Page 373 of 725 FirstFirst ... 273323363371372373374375383423473 ... LastLast
Results 3,721 to 3,730 of 7244

Thread: Coronavirus thread

Quote Originally Posted by peterb View Post
    1 month. Not good

Quote Originally Posted by cor_man257 View Post
    This seems to be an "order" with little teeth. It clearly states that it isn't mandatory, and then lists nearly every business in the state as exempt. That might be a bit of an exaggeration... it doesn't list everything. However it does list a ton, and the ones that aren't exempted will just ignore it anyway. Hell, under the current exemptions listed the local offroad & motorcycle dealership could claim they're essential because they perform auto repair.

I honestly feel like this is just a politician who wants to claim he did something. It's not been long since the announcement, so we'll have to see how it's implemented. Right now it seems like this was a pointless edict from a politician that did nothing but confuse a ton of businesses about their ability to operate, and scare the hell out of people who are already scared.

-Cory
    Can’t argue with that Cory. Gov. Desantis is pretty lacking in his dealings with this crisis, imho.

Quote Originally Posted by NEPAKevin View Post
    I get that the extent to which you are supposed to do these things has increased but when I was a kid, my parents always yelled at me to wash my hands, cover my mouth, etc. i.e. act like a civilized human being. When did people stop washing their damn hands? Personally, I really like this social distancing thing and wouldn't mind if it sticks.
    "...you're gonna eat a peck o' dirt in yer life. Warsh yer damn hands and face so it ain't two.' -- Mama.
    You will more often be attacked for what others think you believe than what you actually believe. Expect misrepresentation, misunderstanding, and projection as the modern normal default setting. ~ Quintus Curtius

Quote Originally Posted by Paul D View Post
    I wear my own practice scrubs with my name, practice logo, etc. In Arizona, most interventionalists wear scrubs all day long. No coat/tie like east coast guys. When I get home, I strip off my shoes, socks, and scrubs and put it in the hamper in the garage. I have a box that I put my personal effects in (watch, badge, pens, keys) and lysol/wipe down before I go into the house with them. I shower and then I am allow to go freely around the house. This protocol was mandated by my wife.
    This covid-related or just SOP? Just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Tensaw View Post
    This covid-related or just SOP? Just curious.
    COVID only. No way in hell I'm doing this for the rest of my career. Funny though...I have a patient who works for some type of tech company and he has to work in a clean room. Space suit, mask, glasses, hoodie, shoe scrubber, etc. I don't worry about that guy's work environment.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdog View Post
    I suggest people try to find out more about German biologist & virologist Dr. Stefan Lanka's work. He claims viruses & bacteria cannot harm people and he explains how and why he knows this is
    What’s his opinion of the shape of the earth?

We’ve got a thread for posts like that https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....-Thread/page13

Site Supporter
    I wear my own practice scrubs with my name, practice logo, etc. In Arizona, most interventionalists wear scrubs all day long. No coat/tie like east coast guys. When I get home, I strip off my shoes, socks, and scrubs and put it in the hamper in the garage. I have a box that I put my personal effects in (watch, badge, pens, keys) and lysol/wipe down before I go into the house with them. I shower and then I am allow to go freely around the house. This protocol was mandated by my wife.
    This sounds remarkably like my return from the last few airline trips.
    I strip down in the garage. Shirt and pants go into a plastic bag (for later dry cleaning). Skivvies go straight into the washing machine (laundry room is the first room in the house after the garage). Then watch, Surefire pen, iPad, iPhone, and employee badge get wiped down with alcohol before entering the house. Boots, suitcase and flight deck bag get left in the garage for 3 days.
    Then I go (buck naked) straight to the shower.

Feels a lot like the decon process I practiced for years in the AF, but no “simulations.”

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan1980 View Post
    Oklahoma City. I've not seen anything on the news yet, just her and some of her work associates acknowledging it in FB posts. They are pretty concerned.
    To follow up from a few pages back, I had this sent to me this evening.

Name:  OU Sec.jpg
Views: 523
Size:  60.4 KB

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    My sister's house was built during the days of coal mining and steel mills in Pittsburgh. It had a rough shower in the basement. The drill, way back then, was that the husband would enter the home through the basement door. He would strip, shower, put on clean clothes and then go upstairs to his family.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

User Tag List