Page 319 of 725 FirstFirst ... 219269309317318319320321329369419 ... LastLast
Results 3,181 to 3,190 of 7244

Thread: Coronavirus thread

My best friend just told me his grandmother died from COVID related complications. He said she was only diagnosed two days ago and her facility had already locked down and wouldn’t allow visitors so the family did not get to see her before she died.

I wonder how many cases we actually have in the US right now because it seems no other locality is testing people at the rate NY is.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    Exponential growth is a bitch, we’re going to be north of 80,000 cases in the country by the end of the day
    According to the Worldometer site right now, NY has half of the known active cases in the US. Brutal.

Name:  0326_1.jpg
Views: 542
Size:  56.5 KB
    Name:  0326_2.JPG
Views: 486
Size:  48.0 KB

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries
    Last edited by peterb; 03-26-2020 at 12:32 PM.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    My best friend just told me his grandmother died from COVID related complications. He said she was only diagnosed two days ago and her facility had already locked down and wouldn’t allow visitors so the family did not get to see her before she died.

I wonder how many cases we actually have in the US right now because it seems no other locality is testing people at the rate NY is.
    Guaranteed far more than are actually being measured, especially in states that have been slow to roll out testing or have far fewer resources.

New Orleans, for example, is likely being hit just as hard as NYC, but their state lab has only processes just over 2k samples. Private labs have reportedly tested another 15k. That is still almost half of the number of POSITIVE tests that NY State has reported - I am sure the # of tests they have run is substantially higher (Cuomo has cited about a 10% positive rate for tests run in NYS).

I feel for NYC, but I fear that New Orleans will be substantially worse. Healthcare in Louisiana already has a ... slightly less than desirable reputation. It's going to be really ugly.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    This is taken from a friend in the industry regarding COVID-19 and the particularly virulent SHOT Show crud this year.

Given the prior posts about COVID cases in the US being traced back to 01/21 and before it is plausible. Thoughts ?
    I mentioned a buddy who was hospitalized in Feb, shortly after returning from the NAMM show. For those that don’t know NAMM, it’s the SHOT of the music industry. Jan 16-19, 2020, Anaheim convention center, 9 square miles of shiny new shit to see, 80k+ attendees from all over the world some years, BIG Chinese presence, due to trends in the MI over the last 4 decades. I used to get sick with something at least every other year when I was a regular attendee.

At any rate, LA, Seattle, the bay area, NYC... every major urban center would be represented. Wouldn’t be more than a hunch if it weren't for my guy being hospitalized and out of work for 4 weeks telling me directly that he’s convinced he had it, and he’s convinced it came from NAMM. Maybe he’s wrong, and it was something else that sidelined him with the same symptoms, but that’s not the first conclusion I’m jumping to, myself. FWIW.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    I got the same email. Pretty sure it was an email blast to everyone HRC had an email address for.
    Y’all may want to spell out what “HRC” means in this context. Just seeing it makes my nuts snap up tight in reaction.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Y’all may want to spell out what “HRC” means in this context. Just seeing it makes my nuts snap up tight in reaction.
    Human Resources Command at Fort Knox. “HR” for the Army.

Quote Originally Posted by peterb View Post
    According to the Worldometer site right now, NY has half of the known active cases in the US. Brutal.

Name:  0326_1.jpg
Views: 542
Size:  56.5 KB
    Name:  0326_2.JPG
Views: 486
Size:  48.0 KB

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries
    It looks like the epicenter of the pandemia will shift from Europe to USA, and then probably Brazil.

And then who knows? Another round at the entire world? History repeats itself.

Quote Originally Posted by TiroFijo View Post
    It looks like the epicenter of the pandemia will shift from Europe to USA, and then probably Brazil.

And then who knows? Another round at the entire world? History repeats itself.
    India will give Brazil a run for the money. Dharavi vs favela Rocinha.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Would you like some cheese to go with that whine?

HRC = Human Resources Command

Site Supporter
    Evil people don’t stop being evil because of a crisis, they see it as an opportunity.

When the rabbit s reams the Fox comes a runnin’ ..... but not to help.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/missouri-...oronavirus-fbi

Missouri man plotting coronavirus hospital bombing killed in shooting, FBI says

A Missouri man who was plotting to bomb a hospital was killed in a shooting this week after he “decided to accelerate his plan” due to the coronavirus pandemic, federal authorities said Wednesday.

Timothy Wilson, 36, was injured Tuesday in Belton, a suburb of Kansas City, when FBI agents tried to arrest him after a long-running domestic terrorism investigation, according to a statement Wednesday from Timothy Langan, special agent in charge of the FBI's Kansas City office.

Wilson was armed at the time. He was injured and died later at a hospital. The statement did not say how he suffered the fatal injury or give further details on the shooting incident.

A months-long investigation determined Wilson was a potentially violent extremist, motivated by religious, racial and anti-government beliefs, according to the statement.

He planned for several months to carry out a bombing and decided to target a Kansas City-area hospital using a “vehicle-borne” improvised explosive “to cause severe harm and mass casualties," the FBI said. The name of the hospital was not given

Wilson took steps to acquire materials for the bomb even as the FBI’s Joint Terrorism Task Force was surveilling him. He was picking up what he thought was a bomb when agents tried to arrest him Tuesday. The FBI said the bomb wasn’t real, but did not provide further
    Last edited by HCM; 03-26-2020 at 01:12 PM.

User Tag List