Page 143 of 725 FirstFirst ... 4393133141142143144145153193243643 ... LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,430 of 7244

Thread: Coronavirus thread

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    I don't even know what to say. Why Europe. Why UK is exempt. UK citizens, or anyone on a flight from UK. Why not Korea. Where are the test kits. Why no domestic travel restrictions from and to cluster areas.
    Domestic travel restrictions are legally more complicated for the feds, especially intrastate travel.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    Covid test takes 3 days.
    This is one of the big failures right here. This test takes ~3 hours not 3-days. It only takes 3-days if you follow the incompetent protocols pushed by the CDC. Any developmental biology lab that does gene expression could probably run this test. Of which there are hundreds in the United States, maybe thousands. Obviously, any well equipped and trained lab at a hospital could do the same.

We should have covid-19 testing available at every Urgent Care and fucking CVS Minute Clinics.

We could literally be testing 10,000+ a day and we're testing dozens.

We have failed in this regard. By ignoring this and allowing asymptomatic or low symptom individuals to wander around infecting us all.

We have further failed from a cultural stand point by having stupid philosophies about these types of things (Gobert and "over-reaction" above, oh cruel hubris...).

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Newportl View Post
    Really? That's a thing for you? Are you referring to the opposition's response or reality?
    If you think I'm in the mood to play stupid red team/blue team games, you're about to be very disappointed

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    If you think I'm in the mood to play stupid red team/blue team games, you're about to be very disappointed
    You clearly did, via your initial Katrina/Bush comment. Quit your bullshit.

Prefer to talk in person? I also live in "the gateway to the west".

I'm gonna be real impolite here.

Get the fuck out of here with this shit.

Seriously.

EDIT: If we want to talk specifically about the political fallout re: GOP - whatever - take it to the Coronavirus Political Thread.

The political discussions here are being driven by medical professionals about what could have been done differently or what could be done differently. And I for one, really want to hear what these guys have to say about it, because I want to help. I'm not a medical doctor and I don't play one on TV, but I know something about/do developmental biology and train the occasional biomedical person. So, I'd really like to follow what the fuck is going on, to figure out how I can best help, besides stand on the sideline. It's too late in many respects, so I also have to follow and make notes on how to prepare for the next time this shit occurs.

So, do me a favor and take that shit to the Coronavirus Political Thread.

EDIT 2.0: Also, I should note - this thing has actually taken me a bit by surprise. You'll see a change in my tone here in this thread - initially I thought, like many of us did, that this would behave similar to H1N1 from an epidemiological stand point. It is clearly not and things are worse than I initially thought them to be. I too, have to admit my hubris about this virus. I'll be eating those words for quite a while as I work through my own thoughts and philosophies and importantly think about how this will impact my future work. It may not seem like it, but a lot is going on behind my screen and I have a notebook filled with notes on this already.
    Last edited by RevolverRob; 03-11-2020 at 10:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    I'm gonna be real impolite here.

Seriously.

EDIT: If we want to talk specifically about the political fallout re: GOP - whatever - take it to the Coronavirus Political Thread.

The political discussions here are being driven by medical professionals about what could have been done differently or what could be done differently. And I for one, really want to hear what these guys have to say about it, because I want to help. I'm not a medical doctor and I don't play one on TV, but I know something about/do developmental biology and train the occasional biomedical person. So, I'd really like to follow what the fuck is going on, to figure out how I can best help, besides stand on the sideline.

So, do me a favor and take that shit to the Coronavirus Political Thread.
    RevolverRob, point taken. Political points in the other thread.

Who started us down that path? Everyone needs to be held to the same standard, even (and perhaps especially) resident nephrologists.

Quote Originally Posted by joshs View Post
    Domestic travel restrictions are legally more complicated for the feds, especially intrastate travel.
    I'll fully trust you on that, Josh, this is way outside of my area. Would the feds have to go to a state and ask them to implement that?

Closer to the topic of shooting and pistols, if I can carve out the time tomorrow, I am going to give the USPSA a call.

Methinks they ought to send a message and advice clubs to cancel the matches. If they left it to the clubs, that's unlikely to happen unless any specific location has an outbreak, by which time it will be too late.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Since I'm gonna be (its inevitable) out in the trenches, does anybody know how to load this for 9mm?

I found out earlier that we cant even test locally. It has to go to Raleigh 5 hours away. I feel doomed.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar

Lol, sorry, 8th grade was a long time ago. Good luck in high school!

Site Supporter Maple Syrup Actual's Avatar
    Come on, man, that's not cool. This is a discussion, people should be able to disagree without it getting spun up and physical.

User Tag List