Page 699 of 725 FirstFirst ... 199599649689697698699700701709 ... LastLast
Results 6,981 to 6,990 of 7244

Thread: Coronavirus thread

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    Nothing resembling evidence that I have seen to date supports this notion.

FWIW:

"One year after the pandemic started, World Health Organization advisor Jamie Metzl wants China to come clean about the origins of the COVID-19 virus.

The Kansas City-born, New York-based Metzl, who served as Deputy Staff Director of the Foreign Relations Committee under then Senator Joe Biden (2001-2003) and before that on the National Security Council (1997-99) and the State Department (1999-01) under President Bill Clinton), theorizes it was most likely an accidental lab leak in Wuhan."

https://torontosun.com/news/world/wh...via-a-lab-leak

We probably will never know for sure, but they were doing gain of function research on very similar viruses there (that we were helping pay for!), and leaks have happened from biosafety level 4 labs before.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by whomever View Post
    FWIW:

"One year after the pandemic started, World Health Organization advisor Jamie Metzl wants China to come clean about the origins of the COVID-19 virus.

The Kansas City-born, New York-based Metzl, who served as Deputy Staff Director of the Foreign Relations Committee under then Senator Joe Biden (2001-2003) and before that on the National Security Council (1997-99) and the State Department (1999-01) under President Bill Clinton), theorizes it was most likely an accidental lab leak in Wuhan."

https://torontosun.com/news/world/wh...via-a-lab-leak

We probably will never know for sure, but they were doing gain of function research on very similar viruses there (that we were helping pay for!), and leaks have happened from biosafety level 4 labs before.
    Quote Originally Posted by CleverNickname View Post
    https://www.wsj.com/articles/coronav...an-11587486996
    https://2017-2021.state.gov/fact-she...gy//index.html

Not proven, but it seems to be likelier than not from circumstantial evidence.
    There is no evidence that this virus emerged from a laboratory and instead is likely the entirely predictable consequence of zoonotic spillover. If you have found primary research (e.g.) to the contrary I would be curious to read more.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    There is no evidence that this virus emerged from a laboratory and instead is likely the entirely predictable consequence of zoonotic spillover. If you have found primary research (e.g.) to the contrary I would be curious to read more.
    Just because evidence hasn’t been made public doesn’t mean there’s no evidence.

And that’s all I have to say about that.

RE China: I think there's a separate thread for socio-political aspects of COVID. ETA: The origins and China are an interesting discussion, but I respectfully suggest the primary value of this thread is sharing medical information related to the disease.

Quote Originally Posted by pangloss View Post
    The clinical stuff is not my area of expertise, but the paragraphs quoted agree with my understanding of the long term effects. I think monitoring of athletes at Ohio State is where they spotted the cardiac issues. I'm not sure how you'd get lung fibrosis if the infection is limited to the upper respiratory tract, but it's definitely a thing in some people who get pneumonia. A good friend of mine is a neurologist and according to her the cognitive issues are real and persist beyond resolution of acute infection.

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk
    I read the Wildlife Today blog post about the long term effects of COVID on an otherwise healthy population. I also watched some of the podcast. (A Facebook account is not necessary). It's very sobering info for the folks who think "I'm in great shape, COVID won't hurt me".

I'm linking the blog again in case anyone missed Pangloss's earlier link. https://wildfiretoday.com/2021/01/27...fter-covid-19/
    Last edited by Mark D; 01-29-2021 at 11:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    Just because evidence hasn’t been made public doesn’t mean there’s no evidence.

And that’s all I have to say about that.
    I think it is exceedingly unlikely that

a) Trump did not have access to such evidence
    or
    b) Trump had access to such evidence but agreed to withhold it during a hotly contested election season in which covid featured prominently.

Quote Originally Posted by 0ddl0t View Post
    I'm still not 100% certain, but it is looking more & more likely that I had a false positive.

1/1: I was exposed to someone who later developed a fever, but who ultimately tested negative for covid (as did everyone else they and I contacted)
    1/6: I tested positive PCR, but never developed any symptoms
    1/9: I tested negative PCR
    1/11: I tested negative PCR
    1/15: I tested negative for the IgG antibody

According to my reading, most people should have had antibodies after 14 days, but some do take longer:

I'll get another routine antibody test when I donate blood on Feb 1. Even still, the CDC's position is that 1 positive PCR means you had covid, regardless of however many negative antibody tests you get.
    The blood I donated also tested negative for covid antibodies, so I'm pretty sure I was never actually infected (regardless of what the CDC says).

Site Supporter
    @0ddl0t, false positives are rare but they do exist. I tend to agree with you that the subsequent PCR tests and antibody tests are more likely to be true negatives than false negatives. I'm glad you dodged the virus.

Dammit. My almost niece is 20 and away at school. She was just diagnosed with Covid and is now isolated in a motel off campus with minimal care. Our concern is that she was born with a congenital heart defect (a biggie - Tetralogy of Fallot) that was corrected shortly after birth, but she’s tiny and a little frail.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Site Supporter
    Lost a co-worker today. I first met him as the second SO at the public library. He later offered me a job with Greystar security, part time.
    We were both part time a the library. He left Greystar and only worked at the library. When a full time position opened up with Greystar, I took it and left the library. We sort of changed spots.
    I don't know his exact age, but he was more that 60, likely close to 70. He had other health issues, mainly diabetes. I knew when he was admitted to the hospital a couple of weeks ago, but only found out this morning ((2/9/2021) that he died.
    This is the third person I know personally who as died of the "fake" (politically motivated) disease.
    I'm still waiting on my vaccination. I sit in the lobby of an ER and 15 to 20 people, that I have to get a temperature reading from, (Stand within arms length as I hold the IR reader to their forehead.) will volunteer that they have tested positive. I wear a mask, face shield, and use gallons of hand sanitizer and Lysol. My wife has a compromised immune system due to using Embroil. I CAN'T bring anything home to her.
    I've got NO patience with those who refuse to ware a mask as some sort of political statement. You're right, I can't force your ignorant ass to put on a mask, but I can damn well refuse to let your bleeding ass into our facility without one. Our sandbox, our rules. You can damn well bleed out on the side walk if that's more important that our request that you put on a damn mask.

Site Supporter
    Lost a co-worker today. I first met him as the second SO at the public library. He later offered me a job with Greystar security, part time.
    We were both part time at the library. He left Greystar and only worked at the library. When a full time position opened up with Greystar, I took it and left the library. We sort of changed spots.
    I don't know his exact age, but he was more that 60, likely close to 70. He had other health issues, mainly diabetes. I knew when he was admitted to the hospital a couple of weeks ago, but only found out this morning ((2/9/2021) that he died.
    This is the third person I know personally who as died of the "fake" (politically motivated) disease.
    I'm still waiting on my vaccination. I sit in the lobby of an ER and 15 to 20 people, that I have to get a temperature reading from, (Stand within arms length as I hold the IR reader to their forehead.) will volunteer that they have tested positive. I wear a mask, face shield, and use gallons of hand sanitizer and Lysol. My wife has a compromised immune system due to using Embroil. I CAN'T bring anything home to her.
    I've got NO patience with those who refuse to ware a mask as some sort of political statement. You're right, I can't force your ignorant ass to put on a mask, but I can damn well refuse to let your bleeding ass into our facility without one. Our sandbox, our rules. You can damn well bleed out on the side walk if that's more important that our request that you put on a damn mask.

User Tag List