Page 624 of 725 FirstFirst ... 124524574614622623624625626634674724 ... LastLast
Results 6,231 to 6,240 of 7244

Thread: Coronavirus thread

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    Cases are way up but the death rate of patients is down according to NPR. This is a month ago.

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-...19-death-rates
    I wonder how much of the progress made in improving the treatment and outcomes will be offset by the fact that ICU and medical personnel capacity will max out then result in spiking deaths from Covid and other diseases...

Quote Originally Posted by scw2 View Post
    I wonder how much of the progress made in improving the treatment and outcomes will be offset by the fact that ICU and medical personnel capacity will max out then result in spiking deaths from Covid and other diseases...
    That question might be better directed to the people here who know a lot more about that than me.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

For those interested...

Mortality in Norway and Sweden before and after the Covid-19 outbreak: a cohort study

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1....11.20229708v1

I have also read (can't recall where, but seemed credible) that the mutations are making it milder. Not as much chance of transmission with a strain that takes out the host . . .

That's great news if true

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Deaths lag hospital admissions by about 3-4 weeks. There will be a lot more deaths to come.

I am going for a run so I can travel to eat Turkey with the fam. I know I am evil but fuck I am not going to be locked down because some stupid doctor who "practices" medicine vice talking with my Infectious disease doctor friends that said this is blown out of proportion and we need to open up gyms because obesity and covid is actually worse than if you are healthy. I guess I need to be scared because XYZ liberal media tells me so instead of taking care of myself. You do you and I will do me. No issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    Deaths lag hospital admissions by about 3-4 weeks. There will be a lot more deaths to come.
    Yeah, that's what has me worried since people aren't seeing the crazy death statistics yet so they're going to be overly lax during thanksgiving. Looking at some high level numbers in some areas we're reaching the peaks reached in spring, which is after 3-4 weeks of shutdowns and as we were heading into summertime. Now we're blowing past those numbers without 3-4 weeks of shutdowns, and winter weather and holiday season coming.

And if the spread of COVID goes exponential and max out the capacity for the medical system to treat patients, then we'll start seeing rates of negative outcomes creep back up across the board.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ffhounddog View Post
    some stupid doctor who "practices" medicine vice talking with my Infectious disease doctor friends that said this is blown out of proportion
    If you're going to lie, at least be convincing, and maybe avoid insulting the providers who have shared their own (real, non fictitious) experiences treating COVID-19 patients in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    If you're going to lie, at least be convincing, and maybe avoid insulting the providers who have shared their own (real, non fictitious) experiences treating COVID-19 patients in this thread.
    I am not. You need to remember there is more than one way to defeat a virus. I gave doctors that I use as a basis and they think it’s overblown unless you have other issues and the one common part is being sedentary. So you do you. I am Not going to be living in fear because doctors want to be Gods and be know it all’s when they gave me like 6 meds when I hust had the normal fucking flu but the meds made me sicker because they thought it was something else. Since then I go with real experts not General Practiniors. Maybe you need to talk to doctors as HHS and ones that do this stuff overseas with Ebola and the like. I believe them over people in their cozy offices day in and day out.

User Tag List