Page 626 of 725 FirstFirst ... 126526576616624625626627628636676 ... LastLast
Results 6,251 to 6,260 of 7244

Thread: Coronavirus thread

South Dakota Nurse recalls how dying patients spent last minutes insisting virus isn't real

"While many patients are 'grateful for the care they receive' from nurses, some COVID-19 patients spend their last moments refusing to call family and friends because they're convinced they're going to be fine, Doering said. 'Their last dying words are, 'This can't be happening. It's not real,'" Doering recalled. In some cases, patients even insist they have the flu or lung cancer to avoid acknowledging the coronavirus."

For those that work in healthcare, will you be taking the vaccine?

I’m trying to find info on the potential side effects but not having much luck. If anyone can point me to some credible info I would appreciate it!
    "Shooting is 90% mental. The rest is in your head." -Nils

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by ranger View Post
    Honestly not seeing the risk based on the constant drama. I care about the elderly - my dad passed in January (pre-Covid) at 94 and wife and I are 60. I do not see the "risk" to the vast majority per the constant drama - if you are elderly and have other risk factors by all means stay home, take precautions.

I do lean toward 1) Covid is being used as a weapon against Trump, 2) Covid is being used to deny Liberties to Americans, 3) there is a double standard as in politicians can go to gatherings but citizens cannot, politicians can travel to Hawaii for meetings but citizens should not, "peaceful protests" are ok but religious events are not.

If this makes me a tin foil guy then guess I am guilty.

If we are this scared of COVID then we should stop driving cars, quit drinking, quit smoking, quit eating tasty food, etc.
    Pretty please? With sprinkles.
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....olitics-Thread
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by JCS View Post

I’m trying to find info on the potential side effects but not having much luck. If anyone can point me to some credible info I would appreciate it!
    My twenty year connection was always tangential, but yes - without hesitation.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar

Yes, without hesitation.

For vaccine safety data, the best we have are the results of the large ongoing clinical trials, of which there are 3 that I can think off off the top of my head, with a total of 100,000 study patients enrolled across all 3, if I remember correctly. They haven't formally published their findings yet but there is some info out there.

Moderna:

The interim analysis included a concurrent review of the available Phase 3 COVE study safety data by the DSMB, which did not report any significant safety concerns. A review of solicited adverse events indicated that the vaccine was generally well tolerated. The majority of adverse events were mild or moderate in severity. Grade 3 (severe) events greater than or equal to 2% in frequency after the first dose included injection site pain (2.7%), and after the second dose included fatigue (9.7%), myalgia (8.9%), arthralgia (5.2%), headache (4.5%), pain (4.1%) and erythema/redness at the injection site (2.0%). These solicited adverse events were generally short-lived. These data are subject to change based on ongoing analysis of further Phase 3 COVE study data and final analysis.
    Keep in mind when reporting safety data that these adverse effects are also generally experienced by the placebo group as well, but they don't seem to have that listed on their website right now. It will come out in the full publication which I am guessing will be available before the new year, likely fairly soon.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by ranger View Post
    I am sincerely curious - if Covid is so bad - why are not all the employees at grocery stores, Walmart, etc. dead?
    All of them? Probably has to do with a ton of them wearing masks per the policies of their employer.

Some of them are most definitely dead even so.

Like you learned in sex ed...nothing is 100 percent effective.

But a lot of them are dead. Zipped up the bodybags myself.

ETA: Absofuckinglutely I'll take the vaccine. I'm the most likely person to give my parents COVID and I haven't seen them and will not see them for a single goddamned holiday this year.

Removing myself as a threat is what I do, because I love my Mom and Dad. I'm confident it is lower risk that the chances I'll die or kill them if I get COVID.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    Yes, without hesitation.

For vaccine safety data, the best we have are the results of the large ongoing clinical trials, of which there are 3 that I can think off off the top of my head, with a total of 100,000 study patients enrolled across all 3, if I remember correctly. They haven't formally published their findings yet but there is some info out there.

Moderna:

Keep in mind when reporting safety data that these adverse effects are also generally experienced by the placebo group as well, but they don't seem to have that listed on their website right now. It will come out in the full publication which I am guessing will be available before the new year, likely fairly soon.
    Is there a feeling, yet, for how long the vaccine-derived immunity will last?

Is there any indication as to how rapidly the COVID-19 virus will mutate to the point that a new vaccine will be required?
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

The hospital system my wife works for will mandate the vaccine (just like they do for the flu shot every year). I imagine a lot of other hospital systems will have a similar requirement.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    Is there a feeling, yet, for how long the vaccine-derived immunity will last?

Is there any indication as to how rapidly the COVID-19 virus will mutate to the point that a new vaccine will be required?
    There is a paper I cited earlier that suggested that infection with COVID-19 would produce immunity that would be durable for about a year. This might be a good estimate. However, this study is is not nearly the same thing as studying the actual efficacy of the vaccine "in the wild," but the current trials have not gone on long enough to have the answer to that. Sorry for the non answer.

As for COVID-19 mutations... I don't have a short or easy answer for you, so I am doing some reading on that now. This paper seems to answer your question most directly.

edit: that paper is also kind of old in COVID terms... Another more recent paper:

https://www.pnas.org/content/117/40/24614

As a hospital employee I'm guessing I won't be given an option of NOT getting one...... but thanks to explanations by experts like Nephrology and I believe it was YVK, I'm feeling ok about these vaccines even though they're new.

And the minute I do have it I'm back at the gym and the movies. Can't wait.

User Tag List