Page 332 of 530 FirstFirst ... 232282322330331332333334342382432 ... LastLast
Results 3,311 to 3,320 of 5294

Thread: Coronavirus thread

  1. #3311
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    We can send them to the Kennedy Center. That got enough money to install lots of Ventilators.
    They did just get a shit ton of money in that stimulus bill, no qualms with your idea!

  2. #3312
    Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    If there is anything positive to come out of this catastrophe, I hope it is that the good idea fairies, corporate bean counters and professional administrative brown nosers of this world find themselves permanently out of a job.
    Not a chance. The biggest issue will be shoulder injuries from self back patting. They are where they are from not doing hard things, staying out of the ugly, and taking credit for the positive work of others and blaming the negatives on the front line people.....who often were failures because of failures to rain, equip, retain and hire by the exact same folks.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

  3. #3313
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    SATX
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    When the doctors and surgeons treating these folks are calling for them, I take them at their word. I don't think it's because they own stock in the manufacturers.

    I mean we may as well question the need for gloves, masks, sterile gauze, etc. Just rub a little dirt on it and soldier on.

    Whose word should we be taking if not the experts on the front line?

    Or maybe we can just take some of the drugs he was so fond of promoting before any testing was accomplished, and get back to work by Easter.
    I agree they need what they need and should have it, but I also know that in times like these when the Gov't tap is opened, entities tend to use it for all it's worth.

    I would just like to see the specifics as to how they arrived at that number.

  4. #3314
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    When the doctors and surgeons treating these folks are calling for them, I take them at their word. I don't think it's because they own stock in the manufacturers.

    I mean we may as well question the need for gloves, masks, sterile gauze, etc. Just rub a little dirt on it and soldier on.

    Whose word should we be taking if not the experts on the front line?

    Or maybe we can just take some of the drugs he was so fond of promoting before any testing was accomplished, and get back to work by Easter.
    Always Listen to the Guy on the Ground

  5. #3315
    Site Supporter ccmdfd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Southeastern NC
    deleted, posted in error

    cc

  6. #3316
    Site Supporter ccmdfd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Southeastern NC
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    Not a chance. The biggest issue will be shoulder injuries from self back patting. They are where they are from not doing hard things, staying out of the ugly, and taking credit for the positive work of others and blaming the negatives on the front line people.....who often were failures because of failures to rain, equip, retain and hire by the exact same folks.
    10 to 1 after all this is over, these will be the people who I'll get either massive bonuses, big promotions, or both.

    Not so much for the actual people doing the actual work

  7. #3317
    STAFF Nephrology's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Mountain West
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    Not a chance. The biggest issue will be shoulder injuries from self back patting. They are where they are from not doing hard things, staying out of the ugly, and taking credit for the positive work of others and blaming the negatives on the front line people.....who often were failures because of failures to rain, equip, retain and hire by the exact same folks.
    Yeah... you are probably right about this. Peter principle at work...

  8. #3318
    For those skeptical about the numbers from China......
    ---------------------------------------------
    A spate of mysterious second-time infections is calling into question the accuracy of COVID-19 diagnostic tools even as China prepares to lift quarantine measures to allow residents to leave the epicenter of its outbreak next month. It's also raising concerns of a possible second wave of cases.

    From March 18-22, the Chinese city of Wuhan reported no new cases of the virus through domestic transmission that is, infection passed on from one person to another. The achievement was seen as a turning point in efforts to contain the virus, which has infected more than 80,000 people in China. Wuhan was particularly hard-hit, with more than half of all confirmed cases in the country.

    But some Wuhan residents who had tested positive earlier and then recovered from the disease are testing positive for the virus a second time. Based on data from several quarantine facilities in the city, which house patients for further observation after their discharge from hospitals, about 5%-10% of patients pronounced "recovered" have tested positive again.

    Some of those who retested positive appear to be asymptomatic carriers those who carry the virus and are possibly infectious but do not exhibit any of the illness's associated symptoms suggesting that the outbreak in Wuhan is not close to being over.

    https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsan...-then-positive

  9. #3319
    Site Supporter ccmdfd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Southeastern NC
    Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    Here are a few quotes to get your blood pressure up this morning. Source

    Great, now I need a Valium.

    Could you not consider it as an assault if an administrator ripped a mask off your face? I hate to think of how I would react if one of our administrators did that to me

  10. #3320
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    SATX
    Quote Originally Posted by ccmdfd View Post
    Great, now I need a Valium.

    Could you not consider it as an assault if an administrator ripped a mask off your face? I hate to think of how I would react if one of our administrators did that to me
    Maybe a few anonymous emails to the press would be in order

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •