Page 293 of 725 FirstFirst ... 193243283291292293294295303343393 ... LastLast
Results 2,921 to 2,930 of 7244

Thread: Coronavirus thread

Quote Originally Posted by peterb View Post
    Exactly.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Unknown but unlikely. That is one of many theories none of which have evidence to back them up.

What is known, and supported by evidence is that the Chinese Government’s early attempts to cover up the virus rather than deal with it are why it spread into a world pandemic.
    So, you're saying there was no Chinese fire drill?

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    https://www.cdc.gov/media/releases/2...avel-case.html

First Travel-related Case of 2019 Novel Coronavirus Detected in United States

Press Release

For Immediate Release: Tuesday, January 21, 2020
    (404) 639-3286
    IIRC Seattle had a bunch of idiopathic ARDS cases earlier than 1/21 that ended up later being proven to be COVID, too. Not sure then they were from but I want to say as early as late december.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    IIRC Seattle had a bunch of idiopathic ARDS cases earlier than 1/21 that ended up later being proven to be COVID, too. Not sure then they were from but I want to say as early as late december.
    I think there's a very good chance that a cousin of mine in FL was a case like this a few months back. He was near death, on ventilator (with tracheotomy), put into a coma, and moved from one facility to another as they couldn't figure out what was going on with him for at least a few weeks. He's in his early 50's.

I haven't heard back from family members what the ultimate determination was or if they were able to identify a cause.

I wonder if it could've been folks at his church that had returned from missionary work that might have exposed him but it's simply a guess on my part. I don't know enough about his employment to venture further speculation.

I told my patient this morning to stop going to church services. I told her God loves, Covid-19 kills.

Quote Originally Posted by peterb View Post

Pancreatic cancer. Also random and largely fatal. So. Yea I don’t understand this aspect of the panic so to speak.

Name:  F092EE2F-3EA6-492D-81D0-C93620052D05.jpg
Views: 426
Size:  38.0 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    Pancreatic cancer. Also random and largely fatal. So. Yea I don’t understand this aspect of the panic so to speak.

Cancer isnt contiguous and 40k cases of covd19 is just the beginning.

I’m seeing a lot of people point to the, so far, small numbers of infected/critical/fatal cases and say “such and such condition affects/kills way more people annually.” This logic ignores the premise, based on the Imperial College report, that if we didn’t implement the current measures to mitigate the spread, COVID-19 would infect almost every American, resulting in 2.2 million deaths. The problem with people taking this seriously seems to be that if the measures put in place to mitigate the spread of COVID-19 are successful, practically no one will die and people will say “see, it was all overblown.”
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    I’m seeing a lot of people point to the, so far, small numbers of infected/critical/fatal cases and say “such and such condition affects/kills way more people annually.” This logic ignores the premise, based on the Imperial College report, that if we didn’t implement the current measures to mitigate the spread, COVID-19 would infect almost every American, resulting in 2.2 million deaths. The problem with people taking this seriously seems to be that if the measures put in place to mitigate the spread of COVID-19 are successful, practically no one will die and people will say “see, it was all overblown.”
    Im really curious to see how well we are flattening the curve. There are a ton of people not taking it seriously and many people who flat out ignore the shelter in place orders.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post

WTF. How is this an appropriate comparison at all? Pancreatic cancer is not contagious. COVID-19 is extremely contagious, and more importantly can be ASYMPTOTIC for up to 2 weeks while still being contagious. So...think about how many people you can interact with in a 2 week span that could potentially be infected.

We went up to 40,000 confirmed cases in 2 months.

User Tag List