Page 374 of 725 FirstFirst ... 274324364372373374375376384424474 ... LastLast
Results 3,731 to 3,740 of 7244

Thread: Coronavirus thread

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan1980 View Post
    To follow up from a few pages back, I had this sent to me this evening.

Attachment 51119
    Nation's top coronavirus expert Dr. Anthony Fauci forced to beef up security as death threats increase
    https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/01/polit...ail/index.html

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    My sister's house was built during the days of coal mining and steel mills in Pittsburgh. It had a rough shower in the basement. The drill, way back then, was that the husband would enter the home through the basement door. He would strip, shower, put on clean clothes and then go upstairs to his family.
    That's how I grew up. We had a 'mud room' entrance that had a shower/bathroom directly attached. Then you could go into the rest of the house. Guests and clean family members used a different entrance.

From the "American Ingenuity Files":
    Bravo Zulu, Professor Conley.
    Absolutely awesome innovation and humanitarian action people can learn from.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    AKA: SkyLine1

From the "American Ingenuity Files":
    Bravo Zulu, Professor Conley.

Without seeing the device in use, difficult to say how well it will be adopted.

It needs to be adjustable so one can deliver specific amounts of air to each patient and adjust up or down as needed.

That being said, there may be some pulmonologist/ICU docs who don’t care and will use it as a Hail Mary approach.

I’ve discussed these type of devices with our local critical care MD’s (I do primarily outpatient work) and they say they won’t use them. They’d rather just make a decision as to which patients get a vent and which don’t and deal with the consequences. Different strokes for different folks.

cc

More crazy in the news:

https://www.navytimes.com/news/your-...as-suspicious/

Or as I saw one commenter say - it was a loco motive...

moved
    Last edited by Earlymonk; 04-02-2020 at 10:32 AM.

I guess the Fed's weren't joking about hoarding medical gear:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/doj...plies-to-nj-ny

Quote Originally Posted by Earlymonk View Post
    Everything should be okay now, McKinsey and Jared are in charge...

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...esponse-160553
    There is a thread for this stuff.

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....olitics-Thread
    We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 0ddl0t View Post
    The difference is one is homicide while the other is death from natural causes.

Inverting that same philosophical exercise, why do we allow drinking, smoking, & junk-food eating? Far more than 1,000 a day die from these preventable deaths.
    One is done to you, the other is self-inflicted. Same reason there's not a huge public uprising about overdose deaths. Those without a personal stake figure the person did it to themselves/had it coming. If you drink yourself to death, meh, that's on you. If you get killed by a drunk driver, there'll be a go fund me, etc. Die from lung cancer and if you weren't a smoker, it'll be prominent in the discussion of your death, distancing you from fault in your own demise. Plenty of "fuck cancer" posts, very few to no "fuck suicide" posts. All have that common theme, done to you by an outside force vs internal cause/at fault.

So which is someone infecting you with a potentially fatal disease when it's preventable? Seems like "done to you" to me.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    One is done to you, the other is self-inflicted. Same reason there's not a huge public uprising about overdose deaths. Those without a personal stake figure the person did it to themselves/had it coming. If you drink yourself to death, meh, that's on you. If you get killed by a drunk driver, there'll be a go fund me, etc. Die from lung cancer and if you weren't a smoker, it'll be prominent in the discussion of your death, distancing you from fault in your own demise. Plenty of "fuck cancer" posts, very few to no "fuck suicide" posts. All have that common theme, done to you by an outside force vs internal cause/at fault.

So which is someone infecting you with a potentially fatal disease when it's preventable? Seems like "done to you" to me.
    Don't Covid-19 me, bro'!
    There's nothing civil about this war.

User Tag List