Page 621 of 725 FirstFirst ... 121521571611619620621622623631671721 ... LastLast
Results 6,201 to 6,210 of 7244

Thread: Coronavirus thread

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    Anecdotally do you feel like this is more common with COVID-19 patients vs. all-cause ARDS?
    Wish I had a good answer for you but I really don't. Just really do not see most post ARDS patients at all. Seems kind of strange if you think about it but it is the case that both institutions I worked at

And as luck would have it after I posted that above, I just saw yet another person who had a case back in July who is not recovered clinically and radiographically.

Quote Originally Posted by ffhounddog View Post
    I still just think this is overblown.... Just workout and wash your hands and you are fine. No fuss.
    I am sure President Harris will be looking for a new Surgeon General - you should be top of the list.
    Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ccmdfd View Post
    Wish I had a good answer for you but I really don't. Just really do not see most post ARDS patients at all. Seems kind of strange if you think about it but it is the case that both institutions I worked at

And as luck would have it after I posted that above, I just saw yet another person who had a case back in July who is not recovered clinically and radiographically.
    Well, if you don't see many post ARDS patients but are seeing a lot of post-COVID patients, sounds like this may be something unique to this virus that is distinct from all cause ARDS.

What kind of comments are the radiologists leaving in the reads on these patients? Are they describing fibrotic/reticular changes? Or something else?

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    Well, if you don't see many post ARDS patients but are seeing a lot of post-COVID patients, sounds like this may be something unique to this virus that is distinct from all cause ARDS.

What kind of comments are the radiologists leaving in the reads on these patients? Are they describing fibrotic/reticular changes? Or something else?

Good point, I hadn't thought about the fact that I don't normally see post ICU patients anyway. Not sure if that's something specific to this specific virus or if it's just since everyone is so uptight about it that they're just making referrals all the time.

Yes, just reticular, fibrotic changes, at least the prior to. the patient today had some ground glass opacities that were still present

Site Supporter
    A question for the docs...

Are there any special Covid considerations I need to be aware of regarding newborns?

My wife is working from home, we're taking the usual handwashing/masking/avoiding groups/etc. precautions. Neither of us has had any reason to suspect we've been infected or exposed. But, cases in our area appear to be spiking, and the baby is due in about 4 weeks.

I've done a bit of googling... and there seems to be a consensus of, "If an infant get it, it is (usually) pretty mild." Still, we'd like to avoid finding out first hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    It's been interesting watching what my parents, who are in their 70's, are reacting to this. They're basically making no changes to what they do, as they figure they only have so many active years left, and would rather do what they can while they can still so stuff, instead of hiding out and waiting for this to go away.

Contrast to their friends, who are hiding out in their house, doing nothing, and not seeing anyone.

Name:  clint.jpg
Views: 317
Size:  42.3 KB
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

Quote Originally Posted by Crow Hunter View Post
    This is my situation.

My wife caught it by just being in a room with a non-symptomatic person for about an hour having a meeting on a Thursday. She washed her hands after leaving the room. That person lost their sense of smell on Sunday and tested positive on Wed. My wife lost her sense of smell 9 days after exposure and that is when she had bad symptoms.

I was in a 1,450 sq ft house with her for the whole time, sharing a bathroom, eating food she cooked, eating in the same room, spending lots of time within 6 feet and did not take any special precautions. No masks, didn't wash hands except when going to the bathroom. No special cleaning or anything.

She sneezed every 15 min (no exaggeration) and coughed quite a bit.

We don't share a bed but she did change the sheets on both beds.

I never got sick. But I wasn't tested.

Not sure if my wife just wasn't shedding virus or I was asymptomatic or "Matt Damon" or just really, really good at dodging fomites or extremely lucky.

My assumption is that I "caught it" but was asymptomatic. I did not go and get a test because I didn't want to use up a test since I was going to have to quarantine anyway.
    Dude, how did you pull this off?? Crawling off her death bed to cook for you. We are not worthy, we are not worthy!!

Quote Originally Posted by Crow Hunter View Post
    My assumption is that I "caught it" but was asymptomatic. I did not go and get a test because I didn't want to use up a test since I was going to have to quarantine anyway.
    Can you donate blood? If so, they'll probably test for antibodies and let you know...

Quote Originally Posted by Dog Guy View Post
    Dude, how did you pull this off?? Crawling off her death bed to cook for you. We are not worthy, we are not worthy!!
    My cooking skills stop at peanut butter sandwiches and my wife doesn't like how I make sandwiches.

So if she wanted to eat, she had to cook it, and if she was cooking it, I would eat it too.

She only felt really bad the Saturday that she lost her sense of smell. She had body aches and a 101 fever. Otherwise, she didn't really feel all that bad. She did make breakfast that morning though.

Scrambled eggs, biscuits and bacon.

I did let her pick what we were watching on TV though.

Quote Originally Posted by 0ddl0t View Post
    Can you donate blood? If so, they'll probably test for antibodies and let you know...

That is my plan.

I give every time they come to my company. Unfortunately I was on quarantine when they last came through. I am trying to catch them somewhere local to me but haven't been successful so far.

However, I have read that antibody testing isn't reliable (only tests for corona virus antibodies not specific C-19). So I don't know that it will tell me much since I seem to catch every cold that comes around.

User Tag List