Page 409 of 725 FirstFirst ... 309359399407408409410411419459509 ... LastLast
Results 4,081 to 4,090 of 7244

Thread: Coronavirus thread

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    Well, after they get the Question.
    Stinking hyperintelligent pandemensional beings!
    True story:
    I have a shirt that says "42 the answer to life the universe and everything"
    https://thedudesdesigns.com/products...550a0f8e&_ss=r

Our org is sending a 20 people response team to Presby and Northwell in NYS to help with the surge. Docs, mid-levels, resp therapists, nurses. For now one team, there could be more.

Unsolicited, people asked to be deployed.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    What do nephrology services say about mechanisms of renal injury? Is it ATN due to low output, considering the apparent tendencies to run them dry and with high PEEPs,or is it a microvascular injury of some sort?
    An interview with a critical care doc from Cornell mentioned that all the kidney failure was pre renal/ATN in nature and may indicate they are running them too dry. Fleas.

They also mentioned that CVVH is in much shorter supply than vents so if a lot of folks get renal failure forget it. Also mentioned circuit clotting at a higher rate than usual.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Proof that the mice just want us to die.
    They have no use for us aside from calculating the ultimate question.
    REPETITION CREATES BELIEF
    REPETITION BUILDS THE SEPARATE WORLDS WE LIVE AND DIE IN
    NO EXCEPTIONS

An interesting article forwarded by a family member.
    https://medium.com/@agaiziunas/covid...t-91182386efcb

Here is a brief summary of the linked story… Coronavirus is not causing pneumonia but instead is stripping iron ions from hemoglobin which lowers the oxygen carrying capacity of the blood. The result is more like high altitude sickness than pneumonia and the bilateral ground glass opacity in the lungs is caused by the released oxidative iron overwhelming the lungs natural defenses.

The author theorizes that using high pressure ventilators is doing more damage than good and that the goal really should be to address the reduced O2 carrying capacity of the blood and that high flow oxygen but no pressure should be used until the body gets a handle on the infection.

I have heard that iron in our body can be real trouble if it gets out of hand. This is just something that stuck in my head from a long time ago and I don’t know that it is even true. But having this foundation, the article seems to make sense to me.

I apologize in advance if I butchered the summary.

What do our medical people say?

Quote Originally Posted by Paso Quito View Post
    Error 410: This account is under investigation or was found in violation of the Medium Rules.

Hain’t we got all the fools in town on our side? And ain’t that a big enough majority in any town?

Here is a brief summary of the linked story… Coronavirus is not causing pneumonia but instead is stripping iron ions from hemoglobin which lowers the oxygen carrying capacity of the blood. The result is more like high altitude sickness than pneumonia and the bilateral ground glass opacity in the lungs is caused by the released oxidative iron overwhelming the lungs natural defenses.

The author theorizes that using high pressure ventilators is doing more damage than good and that the goal really should be to address the reduced O2 carrying capacity of the blood and that high flow oxygen but no pressure should be used until the body gets a handle on the infection.

I have heard that iron in our body can be real trouble if it gets out of hand. This is just something that stuck in my head from a long time ago and I don’t know that it is even true. But having this foundation, the article seems to make sense to me.

I apologize in advance if I butchered the summary.

What do our medical people say?
    Possibly related article from STAT?
    https://www.boston.com/news/health/2...d-for-covid-19

(Edited by Mod: Don't copy entire articles to the site due to potential copyright issues.)

Not sure what happened to the link... here is the article.

Covid-19 had us all fooled, but now we might have finally found its secret.
    libertymavenstock
    Apr 5·
    In the last 3–5 days, a mountain of anecdotal evidence has come out of NYC, Italy, Spain, etc. about COVID-19 and characteristics of patients who get seriously ill. It’s not only piling up but now leading to a general field-level consensus backed up by a few previously little-known studies that we’ve had it all wrong the whole time. Well, a few had some things eerily correct (cough Trump cough), especially with Hydroxychloroquine with Azithromicin, but we’ll get to that in a minute.
    There is no ‘pneumonia’ nor ARDS. At least not the ARDS with established treatment protocols and procedures we’re familiar with. Ventilators are not only the wrong solution, but high pressure intubation can actually wind up causing more damage than without, not to mention complications from tracheal scarring and ulcers given the duration of intubation often required….
    Last edited by BehindBlueI's; 04-08-2020 at 07:36 PM. Reason: Edited by mod: Don't copy entire articles to the site due to potential copyright issues.

Quote Originally Posted by shootist26 View Post
    Possibly related article from STAT?
    https://www.boston.com/news/health/2...d-for-covid-19
    It is good to see professionals stepping back and taking the time to really look at this virus and what it is doing to the human body. Once they have a better understanding and can explain it to people like me things will not seem quite so scary.

My wife & I early on said, we want to delay exposure to the virus as long as possible so that effective treatments will be available when we finally come down with it. Articles like this make me hopeful that this time will come sooner rather than later.

It is good to see professionals stepping back and taking the time to really look at this virus and what it is doing to the human body. Once they have a better understanding and can explain it to people like me things will not seem quite so scary.

My wife & I early on said, we want to delay exposure to the virus as long as possible so that effective treatments will be available when we finally come down with it. Articles like this make me hopeful that this time will come sooner rather than later.
    That was always my hope as well, do what I could to avoid exposure as long as possible to give the people looking for an effective treatment a chance to find that treatment. My hope (probably deep in the bargaining starts for the folks familiar with the five stages of grief) was that we would find a treatment first, then a vaccine. If long known malaria medications can treat/cure this then I’m all for it.

User Tag List