Page 142 of 725 FirstFirst ... 4292132140141142143144152192242642 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,420 of 7244

Thread: Coronavirus thread

Quote Originally Posted by Chance View Post
    Trump just suspended all travel from Europe to the US. Excludes the UK. Effective for 30 days.

I don't even know what to say. Why Europe. Why UK is exempt. UK citizens, or anyone on a flight from UK. Why not Korea. Where are the test kits. Why no domestic travel restrictions from and to cluster areas.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    I don't even know what to say. Why Europe. Why UK is exempt. UK citizens, or anyone on a flight from UK. Why not Korea. Where are the test kits. Why no domestic travel restrictions from and to cluster areas.
    Because stock markets.

Site Supporter
    Cutting off all contact with Europe for 30 days is one thing, But in America when they shut down a waffle house shit is about to get real.

https://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/che...f0631n9_PWNZ8w

England isn't listed on the high risk list of nations as of yet. Italy is and being part of the continental EU there is a good risk that its spread to other countries prior to Italy stopping travel. No idea what the testing rate on the continent is at the time, so its not inconceivable that they are up to their eyeballs in it already. That is the only logical reason I can think of at this time, so its probably not why. Will see who cries racism first and which judge offers an injunction. If nobody screams PC BS then its cause it was the only are that wouldn't raise the specter of racism.

Not sure what the deal is with SK. Does SK already have its own ban in place so the US banning travel would be meaningless??

The test kits are coming and they wile super awesome.... Decades of CDC crap time spent on studying lesbian obesity, gun violence, global warming... take a toll. Some of those virologists had to make room for the gender bender Phd group.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post

Utah Jazz center Rudy Gobert tested positive for covid-19 at the Jazz/OKC game - why the game was canceled. NBA has suspended the remainder of the season. The Utah Jazz and Oklahoma City Thunder teams are quarantined in the OKC Arena.
    At a press conference Monday, Gobert attempted to make a point about overreaction and fear by touching everything in sight before he left. He leaned over and touched all of the microphones and recorders...

...therefore leaving the virus on every piece of equipment he touched. Well done, bro.

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    So for the non-medical layman, who should we be pissed at and why? CDC? Hospital Admin? .gov? All of the above?

Gov and CDC. If Korea can test 10,000 people a day, then we should be able to test as many, if not more. We're testing only clinically suspicious cases, according to CDC rules, I forgot the term they used in today's yet another instructional email. Instead we should be looking for asymptomatic carriers that walk freely in communities. We likely should have quarantined King and Snohomish counties. He's banned people from EU? Just Skype'd with mom, there is no ban on entry from Russia, a country that tests no one for COVID19, will not test anyone, and has a 2600 mile border with China.
    All that stuff is a nonsense.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Did not expect the NBA to suspend their season, but good on them. Need more companies, states and cities to step up and start forcing social distancing where possible.

Also heard the diocese in Seattle is suspending in person mass. Other places of worship should get on board.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    With Tom Hanks and the NBA this is now officially in every US household.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    This is far worse than Bush and Katrina. This is catastrophic for Trump and the GOP.

At a press conference Monday, Gobert attempted to make a point about overreaction and fear by touching everything in sight before he left. He leaned over and touched all of the microphones and recorders...

...therefore leaving the virus on every piece of equipment he touched. Well done, bro.

Gov and CDC. If Korea can test 10,000 people a day, then we should be able to test as many, if not more. We're testing only clinically suspicious cases, according to CDC rules, I forgot the term they used in today's yet another instructional email. Instead we should be looking for asymptomatic carriers that walk freely in communities. We likely should have quarantined King and Snohomish counties. He's banned people from EU? Just Skype'd with mom, there is no ban on entry from Russia, a country that tests no one for COVID19, will not test anyone, and has a 2600 mile border with China.
    All that stuff is a nonsense.
    Past containment and moving on to mitigation is what I heard. Not every sick person gets tested even with flu like symptoms. You have to be emergency intake here. Most people can't distinguish the flu from covid so how the hell are they supposed to know when they should check into emergency. The flu isn't generally an emergency, at least not in younger people. And yes they should have quarantined us, but they didn't. My guess is too big of an impact on the local economy. Not too bad for us but the rest of the country is going to get hammered because of that. People who are positive are still getting on flights from Seatac to NY. Some estimate 1000 cases walking around here unaware and the state doesn't want to test. That's the height of stupidity. We have clinics here called urgent care that takes the load off of hospital emergency. That's where you go with the flu. You won't get tested for Covid there but they tell you if you have the flu or not. Covid test takes 3 days. If you don't self quarantine you just gave it to a bunch of other people. Insanity.

I don't know, one of us may have it right now because of our social gatherings the last few days. You can bet your ass if I feel sick I'm heading for emergency.
    Last edited by Borderland; 03-11-2020 at 10:26 PM.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    Bush and Katrina
    Really? That's a thing for you? Are you referring to the opposition's response or reality?

User Tag List