Page 388 of 725 FirstFirst ... 288338378386387388389390398438488 ... LastLast
Results 3,871 to 3,880 of 7244

Thread: Coronavirus thread

Quote Originally Posted by GyroF-16 View Post
    What’s “HP”?
    Hydrogen peroxide. H202. Sorry, should have just typed it out.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    They are surely trying to survive short term but I wonder what it'll do to their businesses long term. We're have been waiting for insurance company response in regards to a cancelled airfare for at least 3 weeks. My gut feeling they won't pay, and if they don't, it is the last time we bought that coverage.
    My understanding is most insurance, whether for business disruption or travel, explicitly exclude pandemics. There are some travel insurance providers that allow you to cancel for any reason which would make stuff like this eligible, but I presume the premiums are higher.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post

BTW, is there a source of masks for the general public besides make your own?
    There is a whole lot of home makers getting after it:

https://www.etsy.com/market/face_mask

My wife took the morning and made me one, there are dozens of plans online. I’ll save my N95’s when it is critical

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    I've been wearing mine before the govt told us so. Does that make me progressive?
    If it does, then I bear the same mark/stigma/stain or whatever the heck you wanna call it.
    ''Politics is for the present, but an equation is for eternity.'' ―Albert Einstein

Full disclosure per the Pistol-Forum CoC: I am the author of Quantitative Ammunition Selection.

Don't know if this has any validity: https://buffalonews.com/2020/04/03/l...-their-doubts/
    I'm waaaaay outta my lane on the underlying biological merits of this idea, so maybe @RevolverRob could weigh-in?
    ''Politics is for the present, but an equation is for eternity.'' ―Albert Einstein

Full disclosure per the Pistol-Forum CoC: I am the author of Quantitative Ammunition Selection.

On disinfecting masks: I'd worry about my uncontrolled amateur attempts harming the mask in some non-obvious way. Given that the consensus is that virii only last a few days outside the body, and I'm going out less often than that, I'll just let time do it's work.

Hospitals may face a different problem. if they are trying to use them for a couple of shifts per day.

This is very interesting and could be very useful.

How Sewage Could Reveal True Scale of Coronavirus Outbreak

"More than a dozen research groups worldwide have started analysing wastewater for the new coronavirus as a way to estimate the total number of infections in a community, given that most people will not be tested. The method could also be used to detect the coronavirus if it returns to communities, say scientists. So far, researchers have found traces of the virus in the Netherlands, the United States and Sweden."
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

Quote Originally Posted by Wondering Beard View Post
    This is very interesting and could be very useful.

How Sewage Could Reveal True Scale of Coronavirus Outbreak

"More than a dozen research groups worldwide have started analysing wastewater for the new coronavirus as a way to estimate the total number of infections in a community, given that most people will not be tested. The method could also be used to detect the coronavirus if it returns to communities, say scientists. So far, researchers have found traces of the virus in the Netherlands, the United States and Sweden."
    They're welcome to pump my septic tank if they're available.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

BTW, is there a source of masks for the general public besides make your own?
    Wasting time this morning, I noticed LAPG has Chicom masks for $7 per. IIRC they have a 10% and free shipping for orders over $75. Link and some of the disclaimer copied below.

KN95 DISPOSABLE FACE MASK

NO REFUNDS UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE! YOU CANNOT RETURN THIS ITEM. ALL SALES FINAL.

These are KN95 masks that have been imported from China. We have had to pay outrageous prices to obtain these plus very expensive air cargo rates to get them here quickly. We have a very limited supply.

WE MAKE NO PROMISE, GUARANTEE, or WARRANTY that these masks will prevent you from catching any disease or that these give you any level of breathing protection from any hazard. We are not mask or PPE experts so we have no real way of determine the effectiveness of these masks.

We apologize for the pricing of these KN95 Face Masks. We decided we would try to obtain masks from the open market in order to provide First Responders with some option other than wearing a cotton t-shirt around their faces. Under normal circumstance these masks would cost maybe a dollar. Due to the COVID-19 Pandemic prices on masks have skyrocketed. Most of the time you simply can't find any in-stock anywhere. We have not been able to obtain any Made in the USA N95 masks. We have offered these masks to medical personnel and hospitals as well. We are also selling some here in an effort to help cops and first responders get the gear they need. KN95 is the Chinese equivalent of the American N95 stand for respirators accord to many online sources and articles. We have no way of verifying this information or testing these masks. BUYER BEWARE. See below link from 3M talking about various mark standards.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    They're welcome to pump my septic tank if they're available.
    Your willingness to engage in such sweeping 'self-sacrifice' is why we all think so much of you.

User Tag List