Page 350 of 725 FirstFirst ... 250300340348349350351352360400450 ... LastLast
Results 3,491 to 3,500 of 7244

Thread: Coronavirus thread

Site Supporter Maple Syrup Actual's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Yeah, that’s probably the worst symptom alright.
    certainly seems like the most lasting consequence, anyway

Worldometer 9pm 3/29/2020

Name:  0329.jpg
Views: 482
Size:  56.3 KB
    Name:  0329_2.JPG
Views: 515
Size:  48.8 KB

I don't even know why they have China on the board anymore.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    People in NYC need to stop circulating in public and traveling to other states. Call it stricter enforcement, quarantine, whatever.
    I'm in NYC. I've been walking, A LOT, by most people's standards, all around. I have to say it's my impression that the vast majority of NYCers have been self-quarantining. It's amazing how quiet the streets are. Now, with a city of 8.6 million, if even 5% ignore that, it's still a big number, I'll grant you. But I'm already seeing a lot of hate directed at NY state and the city online in very broad brush strokes that really doesn't apply to the vast majority of people here. The cell phone tracking, MTA ridership, and traffic data bear this out. Just saying...

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe S View Post
    I'm in NYC. I've been walking, A LOT, by most people's standards, all around. I have to say it's my impression that the vast majority of NYCers have been self-quarantining. It's amazing how quiet the streets are. Now, with a city of 8.6 million, if even 5% ignore that, it's still a big number, I'll grant you. But I'm already seeing a lot of hate directed at NY state and the city online in very broad brush strokes that really doesn't apply to the vast majority of people here. The cell phone tracking, MTA ridership, and traffic data bear this out. Just saying...
    Thank you for sharing that information. I'm very glad to hear it. Best wishes for you and everyone there. I wish that we could all do more to help each other.

Quote Originally Posted by misanthropist View Post
    certainly seems like the most lasting consequence, anyway
    Unless...
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe S View Post
    Gov. Lamont (CT) says that Metro-North ridership is off by 95%. (Metro-North is the commuter railroad along the coast from NYC to New Haven.)
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    AZ has some large retirement communities also. Most are near Phoenix I think, at least they were when I lived there. I just looked at Maricopa Co. and they seem to have relatively low case numbers, <600. But we had low case numbers also when it first started. Now we're like #5 on the hit parade.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sun_City,_Arizona
    Quote Originally Posted by Balisong View Post
    I'm frankly astonished Sun City (10 minutes north of me) hasn't been wiped off the map by this already
    Is there anyone left there? My folks winter in Surprise, AZ. They said the Canadians headed out as soon as the word got out. My folks left mid March and will finish their quarantine on April 2nd. They currently have zero signs of anything. They basically said that their retirement community was a ghost town by March 18th.

My daughter is a flight nurse at our university hospital. She said medical workers there are getting threats while walking to and from their parking areas and lots of them are afraid it's going to get sporty for real. Supposedly fear that they are spreading this crap. I sent her a some Sabre Red in a couple of different carry configurations and told her her walk in groups. Pisses me the hell off that they're a NPE in times like these, but it's a job that's best not lost since she worked for 12 years to get it. Anyone else dealing with this crap?

User Tag List