Page 724 of 725 FirstFirst ... 224624674714722723724725 LastLast
Results 7,231 to 7,240 of 7244

Thread: Coronavirus thread

Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    To all you medical folks on the forum, Ivermectin treatment for covid. Have you heard of this?
    https://covid19criticalcare.com/
    https://www.mountainhomemag.com/2021...-cracked-covid

Attachment 72062
    OFF SCRIPT! There is no treatment that will work!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    Interesting, but not yet peer-reviewed study on efficacy of mask mandates in reducing spread of Covid.

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1...85v1.full-text
    If anything, shows how hard to study this stuff. I got a headache trying to read through it. One thing I noticed was only 10% difference in mask use between early mandate vs other states. Dunno if 10% difference in mask use is enough to lead to a difference in cases. The way I interpreted the study, if case growth was low, the masks could've been helpful but when it was high, the cat was outta the bag. I mentioned in this thread about year ago, when I scrutinized the data behind mask mandate of my own org, I found it less desirable in strength. In retrospect, I still support the masking when we didn't know much about the disease, didn't know how to treat it, and, above all, didn't have the vaccines. I think that reasonably high vaccination rates have made masks irrelevant.

Fall-Winter mask use was ∼10% higher in early mandate states than in late and no mandate states (Holm-Šídák p≤0.001; Fig 1B), confirming that mandates promote greater mask use. Contrary to our hypothesis, early mandates were not associated with lower minimum case growth (Mann-Whitney p=0.087; Fig 1C).

I
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    If anything, shows how hard to study this stuff. I got a headache trying to read through it. One thing I noticed was only 10% difference in mask use between early mandate vs other states. Dunno if 10% difference in mask use is enough to lead to a difference in cases. The way I interpreted the study, if case growth was low, the masks could've been helpful but when it was high, the cat was outta the bag. I mentioned in this thread about year ago, when I scrutinized the data behind mask mandate of my own org, I found it less desirable in strength. In retrospect, I still support the masking when we didn't know much about the disease, didn't know how to treat it, and, above all, didn't have the vaccines. I think that reasonably high vaccination rates have made masks irrelevant.

Fall-Winter mask use was ∼10% higher in early mandate states than in late and no mandate states (Holm-Šídák p≤0.001; Fig 1B), confirming that mandates promote greater mask use. Contrary to our hypothesis, early mandates were not associated with lower minimum case growth (Mann-Whitney p=0.087; Fig 1C).

I
    I know just enough stats to keep up with reading a study like that (without wanting to stab out my eyeballs at the end), and my conclusion is similar to yours: there is a lot going on, for too much for any one variable to reliably be the sole difference maker, and there’s are a lot more studies to be done before we will be able to see actual real bottom line differences.

Guess we’ll see.

To all you medical folks on the forum, Ivermectin treatment for covid. Have you heard of this?
    https://covid19criticalcare.com/
    https://www.mountainhomemag.com/2021...-cracked-covid

Attachment 72062
    I’m familiar with several of the physicians in the group that you referenced, and especially familiar with Paul Marik’s work.

First, the image that you provided appears to have come from a random number generator - those numbers look to be fake. To the best of my knowledge, there are no RCTs showing an outcome benefit of ivermectin to placebo in patients with COVID. By outcome benefit, I mean improved mortality, ICU course, hospitalization rate, organ function, or symptom severity. There is some pre-clinical data suggesting that ivermectin may lessen viral replication and other non-patient oriented outcomes, but typically at much higher doses than are currently prescribed for its other indications. There are several RCTs currently enrolling mostly in South America and Asia, but their results have not been published yet. The largest RCT comparing it to placebo for prophylaxis in high-risk of exposure healthcare workers was a negative trial. I’ve provided links to this clinical trial in the COVID Politics thread in the members-only section of the forum.

Second, the story that you provided contains false information about Paul Marik and his Vit C protocol that is described here: https://journal.chestnet.org/article...564-3/fulltext. If Marik provided this information, then he is further discrediting his once good reputation.

Marik’s results could not be replicated in a number of studies that are also linked in the P-F members only politics sub-forum. Those include the VICTAS, VITAMINS, and CITRIS-ALI trials. FWIW, I was the site Co-PI for the VICTAS trial at Wake Forest when it was enrolling 2 years ago. One of my professors in medical school, Alpha (Berry) Fowler, was the PI and senior author for CITRIS-ALI. I manage septic shock and ARDS for a living and can honestly say that my colleagues and I are intimately familiar with these topics because we are the researchers who conduct the trials; we talk about them all the time; none of us think that these “miracle” drugs and cocktails work as Marik describes. If there is a benefit, it’s very, very tiny and not a miracle disease buster.
    Last edited by Sensei; 06-01-2021 at 10:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    I’m familiar with several of the physicians in the group that you referenced, and especially familiar with Paul Marik’s work.

First, the image that you provided appears to have come from a random number generator - those numbers look to be fake. To the best of my knowledge, there are no RCTs showing an outcome benefit of ivermectin to placebo in patients with COVID. By outcome benefit, I mean improved mortality, ICU course, hospitalization rate, organ function, or symptom severity. There is some pre-clinical data suggesting that ivermectin may lessen viral replication and other non-patient oriented outcomes, but typically at much higher doses than are currently prescribed for its other indications. There are several RCTs currently enrolling mostly in South America and Asia, but their results have not been published yet. The largest RCT comparing it to placebo for prophylaxis in high-risk of exposure healthcare workers was a negative trial. I’ve provided links to this clinical trial in the COVID Politics thread in the members-only section of the forum.

Second, the story that you provided contains false information about Paul Marik and his Vit C protocol that is described here: https://journal.chestnet.org/article...564-3/fulltext. If Marik provided this information, then he is further discrediting his once good reputation.

Marik’s results could not be replicated in a number of studies that are also linked in the P-F members only politics sub-forum. Those include the VICTAS, VITAMINS, and CITRIS-ALI trials. FWIW, I was the site Co-PI for the VICTAS trial at Wake Forest when it was enrolling 2 years ago. One of my professors in medical school, Alpha (Berry) Fowler, was the PI and senior author for CITRIS-ALI. I manage septic shock and ARDS for a living and can honestly say that my colleagues and I are intimately familiar with these topics because we are the researchers who conduct the trials; we talk about them all the time; none of us think that these “miracle” drugs and cocktails work as Marik describes. If there is a benefit, it’s very, very tiny and not a miracle disease buster.
    Thanks for replying. The chart Im not sure now where it came from. I went to both links and I didnt see it there. I swear so much crap out there about everything not just covid. I should have known better.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Site Supporter
    Thanks for replying. The chart Im not sure now where it came from. I went to both links and I didnt see it there. I swear so much crap out there about everything not just covid. I should have known better.
    To be fair, there seem to be astoundingly well organized attempts to discredit, obfuscate, and slow down progress in the US with regards to treating and preventing COVID. Some people are actively involved in these deceits, others just propogate them without knowing that they're malicious.

Not just the US it would seem. I recently saw an article about a French social media campaign attempt to make the Pfizer vaccine sound dangerous and to make the Sinopharm vaccine seem to be the better option.

It is my sense that some of these things are the product of foreign governments that are hostile to the US and wish to see our economy crippled for as long as possible.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    One positive change to come out of all of this is that social distancing is still a thing at line ups in stores. No matter what you feel about how the situation was handled I don’t see how you could argue against a new cultural norm of staying six feet away from people you don’t know out in public.

Unfortunately it’s getting harder to avoid handshakes. That’s a tradition that I used to appreciate, but ended up not missing at all not having to do with strangers.

“Hello strange person I don’t know, let us touch together our fiilthy dick beaters and ass cleaners in a sign of friendship and trust.” Is a tradition that should have been put aside long ago. Thinking about it like that makes the Asian courteous bow make a lot more sense.
    im strong, i can run faster than train

Site Supporter
    Interesting article in the WSJ, by a couple of scientists.
    Admittedly goes over my head a titch, but:

Such early optimization is unprecedented, and it suggests a long period of adaptation that predated its public spread. Science knows of only one way that could be achieved: simulated natural evolution, growing the virus on human cells until the optimum is achieved. That is precisely what is done in gain-of-function research. Mice that are genetically modified to have the same coronavirus receptor as humans, called “humanized mice,” are repeatedly exposed to the virus to encourage adaptation.

The presence of the double CGG sequence is strong evidence of gene splicing, and the absence of diversity in the public outbreak suggests gain-of-function acceleration. The scientific evidence points to the conclusion that the virus was developed in a laboratory.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-sci...g_now_opn_pos1

From a friend, not attributed but I didn’t look:

It took less than six months for the globe to record more than 1.88 million Covid-19 deaths this year, according to a Wall Street Journal analysis of data collected by Johns Hopkins University. The university’s count for 2021 edged just ahead of the 2020 death toll on Thursday.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by idahojess View Post
    Interesting article in the WSJ, by a couple of scientists.
    Admittedly goes over my head a titch, but:

Such early optimization is unprecedented, and it suggests a long period of adaptation that predated its public spread. Science knows of only one way that could be achieved: simulated natural evolution, growing the virus on human cells until the optimum is achieved. That is precisely what is done in gain-of-function research. Mice that are genetically modified to have the same coronavirus receptor as humans, called “humanized mice,” are repeatedly exposed to the virus to encourage adaptation.

The presence of the double CGG sequence is strong evidence of gene splicing, and the absence of diversity in the public outbreak suggests gain-of-function acceleration. The scientific evidence points to the conclusion that the virus was developed in a laboratory.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-sci...g_now_opn_pos1
    Those basic points have been discussed repeatedly in some places since at least as far back as this time last year.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

User Tag List