Page 201 of 725 FirstFirst ... 101151191199200201202203211251301701 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,010 of 7244

Thread: Coronavirus thread

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by shootist26 View Post
    I predict that 0% of the people in this photo will self quarantine

Just based off what I saw this weekend in boston. Packed bars, lines out the door, etc

We are our own worst enemy

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    With every passing day I become increasingly convinced that the virus is going to devastate the US in a way that will be unique from anywhere else in the world.

Vietnam has tested more people than we have!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Warped Mindless View Post
    My fiancee and I are currently having a little disagreement.

I don't think we live up to the label of "prepper" but we do always make it a point to keep several months of supplies and food stocked up at all times. A few weeks ago I suggested that we beat the crowds and also go buy some extra food for immediate family since we know that they wouldn't heed our advice and stock up themselves. She was 100% good with that and now we have several large totes full of food and other supplies for any family who needs it.

Problem is, there are a lot of people in our area posting on FB and other places that they dont have money for food and/or the supermarkets don't have much food left. My fiancee feels bad for them and wants to dip into our preps to help them out.

I have no problem with charity and giving. We donate food to the church and food pantries through out the year. Thing is, I keep trying to explain to her that if we help everyone who didn't have the money or knowledge to help themselves then we would quickly be out of food and supplies ourselves. I told her we cant help everyone and that we have to draw a line somewhere.

On a rational level she understands this but she is letting her emotions take over. Its annoying.
    This is a fundamental general difference between how men and women think, regardless of what feminists and progressives would like to believe.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    I don't think anyone here personally knows anyone who was tested because, for all practical purposes, you can't get tested even if you wanted to. The diagnostic process in our country is biased to not having a complete answer, whether the actual situation is aligned with beliefs that you had expressed, or Nephrology did.
    I do - a former co-worker who lives in an affected area, self-quarantined, along with his family, for a week plus and tested positive after showing symptoms. I don't think the question itself is relevant to the discussion, but the answer is yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Warped Mindless View Post
    My fiancee and I are currently having a little disagreement.

I don't think we live up to the label of "prepper" but we do always make it a point to keep several months of supplies and food stocked up at all times. A few weeks ago I suggested that we beat the crowds and also go buy some extra food for immediate family since we know that they wouldn't heed our advice and stock up themselves. She was 100% good with that and now we have several large totes full of food and other supplies for any family who needs it.

Problem is, there are a lot of people in our area posting on FB and other places that they dont have money for food and/or the supermarkets don't have much food left. My fiancee feels bad for them and wants to dip into our preps to help them out.

I have no problem with charity and giving. We donate food to the church and food pantries through out the year. Thing is, I keep trying to explain to her that if we help everyone who didn't have the money or knowledge to help themselves then we would quickly be out of food and supplies ourselves. I told her we cant help everyone and that we have to draw a line somewhere.

On a rational level she understands this but she is letting her emotions take over. Its annoying.
    So long as she realizes that it is her half of the supplies that she is ''dipping into''...
    ''Politics is for the present, but an equation is for eternity.'' ―Albert Einstein

Full disclosure per the Pistol-Forum CoC: I am the author of Quantitative Ammunition Selection.

Quote Originally Posted by jellydonut View Post
    This is a fundamental general difference between how men and women think, regardless of what feminists and progressives would like to believe.
    Exactly.

I dont fault her for having compassion for others but as the man responsible for my families safety, I don't have the luxury of thinking with emotion.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    My brother, cousin really but we call each other brothers, lives in Tel-Aviv. That place is normally hopping at night.
    Says restaurants and bars are empty, and nobody is bitching how terrible inconvenienced their life is.
    When Israelis / Jews stop kvetching it is a sure harbinger of the end of times.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by jellydonut View Post
    I don't really think that's true, in my experience. There are many things that I feel are different between men and women beyond the obvious, but not necessarily empathy.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

home invasions seem to be having an uptick in my area. stay frosty

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    home invasions seem to be having an uptick in my area. stay frosty
    Great... Stay safe sir!

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    Great... Stay safe sir!
    one was done in the middle of the day with the residents home, despite being warned of cops and a pitbull dude still pulled their door framing off.

User Tag List