Page 590 of 725 FirstFirst ... 90490540580588589590591592600640690 ... LastLast
Results 5,891 to 5,900 of 7244

Thread: Coronavirus thread

Site Supporter Maple Syrup Actual's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    Are these weasels that you describe the same as the Rodents of Unusual Size? If so, I doubt that any farmer, big or small, has anything to do with them. Those beasts are only found in the Fire Swamp, not on any farm.
    This is probably the best explanation for the lack of research into a vaccine. Regional malady, limited transmission outside of the afflicted zone.
    This is a thread where I built a boat I designed and which I very occasionally update with accounts of using it, which is really fun as long as I'm not driving over logs and blowing up the outboard.
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ilding-a-skiff

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Maple Syrup Actual View Post
    I mean you talk about neither quick nor pleasant, death from weasels would be neither. But where is the weasels vaccine?

Nobody is even working on one, that's the truth Big Farmer doesn't want you to know.
    That's a tough one! I have no idea what the correlate of protection is for weasels. Where to start?!? There are transgenic mice well suited to respond to attacks by chickens, but I got nothing for weasels.

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by pangloss View Post
    That's a tough one! I have no idea what the correlate of protection is for weasels. Where to start?!? There are transgenic mice well suited to respond to attacks by chickens, but I got nothing for weasels.

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk
    I know how this book ends. Some poor guy is going to get a genetic treatment for avoiding weasel attacks and be really really good at it. Then the test mice die off as our protagonist begins his own rapid decline and eventually ends up as just another slow witted and reflexed weasel meal.
    im strong, i can run faster than train

Sometimes you must choose the lesser of two weasels.

Unclear if weasels we're talking about are actual rodents or politicians...

Quote Originally Posted by BrassSlapper View Post
    Unclear if weasels we're talking about are actual rodents or politicians...
    Embrace the healing power of 'and'.
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    Are these weasels that you describe the same as the Rodents of Unusual Size? If so, I doubt that any farmer, big or small, has anything to do with them. Those beasts are only found in the Fire Swamp, not on any farm.

I don't believe they exist...

Curious what our resident scientists think about the Yan report.

https://zenodo.org/record/4028830

Seems convincing on the surface, but of course everyone has an angle, especially those from Hong Kong.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    If it meant not shutting down the country, then I would feel morally obligated to do so.
    Does that go for your parents and grandparents, if they are still alive? Or if they were?

Quote Originally Posted by Bio View Post
    Just because I'm curious, how many deaths avoided would justify a shutdown? Not a permanent shutdown, a partial shutdown similar to what many states are currently doing (most businesses still open, just capacity restrictions).
    Healthcare resource availability, not deaths, should drive physical distancing. If your hospitals are running out of beds, it’s a good sign that it’s time to start clamping down.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

User Tag List