd. They currently have zero signs of anything. They basically said that their retirement community was a ghost town by March 18th.
    We used to winter down there. We had a trailer and did some boondocking the first few years. AZ has some good boondocking. Then we started using state parks a lot. NM has some nice state parks. Hard to boondock when you can a get nice space for cheap. We always came home in March. That's when the weather starts to change here in the northern climes. When I lived in Mesa it seemed like half of the population disappeared around March.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

User Tag List