Page 338 of 530 FirstFirst ... 238288328336337338339340348388438 ... LastLast
Results 3,371 to 3,380 of 5294

Thread: Coronavirus thread

Quote Originally Posted by ccmdfd View Post
    You'd have to start off with two patients whose ideal body weight (based on age and gender and height) is the same.
    You then have to hope that the effects on each patient's lungs are the same (how hard are they hit, how stiff are they), and they both have to improve or worsen at the same time and rate.
    Then you have to hope that one of them doesn't get a superinfection with MRSA or other nasties.
    All the while you are completely guessing what the ventilator is doing to each particular patient. That is unless they have invented some new whizbang gizmo which can monitor each patient separately.

cc
    Thanks for the explanation. That sounds like a no-go to me...as a layman

I've already told my wife that if it comes down to me being one of the unlucky ones in a hospital bed alongside a young person who has their whole life ahead of them, it'll be time to make the doctor's decision easier for them. (Unless it's obvious that the young person is an unrepentant miscreant.)

I don't wanna go...but under that set of circumstances it would be a choice I feel obligated to make.
    Dare to speak the truth

TOLERATED BY STEPHANIE LittleLebowski's Avatar
    Just passed 100k infected in the US.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I've already told my wife that if it comes down to me being one of the unlucky ones in a hospital bed alongside a young person who has their whole life ahead of them, it'll be time to make the doctor's decision easier for them. (Unless it's obvious that the young person is an unrepentant miscreant.)

I don't wanna go...but under that set of circumstances it would be a choice I feel obligated to make.
    Looks like you all just got a stay at home order. I think it will happen here too.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    My friend was quoted $7/ea by a reseller in LA who had a warehouse of 500k.

How much were they before all this happened? Our lab bought a bunch for the work we do with MRSA. I want to say they were about $1 or $0.50 each...?
    Pretty sure it was like 10-12 bucks for a box of 20 so it was well under 75 cents each.

Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    Looks like you all just got a stay at home order. I think it will happen here too.
    I'm unaware. I just came from town a while ago where we can get curbside pickup of take-out. But we're pretty much living a quiet life as has been our practice for quite some time, (years), since we stopped shutting bars down on the weekend.
    Dare to speak the truth

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    N95s and testing reagents are still very much in short supply, for what it's worth. Testing is improving, but Denver has a critical PPE shortage (as does every other major city in the US it seems). PPE in the hospitals is for certain low, but for Fire/Police/EMS and testing personnel it is almost non-existent out here.
    At my wife's hospital they are wearing masks made by the community. Everyone in the hospital is required to mask up. These masks are not PPE, that is of course required for those with patient contact. It seems to be a slightly different policy everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post

You're a good man.

Say, can I have some of your knives?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondering Beard View Post
    We tend to find out more about China's "truth in numbers" through other seemingly irrelevant news and numbers. For example:
    China Shuts Down All Cinemas, Again
    Name:  E067736F-39FC-424F-BD1B-4E215C088916.jpeg
Views: 334
Size:  20.2 KB

In other news, Boris Johnson and Prince Charles have it.

https://www.spokesman.com/stories/20...positive-for-/

User Tag List