Page 702 of 725 FirstFirst ... 202602652692700701702703704712 ... LastLast
Results 7,011 to 7,020 of 7244

Thread: Coronavirus thread

I also want to point out that I took two blood samples, and everything was under my doctor's guidance.

It was not like: "I'll isolate and take it easy for ten days and everything will be OK".

That may be a perfectly fine course of action for a healthy 30 YO, but perhaps not for us boomers no matter how strong we think we are.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    https://xkcd.com/2434/

I get my second shot on Friday; I should look for a bike helmet. And a bike.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Site Supporter
    Checking in on a Texas school district where the schools never closed

When it came time for classes to start in August, Peaster simply ignored most of the mandates. They continued their classes as usual. For both teachers and students alike, if you wanted to wear a mask you were free to do so. If not, you didn’t. It was as simple as that. They didn’t move the student’s desks any further apart. Nobody was learning “remotely” unless that’s what the families wanted to do. People came and went as they wished. So what happened? As the local CBS News outlet reports… pretty much nothing.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

After smouldering for a year, PNG is now getting hit by Covid.

The hard part is that founding father Sir Michael Somare just passed away, and most of the country is gathering for official mourning. This isn't going to help.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Ivermectin did not improve symptoms in mild COVID-19 infection.

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jam...rticle/2777389

Additional studies are needed to determine if there is a benefit in severe infection.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

A PSA of sorts and advice request from any of the P-F professionals.

My son-in-law had COVID a few months ago. Pretty nasty case but didn't require hospitalization, I personally think he got very close to being hospitalized though, they were treating him for full blown pneumonia at the end of it. He finally shook it off and returned to work after roughly 5 weeks.

He's in his early '40s and in excellent shape, he works out seriously and it shows. Shortly before COVID he was doing pushups with each of his his feet and hands on top of a medicine ball. He even used to be vegetarian but meeting my daughter and smelling bacon on a regular basis fixed that.

Creatine level (last I heard was 1.7) and has been creeping higher and higher and protein in his urine also. All other labs are good. His doctor told him to ditch all his supplements awhile back but things didn't improve.

He got bad news today. 70% scarring on a kidney biopsy. They are probably going to be doing dialysis soon and an eventual kidney transplant. They are going to try chemo and long term steroids to prolong the life of his kidneys but they (2 different nephrologists) aren't even sure that it will be beneficial. He's had no issues or history prior to COVID and they are pointing to it as the cause. I'm not seeing any good outcome here.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan1980 View Post

My son-in-law had COVID a few months ago. Pretty nasty case but didn't require hospitalization, I personally think he got very close to being hospitalized though, they were treating him for full blown pneumonia at the end of it. He finally shook it off and returned to work after roughly 5 weeks.

He's in his early '40s and in excellent shape, he works out seriously and it shows. Shortly before COVID he was doing pushups with each of his his feet and hands on top of a medicine ball. He even used to be vegetarian but meeting my daughter and smelling bacon on a regular basis fixed that.

Creatine level (last I heard was 1.7) and has been creeping higher and higher and protein in his urine also. All other labs are good. His doctor told him to ditch all his supplements awhile back but things didn't improve.

He got bad news today. 70% scarring on a kidney biopsy. They are probably going to be doing dialysis soon and an eventual kidney transplant. They are going to try chemo and long term steroids to prolong the life of his kidneys but they (2 different nephrologists) aren't even sure that it will be beneficial. He's had no issues or history prior to COVID and they are pointing to it as the cause. I'm not seeing any good outcome here.
    Ugly. Unfortunately even good health was not a silver bullet for an unfortunate few. The Long Haul is real for too many.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    After smouldering for a year, PNG is now getting hit by Covid.

The hard part is that founding father Sir Michael Somare just passed away, and most of the country is gathering for official mourning. This isn't going to help.
    And we're having another nation wide shutdown. Australia is flying in a few thousand doses of the AZ vaccine for medical workers, plus some PPE.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DrkBlue View Post
    Ugly. Unfortunately even good health was not a silver bullet for an unfortunate few. The Long Haul is real for too many.
    There was some reporting yesterday that a preliminary study is showing that about a third of the Long Haulers felt perceptively better after being vaccinated.

Which brings me to a point that I find myself having to keep making to people in IRL: Guidance changes, recommendations change because this is a brand new disease. It's a modern marvel in itself that the vaccine makers were able to produce mRNA vaccines and scale them up to be able to make billions of doses.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

so sorry to hear of this. Hoping for the best for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan1980 View Post

User Tag List