Page 706 of 725 FirstFirst ... 206606656696704705706707708716 ... LastLast
Results 7,051 to 7,060 of 7244

Thread: Coronavirus thread

@45dotACP

I can't like your last post solely based on that woman's outcome. Even though I don't know her (or you) I say THANK YOU for the care you and your team gave her.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    If I ever decide to jump out of medicine maybe I can leverage my PhD into a job where I'll get paid well to make Americans even fatter. I think I'm up for the challenge.
    Yes, please do. I’ve had 3 ECMO consults today for COVID - all in their 30s and more than 350 lbs...
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

I've been a sounding board for my kid sister the ICU doc through this.

A couple of weeks ago, she had her first quiet night in a long time because all her COVID patients had died.

When this is over, she's gonna fly out, stare across the river valley, and drink the never-ending pitcher of mojitos I'll provide for a little while.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

There is an asshole at work. He never admits when he doesn't know something, lies, is arrogant, always tries to take charge but doesn't know what he is doing, lazy. I once said "Good morning, it's nice out today" and received a 4 minute tirade about how Covid made people drive less, and now mother earth could breath because of changes to the ozone and you can feel the difference. Because I said it's nice out. In my dept there are 13 workers. No less than 9 have theeatened to quit there 10+ year job if they have to work with him again. These are folks in a drop pension plan who would lose a lot of retirement money. They mean it. He only got his job because hes shacking up with a big wig in another department. I pride myself on being able to work with anyone, you just focus on the job and get along to get it done. I truly struggle with this person. He's around 55 so his odds of changing are pretty low.

He has abused every type of covid leave our employer has offered. 2 weeks when not needed, burned every moment he can. So when his girlfriend was sent home from work, and he was as well we knew it was some covid nonsense. Through the grapevine it was discovered she was positive (circumstance and policy made this known, rumormill more or less confirmed) and he had to be out on workers comp because they live together.

Of course, being his 3rd time out for weeks we all chaulked it up to him being a shitty person. Which he is. He's been out for 2ish weeks this time.

Yesterday the boss called each of us individually. The girlfriend called the boss in tears. He tested negative when he went out on workers comp, but had to be out because of the girlfriend. He was set to return on Monday. Saturday he said something was wrong and went to the hospital. Yesterday he took a turn and was put on a vent. She just wanted us all to know. His mom is coming in from out of state. Doesn't look good.

I won't be broken up if he passes, the guy is a dick. But I do not wish dying without your family in a hospital because you can't breath right on anyone. Anyone. I hope he pulls through, and I'm praying for the dickhead.
    Last edited by Cory; 04-02-2021 at 09:13 AM.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    Yes, please do. I’ve had 3 ECMO consults today for COVID - all in their 30s and more than 350 lbs...
    Just copy your notes from CT and/or palliative.

Quote Originally Posted by Cory View Post
    There is an asshole at work. He never admits when he doesn't know something, lies, is arrogant, always tries to take charge but doesn't know what he is doing, lazy. I once said "Good morning, it's nice out today" and received a 4 minute tirade about how Covid made people drive less, and now mother earth could breath because of changes to the ozone and you can feel the difference. Because I said it's nice out..
    He needs a vacation and/or new job. that has nothing to do with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    He needs a vacation and/or new job. that has nothing to do with you.
    Yeah. You're probably right.

Hope the fucker makes it though.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Yeah. You're probably right.

Hope the fucker makes it though.
    You're a better man than I

. I hope he pulls through, and I'm praying for the dickhead.
    It rains on the just and the unjust. Don’t just pray that he makes it — pray that he has a conversion of heart, in time.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Site Supporter
    New CDC Estimates Suggest COVID-19 Is Deadlier Than the Agency Previously Thought

Emphasis mine.

The estimated IFR is 0.002 percent for people 17 or younger, 0.05 percent for 18-to-49-year-olds, and 0.6 percent for 50-to-64-year-olds. The CDC's prior estimates used somewhat different age groups, which makes direct comparisons tricky. But the estimated IFR for the oldest age group has risen dramatically, from 5.4 percent for 70+ to 9 percent for 65+.

The new estimates are also higher for the second-oldest group (0.6 percent for 50-to-64-year-olds now vs. 0.5 percent for 50-to-69-year-olds previously) and the second-youngest group (0.05 percent for 18-to-49-year-olds vs. 0.02 percent for 20-to-49-year-olds). The new estimate for the youngest age group is lower (0.002 percent for 17 or younger vs. 0.003 percent for 19 or younger), but that may reflect the lower cutoff.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Hammertime
    @45dotACP

Man that sucks. Thanks for fighting the good fight. Thanks for sharing.

User Tag List