Page 539 of 725 FirstFirst ... 39439489529537538539540541549589639 ... LastLast
Results 5,381 to 5,390 of 7244

Thread: Coronavirus thread

Hammertime
    Any comments on this study of Dexamethasone?

https://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/932403

I am personally suspicious given the equivocal track record of steroid use in the critically ill. It needs validation.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Glock View Post
    Any comments on this study of Dexamethasone?

https://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/932403

I am personally suspicious given the equivocal track record of steroid use in the critically ill. It needs validation.
    I saw that in the lay media but haven't read the actual article yet. I am also a little bit skeptical because I remember a lot of the early talk from china suggested that methlypred increased rates of 2° bacterial PNA in COVID patients. I don't know if it simply was never seriously considered/rigorously studied until now or if this is just another flash in the pan study riding the COVID wave. I'll take a look at it.

Would you trust going to the Indoor range I use ?

I have not gone in over 3 Months to this Range.
    Talked to the owner ..no one working there has come down with it ( they are not wearing any protection) ..
    Have no way of knowing about people using the Range itself.

Tennessee cases
    Updated Jun 17 at 10:59 AM local
    Confirmed 31,830+670
    Deaths 493 +10
    Recovered 20,710 +648

I live in Sumner County
    Sumner County cases
    Confirmed 1,112+7
    Deaths 48
    Recovered 463+12
    Last edited by Robert Mitchum; 06-17-2020 at 11:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Mitchum View Post
    Would you trust going to the Indoor range I use ?

I have not gone in over 3 Months to this Range.
    Talked to the owner ..no one working there has come down with ( they are not wearing any protection) ..
    Have no way of knowing about people using the Range itself.

Tennessee cases
    Confirmed 31,830+670
    Deaths 493 +10
    Recovered 20,710 +648

I live in Sumner County
    Sumner County cases
    Confirmed 1,112+7
    Deaths 48
    Recovered 463+12
    Confined indoor space, no masks? definitely not.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    Confined indoor space, no masks? definitely not.
    Thank you for the fast reply ! I was going to go today but will wait till next week.
    They opened a outdoor range in Kentucky about 25 mins away.
    Thanks again.

Thank you for the fast reply ! I was going to go today but will wait till next week.
    Thanks again.
    No problem. I'd say regardless of employee precautions etc, I'd take an outdoor range over an indoor range any day (for lots of reasons).

If the outdoor range in KY is set up such that you can get about 6 feet between you and other shooting parties I think you'll be OK. Even better if the have an action pistol bay type setup where you could camp out in a single bay by yourself. That is what I do at my range, couldn't be safer.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    No problem. I'd say regardless of employee precautions etc, I'd take an outdoor range over an indoor range any day (for lots of reasons).

If the outdoor range in KY is set up such that you can get about 6 feet between you and other shooting parties I think you'll be OK. Even better if the have an action pistol bay type setup where you could camp out in a single bay by yourself. That is what I do at my range, couldn't be safer.
    I called you have to make an appointment to use his range.
    So it sounds like there is not much traffic there with others walking around.

Thanks again.
    The outdoor range is probably the way to go. I saw a data point that said something along the lines of there only being one confirmed case of spread outdoors in one of the countries in Asia, maybe S Korea or Hong Kong. While it's obviously not zero risk, I get the impression that the risk is relatively low outdoors with proper social distancing and taking other precautions.

The risk can probably be mitigated even more if you're wearing a mask, and making sure you don't touch your eyes/mouth and washing hands while at the range, showering and changing clothes after you shoot. Those actions with the exception of the mask are things I tried to do anyways prior to COVID to minimize risk of lead exposure and contamination.

I don't go to a lot of indoor ranges, but the modern ones usually have pretty good ventilation, because of lead. The breeze practically ruffles your hair, and IIUC goes from the line towards the targets and then through HEPA filters. I'd think that makes them fairly COVID-safe, at least with a little care about touching things and hand sanitizer.

If it is one of the old not-really-ventilated ones, then it's not safe for covid or lead :-(

Site Supporter
    The emerging face of COVID: Younger patients, more cases, but fewer deaths

But it’s worth considering another hypothesis as well: What if more of the people who are now testing positive for COVID-19 just happen to be the sort of people — namely, younger people — who are less likely to die from it?
    Republican governors have been making this argument in recent days. “One of the reasons [for the surge] that we have learned from multiple reports across the state of Texas is that there are certain counties where a majority of the people who are testing positive in that county are under the age of 30,” Texas Gov. Greg Abbott said Tuesday.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

User Tag List