Page 300 of 725 FirstFirst ... 200250290298299300301302310350400 ... LastLast
Results 2,991 to 3,000 of 7244

Thread: Coronavirus thread

I imagine it would only be rule out for a severe disease. I am looking at my times and RPMs on a stationstationary bike, and my weights performance just as indicators of general health, not SARS-CoV2 status. By all accounts, clinically important cases don't leave much doubts from a diagnostic standpoint.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Most of the populous counties of Texas now going to shelter in place. Dallas has gone, central Texas is going in the next 24 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post
    My county was asleep at the switch for weeks, apparently convinced we'd be spared. But they're getting trying to up to speed now...

“If needed, teams will establish an alternative care site at the university recreation center, which has adequate space plus sufficient electricity and water. The site would serve patients who are ill with COVID-19 if local hospitals reach capacity. Engineering teams are developing plans to convert the space for medical use, while logistics teams are working with state leaders to procure appropriate medical equipment. The County Medical Reserve Corps, a group of trained volunteers who assist public health efforts during times of special need or disaster, will staff the site."

I sure hope it doesn't come that, but I realize it easily might.
    My wife's internship for her Master's in Environmental Health was with the Medical Reserve Corps.

They're spec'd out to deploy "medical needs shelters" for disasters.....as in, everyone who needs insulin or some other med and doesn't have it, but isn't necessarily a sick person that needs a hospital, come stay here instead of the regular gulag relief shelter. Even if you get the equipment to turn them into Covid-19 treatment areas, they don't have the specialized personnel needed to perform that level of care......all those people are already putting it on the line in the hospitals.

I guess if you need somewhere for The Infected to die while you make press releases that "we did something!" it's a good idea.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    My wife's internship for her Master's in Environmental Health was with the Medical Reserve Corps.

They're spec'd out to deploy "medical needs shelters" for disasters.....as in, everyone who needs insulin or some other med and doesn't have it, but isn't necessarily a sick person that needs a hospital, come stay here instead of the regular gulag relief shelter. Even if you get the equipment to turn them into Covid-19 treatment areas, they don't have the specialized personnel needed to perform that level of care......all those people are already putting it on the line in the hospitals.

I guess if you need somewhere for The Infected to die while you make press releases that "we did something!" it's a good idea.
    We’re seeing Chicago set up a troubled hotel for quarantining asymptomatic COVID cases. We had this kind of thing in our plan, but not to this scale.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by pangloss View Post
    The clinical side here sent out a campus wide request for PPE today. I knew where a few boxes where squirreled away, that might stretch things out for a half hour or so.
    Is there any data out on hydrogen peroxide vapor effectiveness on the bug? About a decade ago, the lab I was at would spray down the inside of a Tupperware with H2O2, insert whatever components we were bringing into a clean room, put it in the pass through, spray it again. I never saw the data, but 40 minutes later or so, all the microbes inside the Tupperware were allegedly shredded.

The reason I ask is because I'm seeing reports of folks using alcohol to disinfect used masks, and it accelerating break down of the masks.

Site Supporter
    If anybody still needs bleach our Home Depot in Alabama still had %10 sodium hypochlorite in the pool section. Just do some math and dilute it to CDC recommended levels.

Site Supporter
    I googled some numbers from the 1918 swine flu pandemic - world wide - 50 million dead, world population 1.8 billion my math says 2.8 % death rate. I’m really bad at math but if my numbers are correct it is scary how it relates to today

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Poconnor View Post
    I googled some numbers from the 1918 swine flu pandemic - world wide - 50 million dead, world population 1.8 billion my math says 2.8 % death rate. I’m really bad at math but if my numbers are correct it is scary how it relates to today
    the deaths attributable Spanish Flu pandemic of 1917 (ironically, likely originated in the US and not spain) are very hard to get a fix on for lots of reasons. However, no matter how you slice the numbers, a shitload of people died, and there is no reason to think this virus won't lead to a similar outcome. Even a 1% case fatality rate is a lot of people.

Bergen county, NJ, the hardest hit county in NJ, has a drive up testing site at the local community college, with only enough testing kits to do 250 tests per week. Every day they reach capacity before the center opens. Not official, but I'm hearing that 50% of the people showing up for tests are completely asymptomatic. Big mistake not requiring a doctor's clearance to get tested.
    Real guns have hammers.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Duffy View Post
    Bergen county, NJ, the hardest hit county in NJ, has a drive up testing site at the local community college, with only enough testing kits to do 250 tests per week. Every day they reach capacity before the center opens. Not official, but I'm hearing that 50% of the people showing up for tests are completely asymptomatic. Big mistake not requiring a doctor's clearance to get tested.
    My guess is they gave the drive-up center a quantity of testing supplies they could afford to lose. 250 isn't very many; probably safe to assume most testing kits are going to healthcare providers and inpatients at this time. That said, it is good we are testing people who are asymptomatic - will give us a better grasp on the scope of the virus' spread. In an ideal world we'd have enough test kits for everyone, but that day isn't here yet.

User Tag List