Page 673 of 725 FirstFirst ... 173573623663671672673674675683723 ... LastLast
Results 6,721 to 6,730 of 7244

Thread: Coronavirus thread

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ccmdfd View Post
    Good Lord! I guess I should be happy with my system!?

That sounds like something a psychiatrist would do.

My opinion he should be fired on the spot. Yes everybody is exposed to the virus but please have him explain which would be more deleterious to the community's health. A psychiatrist getting the virus and being out of work versus in ICU, critical care physician?

Maybe you all should make him pull a shift or two in the covid icu.
    Oh, something else you'll appreciate: our SOM emailed us today to say that they would not require MS3s to get the vaccine "Because of the history of health injustices perpetrated against minority communities' or some stupid shit.

We are of course still required to get our annual flu vax and submit a quantiferon before we return to clinic however

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    Oh, something else you'll appreciate: our SOM emailed us today to say that they would not require MS3s to get the vaccine "Because of the history of health injustices perpetrated against minority communities' or some stupid shit.

We are of course still required to get our annual flu vax and submit a quantiferon before we return to clinic however
    So giving a vaccine to MS4's and up is dandy but for some reason for MS3 it's an injustice???

Wow!, just wow.

I shared your story with some of my partners today and they were flabbergasted.

Quote Originally Posted by ccmdfd View Post
    So giving a vaccine to MS4's and up is dandy but for some reason for MS3 it's an injustice???

Wow!, just wow.

I shared your story with some of my partners today and they were flabbergasted.
    well, to clarify, I think they meant the entire MD student class, but I would be re-entering as an MS3. but yeah, that doesn't make it any less stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigguy View Post
    Thanks. I talked to Sarge when I came on watch today. He say's we'll have the option once the clinic receives the vaccine.
    Very good! I received mine Tuesday.

Some footage from a community hospital in CA that illustrates the kind of volumes many hospitals around the country are struggling to manage.

Anecdotally SoCal seems like it's getting hammered right now. Have a bunch of MD friends who are in training down there and they all say it's a living nightmare.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Interestingly, I've received an alternative sample of anecdata from a SoCal contact.

Hospital employee telling tales of people arriving at the ER for non-covid-related issue, without any covid-like symptoms, being tested and found positive, and put into the ICU simply because that's where all the covid patients go. Person could just as well have been sent home for quarantine, by all appearances. And not just one.

I wasn't there and didn't read the charts (nor am I qualified to do so), etc., but if that's true and similar practices widespread, it could certainly pack ICUs to and beyond capacity in a hurry.

Which is not to downplay the seriousness of the problem, but to be open to the possibility that numbers are being overplayed in some locations and at some times.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    Interestingly, I've received an alternative sample of anecdata from a SoCal contact.

Hospital employee telling tales of people arriving at the ER for non-covid-related issue, without any covid-like symptoms, being tested and found positive, and put into the ICU simply because that's where all the covid patients go. Person could just as well have been sent home for quarantine, by all appearances. And not just one.

I wasn't there and didn't read the charts (nor am I qualified to do so), etc., but if that's true and similar practices widespread, it could certainly pack ICUs to and beyond capacity in a hurry.

Which is not to downplay the seriousness of the problem, but to be open to the possibility that numbers are being overplayed in some locations and at some times.
    That's not the practice here. Statewide we have 15-20% more COVID patients in hospital than in the summer surge and 15-20% fewer in ICU. ICU occupancy is at 93%, so they could cram a few more in there.

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post

This claim sounds highly suspect to me.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

All claims and reports should be questioned. I think it is hard for anyone to trust anything especially when there is an agenda at every angle. An uncle signed up to get tested a month or so ago. Got tired of waiting and left the office. Got results back saying he was positive and was never actually tested.

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    This claim sounds highly suspect to me.
    I suspect that it’s one of those instances when a grain of truth takes on a life of its own. For example, we ran into issues with our step-down unit not having enough HEPA filters and negative pressure generators to make it worth putting COVID patients in that unit even though it could normal handle high-flow nasal cannula and non-invasive ventilation. Thus, we decided to put all patients requiring more than 6L or non-invasive who would not normally be ICU players in the in the ICU, and focus the step-down unit on decompressing non-COVID respiratory patients from the ICU. I know a number of places that faced similar housing issues - especially early in the pandemic when negative pressure rooms were at a premium. We spent a good chunk of the summer upgrading rooms to be negative pressure capable.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

User Tag List