Page 693 of 725 FirstFirst ... 193593643683691692693694695703 ... LastLast
Results 6,921 to 6,930 of 7244

Thread: Coronavirus thread

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    I take HCQ weekly.
    ...for lupus...? How much?

It does have the very well describe side effect of prolonging your QT interval which predisposes you to potentially lethal dysrhythmia and cardiac arrest. It is not a benign drug.

I am not your doctor and I am not giving you medical advice so thats all I have to say on this matter.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    ...for lupus...? How much?

It does have the very well describe side effect of prolonging your QT interval which predisposes you to potentially lethal dysrhythmia and cardiac arrest. It is not a benign drug.

I am not your doctor and I am not giving you medical advice so thats all I have to say on this matter.

I was attempting a little levity. Making a bit of fun of myself.

On a serious note, I do appreciate your concern. Mean that sincerely.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    I was attempting a little levity. Making a bit of fun of myself.

On a serious note, I do appreciate your concern. Mean that sincerely.
    OK, phew. That is reassuring

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    OK, phew. That is reassuring

Yes I do take it, 200 mg per week with zinc and vitamin D. I understand there is risk and my doctor did prescribe Ivermectin to several family members, he’s not an HCQ believer. There are risks I do not take that would seem silly to most, and probably are silly, and there are risks that I do take that others would find unwise.

Again, I do appreciate your concern, and the fact you spoke up is to your credit. You will be a great benefit to the medical field.

Now all the gushy seriousness out of the way. Even I will admit there is likely at least some correlation between me deciding on taking HCQ and deciding on buying a Taurus revolver. That’s kind of a joke, but I’m also kind of being serious. lol

Anyway I’ll let you all get back to a more substantive conversation. I just couldn’t resist chiming in on a comment that I could so relate to and have a little fun with.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by willie View Post
    Some are saying that many covid-19 deaths are really flu deaths. They imply that the problem is less serious than we are led to believe. They ask where are the flu deaths. Can an informed person comment on this.
    Flu cases are way way down because flu is less contagious than SARS-CoV-2, thus masks and distancing have an even greater effect on flu transmission. In a meeting last week, the director of the lab that runs our flu tests said that we've seen "like five cases of flu so far this year." I'm not sure if he was being literal or just making the point that there is very little flu, but either way there is very little flu. Also, some of the COVID tests are panels that include Flu A, Flu B, and RSV, so it's not like no one is testing for flu. A small number of people are unlucky enough to catch COVID and flu at the same time.

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk

"Interesting" timing that the WHO puts out new guidance on COVID testing. Fewer PCR cycles now recommended, and a single PCR positive = not COVID positive unless you get a 2nd confirmation test and also present with clinical symptoms. Wonder why they waited until now to change the testing guidelines.

Quote Originally Posted by scw2 View Post
    "Interesting" timing that the WHO puts out new guidance on COVID testing. Fewer PCR cycles now recommended, and a single PCR positive = not COVID positive unless you get a 2nd confirmation test and also present with clinical symptoms. Wonder why they waited until now to change the testing guidelines.
    Interesting indeed. That should lead to some decrease in numbers diagnosed, at least asymptomatic group.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Infectious disease doc BIL says the European/African strain is bad, bad news.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Anything more than what’s in the news?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    A couple of discussions: https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/20/h...-immunity.html and https://www.biorxiv.org/content/10.1...01.18.427166v1 . Hopefully the PF med dudes and dudettes can chime in on the reliability of the second source. The gist of it is that the South African variant is less effected by both monoclonal antibodies and convalescent plasma, and possibly less vulnerable to the effects of the vaccine.

And by the way, to steal shamelessly from Dave Barry: "Little Lebowski and the Practicing IDBIL" would be a great name for a rock band.

User Tag List