Page 658 of 725 FirstFirst ... 158558608648656657658659660668708 ... LastLast
Results 6,571 to 6,580 of 7244

Thread: Coronavirus thread

Quote Originally Posted by Dog Guy View Post
    Pop over to https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....wn-rules/page2 to see that disconnect right here on PF. There's a solid mix of legitimately calling out "leaders" who make shut down orders that aren't based on any real science but hypocritically don't follow their own orders, plus right wing posturing not based on any real science, plus other threads bagging on restrictions on private gatherings (which seem to actually be a serious source of spread), plus bragging about how to fake a mask, plus...
    That thread... SMFH.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Only thing I know is that violating my rights is no small feat but to keep people I do not give a shit about safe I need to wear a fucking mask because of fat asses who never leave the couch. I was wondering why my doctor is telling me to drink less bourbon but he is at least 60 pounds over weight. Fuck you fat ass.

Quote Originally Posted by ffhounddog View Post
    Only thing I know is that violating my rights is no small feat but to keep people I do not give a shit about safe I need to wear a fucking mask because of fat asses who never leave the couch. I was wondering why my doctor is telling me to drink less bourbon but he is at least 60 pounds over weight. Fuck you fat ass.
    Wow... you are truly a model citizen.

People who don’t care about avoiding infection and are business as usual, contract the virus and spread it to others because they won’t wear a fucking mask. That’s what we are seeing here, and I suspect other places.

I’ve said it before, I’d be ok with triaging care for people who contract Covid by being stupid.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...

Quote Originally Posted by TiroFijo View Post
    Wow... you are truly a model citizen.
    99.5% survival rate. I have been around worse stuff in my life. Ebola, Anthrax, and a few other really nasty things and the thing that tears down my life around me is a cold virus. I workout, I move around, I eat healthish and some over weight doctor has the gaul to say well to save my life you should do XYZ.

Name:  5j6nxtx8ele41.jpg
Views: 274
Size:  56.8 KBName:  coronavirus-and-obesity.jpg
Views: 284
Size:  39.7 KBName:  4kjfqf.jpg
Views: 263
Size:  64.1 KB

99.5% survival rate. I have been around worse stuff in my life. Ebola, Anthrax, and a few other really nasty things and the thing that tears down my life around me is a cold virus. I workout, I move around, I eat healthish and some over weight doctor has the gaul to say well to save my life you should do XYZ.
    I’m glad you’re so pure and better than everyone else... let’s make a deal that if you get it, you won’t seek treatment since it’s so minor. Ok?
    Ken

Hammertime
    So have we given up on Ivermectin? It seems to be touted in some circles. I am ignorant of any studies pro or con.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Glock View Post
    So have we given up on Ivermectin? It seems to be touted in some circles. I am ignorant of any studies pro or con.
    This is what UpToDate has to say:

Ivermectin – Ivermectin has also been proposed as a potential therapy based on in vitro activity against SARS-CoV-2, but the drug levels used in vitro far exceed those achieved in vivo with safe drug doses [128]; various clinical trials of ivermectin are underway.
    I'm not really getting my hopes up, to be honest. I am highly skeptical of most of the re-purposed therapeutics for COVID-19 with the exception of decadron, which has the best evidence to date and a demonstrated effect on mortality. If I remember correctly, the number needed to treat to prevent mortality was something like 8, which is impressive.

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    This is what UpToDate has to say:

I'm not really getting my hopes up, to be honest. I am highly skeptical of most of the re-purposed therapeutics for COVID-19 with the exception of decadron, which has the best evidence to date and a demonstrated effect on mortality. If I remember correctly, the number needed to treat to prevent mortality was something like 8, which is impressive.
    I was asked by a friend to comment on this:

<iframe width=512 height=330 src='https://www.c-span.org/video/standalone/?507035-1/senate-homeland-security-committee-holds-hearing-covid-19-pandemic' allowfullscreen='allowfullscreen' frameborder=0></iframe>

Go to around 30-35 min. Dr Kory pushes strongly for it and seems to infer they have the clinical numbers. I don't particularly like his demeanor and generally don't trust people who push miracle drugs. But he is a pulmonologist treating this disease, not some Naturopath.

Hammertime
    I can't edit that post for some reason. I also can't seem to embed it. Geez I suck at HTML.

https://www.c-span.org/video/standal...id-19-pandemic

https://www.c-span.org/video/?507035...id-19-pandemic

User Tag List