Page 385 of 725 FirstFirst ... 285335375383384385386387395435485 ... LastLast
Results 3,841 to 3,850 of 7244

Thread: Coronavirus thread

Quote Originally Posted by uechibear View Post
    Early on in this pandemic (before it officially was one), they said stay 3 feet away from other people, which soon became 6 feet, but that never really made sense to me. I read this today:

Source: https://www.newsmax.com/health/healt.../31/id/960704/
    Original Journal of the American Medical Association article: https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jam...rticle/2763852

I read a different article that I can't find at the moment, and it quoted Dr. Fauci, who basically reacted with, "well, yeah, if someone forcefully sneezes, the virus could be projected out that far, and if you saw it happen you could run in the other direction, but that's not practical guidance to give the public."
    So, that'd be bad because it could result in "sneeze stampedes"?

These are truly strange days.
    ''Politics is for the present, but an equation is for eternity.'' ―Albert Einstein

Full disclosure per the Pistol-Forum CoC: I am the author of Quantitative Ammunition Selection.

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post

I've requested a copy of the letter.
    I’ll bet you did.

In other news, the Philippine’s hardass president steps up the hardass;

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/rodrigo...t-people-dead/

Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte orders police and military to kill citizens who defy coronavirus lockdown

There’s a bit more to the story than the inflammatory headline, but not by much.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by the Schwartz View Post
    So, that'd be bad because it could result in "sneeze stampedes"?
    Presumably!

To be clear, I was paraphrasing Dr. Fauci a few posts back, and it was my interpretation that when he said "not practical," he meant running more than 27 feet away from a sneeze is not practical guidance that he'd give the public (for whatever reason, and "sneeze stampedes" seems plausible).
    Semper Fi, Marines!

AWDCorvette.com - Corvettes and especially the new 2024 all-wheel drive ERay!
    youtube.com/@AWDCorvetteERay

Wearing masks. What a freaking retarded thing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    My business partners sister is a Doc in ABQ.
    She got a letter Tuesday from her Hospitals' Life Insurer, informing her that her coverage would not apply if she died due to a COVID infection.

I've requested a copy of the letter.
    I suspect we'll see a lot of this from insurance companies, unless forced otherwise by legislation. I talked to my insurance agent for my small business policy a few weeks back and she said that the insurers are trying every trick in the book to avoid payouts related to the virus. In all fields.

They are surely trying to survive short term but I wonder what it'll do to their businesses long term. We're have been waiting for insurance company response in regards to a cancelled airfare for at least 3 weeks. My gut feeling they won't pay, and if they don't, it is the last time we bought that coverage.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Quote Originally Posted by ffhounddog View Post
    Wearing masks. What a freaking retarded thing to do.
    Why?
    Don’t blame me. I didn’t vote for that dumb bastard.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe S View Post
    I suspect we'll see a lot of this from insurance companies, unless forced otherwise by legislation. I talked to my insurance agent for my small business policy a few weeks back and she said that the insurers are trying every trick in the book to avoid payouts related to the virus. In all fields.
    I doubt the insurance providers would survive the mass payouts this pandemic is likely to cause. Expect another government bailout.
    You will more often be attacked for what others think you believe than what you actually believe. Expect misrepresentation, misunderstanding, and projection as the modern normal default setting. ~ Quintus Curtius

Quote Originally Posted by uechibear View Post
    Presumably!

To be clear, I was paraphrasing Dr. Fauci a few posts back, and it was my interpretation that when he said "not practical," he meant running more than 27 feet away from a sneeze is not practical guidance that he'd give the public (for whatever reason, and "sneeze stampedes" seems plausible).
    That was from one of the WH briefings. It was rather entertaining to watch Dr. Fauci explain that yes, it is in fact possible for someone to propel droplets as far as 27 feet with a forceful sneeze. That data says only that, that under ideal circumstances droplets can travel up to 27 feet, not that viral transmission has been observed at 27 feet.

It's sorta like rimfire being dangerous out to a mile. Yes, it's true. No, you don't need a mile buffer between your neighbor if you're shooting rimfire.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Why?
    Not going to do anything, and I’m allergy season could be worse on the person with allergies. This is not bad if you are not a fat fucker or have Diabetes. Hopefully my Ex’s family die soon.

Also it’s really a dumb thing to do because we didn’t do it for MERS, SARS, bird flu, and I really have zero fucks to give anyone who will not live life. Also I just hate most people who blindly follow the government like liberal Navy Officers.

User Tag List