Page 692 of 725 FirstFirst ... 192592642682690691692693694702 ... LastLast
Results 6,911 to 6,920 of 7244

Thread: Coronavirus thread

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by willie View Post
    Some are saying that many covid-19 deaths are really flu deaths. They imply that the problem is less serious than we are led to believe. They ask where are the flu deaths. Can an informed person comment on this.

It is incorrect to say that "many covid 19 deaths are really flu deaths." More on how COVID-19 deaths are reported.

Influenza infection/mortality is down dramatically this year for a number of reasons. Here is an OK article that gets into some of them

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by bravo7 View Post
    Well an uncle signed up to get tested, showed up and had to wait. He got tired of waiting and left without getting tested. The next week he gets notified he tested positive.

I don’t see the point in getting tested personally.
    I was talking with a buddy of mine today who knows someone that had the same thing happen. Sign in for the test, get tired of waiting, leave, get a positive notification.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkr View Post
    I was talking with a buddy of mine today who knows someone that had the same thing happen. Sign in for the test, get tired of waiting, leave, get a positive notification.

Chris
    This has happened to several people I personally know.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2021/...n-minister-ill

A self-styled Sri Lankan holy man’s supposed miracle potion to prevent COVID-19 has turned sour after a minister who publicly drank it was hospitalised with the virus.

Thousands defied public gathering restrictions to swamp a village in central Sri Lanka last month to get the syrup made by Dhammika Bandara.
    The drink contained honey, nutmeg, coriander and other herbs and was available for the equivalent of $13 a bottle.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    Probably not enough hydroxychloroquine or ivermectin in there.

Chris
    If they were tested through a healthcare system who billed their insurance for the PCR, they should report that to the state Dept of Ins. for fraud.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    The drink contained honey, nutmeg, coriander and other herbs and was available for the equivalent of $13 a bottle.
    Missing one key ingredient. https://amazinglanka.com/wp/snakes-in-sri-lanka/

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    If they were tested through a healthcare system who billed their insurance for the PCR, they should report that to the state Dept of Ins. for fraud.
    Yup. I don't know the person in question, it was just an anecdote relayed to me by my friend when we were talking about testing. I've heard similar stories from 4 different people (in different states). It certainly causes me to question numbers such as the 60%+ positive rate the next town over has or my own city's >20% positive rate.

Chris

Yup. I don't know the person in question, it was just an anecdote relayed to me by my friend when we were talking about testing. I've heard similar stories from 4 different people (in different states). It certainly causes me to question numbers such as the 60%+ positive rate the next town over has or my own city's >20% positive rate.

Chris
    Depending on the size of the town/who get tested and why, I could imagine lots of reasons % positivity rates would swing wildly between town to town.

Still, if they're just anecdotes from friends of a friend, I would take them with a grain of salt. I don't really know if t's worth getting worked up over specific % positivity either way. We already known COVID is out there (not news anymore) and that it is highly contagious, and that the B117 strain circulating in teh community now is even more contagious than older clades.

Cat's kind of out of the bag, these numbers may be interesting for public policy folks to stroke their beards over, but from a personal decision making perspective the only numbers I am reading are deaths and total hospitalized in my state/healthcare system. I just assume everyone out in the world has it and could give it to me and wear masks/distance/etc accordingly.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    Probably not enough hydroxychloroquine or ivermectin in there.
    Hey I resemble that comment!

Actually my sister in law has it and my anti HCQ family doc prescribed Ivermectin. I take HCQ weekly. Which might explain why I bought a Taurus, or maybe buying the Taurus explains why I take HCQ.

User Tag List