Page 4 of 725 FirstFirst ... 234561454104504 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus thread

Quote Originally Posted by pangloss View Post
    That report is from a Chinese group and rather speculative (based on analysis genomic sequence and codon usage and not on experiments like, say, checking to see if the virus can infect snakes). Offhand, I can't think of any viruses that can infect warm-blooded AND cold-blooded animals. Relatively small changes in temperature, like fever for example, can have big in vivo effects.

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk
    There’s also this (non-scientific) report. Yuck.

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/wor...tAt9UnxAHX3Dss

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Q: What goes with a corona virus?

A: Lyme disease.

”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

This is not a reason to stock-up on ammo, short stocks, or put all of your assets in gold. If you were praying for a calamity to thin the urban heard ahead of the 2020 election, you’ll need to keep praying for the meteor.

However, rest assured that it will cost us hundreds of billions in terms of lost productivity, misallocated resources, and a general media-perpetuated hysteria.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    This is not a reason to stock-up on ammo, short stocks, or put all of your assets in gold. If you were praying for a calamity to thin the urban heard ahead of the 2020 election, you’ll need to keep praying for the meteor.

However, rest assured that it will cost us hundreds of billions in terms of lost productivity, misallocated resources, and a general media-perpetuated hysteria.
    At least it's more real than anthropomorphic global warming.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

The chinese are trying to isolate 40 million people, and are rushing to build a dedicated hospital with 1,000 beds in 10 days.

There must be fear of something behind all this expense.

Quote Originally Posted by TiroFijo View Post
    The chinese are trying to isolate 40 million people, and are rushing to build a dedicated hospital with 1,000 beds in 10 days.

There must be fear of something behind all this expense.
    So that means they'll have to exterminate how many of their citizens who don't fit into the hospital...?
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar

I bet we'll see a spike in coronavirus-themed R01 applications going to the NIAID

Student
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    So that means they'll have to exterminate how many of their citizens who don't fit into the hospital...?
    From what little I know of speaking to expats and foreign exchange teachers, the hospital may as well be the extermination site.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    I bet we'll see a spike in coronavirus-themed R01 applications going to the NIAID
    I said the same thing in passing to one of our grants officers. They responded with, "We have two labs here prepping R01s with a coronavirus slant."

This isn't much different than a politician saying, "Never let a good crisis go to waste."

Thanks a lot buzz killington. I was totally going to use this an excuse to get some more shit.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

User Tag List