Page 551 of 725 FirstFirst ... 51451501541549550551552553561601651 ... LastLast
Results 5,501 to 5,510 of 7244

Thread: Coronavirus thread

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    I'm still OK. I'm debt free, wife's solidly employed, we have some reserves and I am still billing enough hours to make it worth still doing (by myself).
    Feel sorry for my former employees, there are zero employment options for them right now (even fast food and box stores are putting the brakes on hiring).

The Fed payroll subsidies have all pretty much ended. The Fed unemployment "bump" is about to expire. State unemployment funds are running out.
    It's about to all come crashing down for a LOT of people nationwide in the next few weeks.
    It's sad to put your heart and soul into something and have it destroyed by a federal government that doesn't care about small business. I know a few people who own a small business and none of them have anything good to say about the federal gov't. I guess that includes just about everyone now.

Sorry to hear about your situation. That truly sucks.
    Last edited by Borderland; 06-26-2020 at 08:48 PM.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

The FACT that "medical professionals" didn't say a fucking bad word about mass protests nationwide for two weeks tells me all I need to know about how this is being politicized to destroy what was previously the hottest economy on the planet.

Medical professionals, without parenthetical, of this site have said something else.

Tell you though, we're trying our best to keep it apolitical here, in my neck of the woods. "ICU is full, we're on a divert, don't bring anybody here" three times this week applied to all patients, regardless of their political affiliations.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    It's sad to put your heart and soul into something and have it destroyed by a federal government that doesn't care about small business. I know a few people who own a small business and none of them have anything good to say about the federal gov't. I guess that includes just about everyone now.

Sorry to hear about your situation. That truly sucks.
    What's the federal government got to do with Texas and Florida's in state decision making?
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    What's the federal government got to do with Texas and Florida's in state decision making?
    Because Orange Man Bad.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Site Supporter
    Laid off all my staff today due to the renewed Texas/NM shutdowns pretty much killing all on site work at customer locations.
    That's about $350k a year in salaries gone from the economy.
    5 families that went from a very good salary for the area to poverty level unemployment benefits of around $350/wk..
    Hopefully I can try to restart something in a few months.
    The majority of businesses in a 200 mile radius are in the exact same boat.
    Last I heard the NM Unemployment fund is just weeks from being depleted and that was before the coming surge in claims that's inevitable with another shutdown.

The only virus that's going to be eradicated or the curve flattened on is the "virus" formerly known as small business in the US.
    Sorry to hear that, Jody.

Just a guess, but with collapsing state budgets (Texas from record low oil prices, Florida from depressed tourism) the states have to suck up to the Fed to guarantee a spot at the bail out trough.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

In Florida, nothing.

Just a guess, but with collapsing state budgets (Texas from record low oil prices, Florida from depressed tourism) the states have to suck up to the Fed to guarantee a spot at the bail out trough.
    If anything, I think DeSantis was sucking up on the reopening. He says frequently that he talks to the President/WH and he and Trump campaigned together. FL, as fucked up as we are, is an important state in the upcoming election. Trump needs it to appear that the virus is handled, so DeSantis was militant about reopening and not "going backward" until the stats got so bad that he had to act.

None of that should be construed as "Orange Man Bad" or "DeSantis Bad", it's just the political reality. The relationship between the two has already worked to the benefit of FL.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    If anything, I think DeSantis was sucking up on the reopening.
    As was Abbot.
    But now the political winds are shifting and politicians will always try to have the wind at their backs.

Karen is very vocal on Twitter/Facebook and technologically retarded politicians still believe that Twitter/Facebook are representative of public opinion.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Nothing. But congress gave a lot of money to big business, some of which didn't need it. Very little of that money got to small businesses. I know 2 small business owners that applied numerous times and was never able to get any federal money.

I realize that the fed had nothing to do with the state restrictions, but every state got those to some degree so it was a national problem.

This is more or less how it went down.

https://reason.com/2020/06/25/congre...avirus-rescue/
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

WaPo

DOJ warns against fake face mask exemption cards shared in Facebook group

Face mask exemption cards created by a Facebook group that encourages people to not wear face coverings during the pandemic are a sham, according to the Justice Department.

In an alert, the DOJ said the bogus cards circulating online claim the holder does not have to abide by ordinances requiring face mask usage, claiming that doing so possess a mental or physical health risk. They cite the Americans With Disabilities Act and include a Department of Justice seal and phone number.

“If found in violation of the ADA you could face steep penalties,” the cards say.

They feature an eagle logo and the website for the Freedom to Breathe Agency and caution that businesses or organizations that deny access to cardholders “will also be reported to FTBA for further actions.”

But the FTBA is not a government agency — it’s the Facebook group that shared the cards, CNN reported. Founder Lenka Koloma told the network that people should only wear masks “whenever they wish to be silenced and muzzled.”

After CNN asked Facebook for comment about the group, it was removed, the network reported.

Urging businesses to turn away people who display the cards, singer Lance Bass tweeted a photo of one, which was shared more than 62,000 times.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

User Tag List