Page 709 of 725 FirstFirst ... 209609659699707708709710711719 ... LastLast
Results 7,081 to 7,090 of 7244

Thread: Coronavirus thread

I once got noro from a team of a dozen people that came in from the USA for short term work. I had it bad at my house, but they had it worse, because it kicked in for them after they flew into a super remote location with only two bathrooms.

I've had enough unpleasant illnesses over the years. I will happily take the vaccine as soon as I can.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    There's nothing worse than bad gastroenteritis.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    There's nothing worse than bad gastroenteritis.
    Battling E Coli and Camphalobacter colitis right now.

Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    I read something the other day about “long haulers” reporting some relief in symptoms after receiving the vaccine. Don’t think there’s enough data out there about that to make a determination, though.

A couple of my buddies, both in the high-risk category, have both refused to get the vaccine. They were both diagnosed with COVID last week. One was in pretty rough shape, but an antibody treatment seems to have turned it around. I think they both wish they’d gone ahead and gotten the vaccine, but neither one will admit it.
    My MIL has this. Covid did not impact her severely initially, but she has the brain fog thing and it messed up her balance so she started falling and being weak. She has yet to really recover.

Quote Originally Posted by ccmdfd View Post
    Battling E Coli and Camphalobacter colitis right now.
    Yikes. Where'd you get that from?

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    Yikes. Where'd you get that from?
    Great question.

Either I ate some seriously poorly cooked food, or perhaps I caught it from our personal chickens. Although I do try and I feel like I do a good job of cleaning up after dealing with them.

Quote Originally Posted by ccmdfd View Post
    Great question.

Either I ate some seriously poorly cooked food, or perhaps I caught it from our personal chickens. Although I do try and I feel like I do a good job of cleaning up after dealing with them.
    If my preparation for Step 1 is any guide, your most likely diagnosis is Psittacosis. Unless you happen to be a young African American woman in which case I'll have to add sarcoidosis to the DDx too.

I was reading about the Salmonella outbreak in the song bird population.

https://www.woodtv.com/news/salmonel...birds-feeders/

That was an eye opener for me because I feed wild birds. I've noticed a lot of dead birds around my feeder in the last few months. I guess I need to take some extra precautions going forward. Maybe stop feeding with spring here.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by MVS View Post
    Which manufacturer?
    Moderna.

Quote Originally Posted by Zincwarrior View Post
    My MIL has this. Covid did not impact her severely initially, but she has the brain fog thing and it messed up her balance so she started falling and being weak. She has yet to really recover.
    My brother (32 YOA) had an asymptomatic case of COVID. He's been hospitalized now over three weeks with Guillain-Barre Syndrome, which they think may have been caused by the COVID infection. He cannot walk, can't use his hands, and his speech has been affected. He was otherwise healthy before this.

User Tag List